- The report contains detailed information about Theravance Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Theravance Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Theravance Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Theravance Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Theravance Inc. business.
About Theravance Inc.
Theravance, Inc. operates as a biopharmaceutical company. The company focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of small molecule medicines across therapeutic areas, including respiratory disease, bacterial infections, and gastrointestinal motility dysfunction.
The companys programs include VIBATIV (telavancin) with Astellas Pharma Inc. (Astellas) and RELOVAIR program (formerly referred to as Horizon) and the Bifunctional Muscarinic Antagonist-beta2 Agonist (MABA) program with GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK).
The company, in November 2002, entered into long-acting beta2 agonist (LABA) collaboration with GSK to develop and commercialize a once-daily LABA product candidate both as a single-agent new medicine for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and as part of a new combination medicine with an inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) for the treatment of asthma and/or a long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) for COPD. This collaboration is known as the RELOVAIR program. In March 2004, the company entered into a strategic alliance agreement with GSK under which GSK received an option to license development and commercialization rights to product candidates from all of its full drug discovery programs initiated prior to September 1, 2007.
The companys collaboration arrangement with Astellas covers the development and commercialization of VIBATIV, a bactericidal, once-daily injectable antibiotic developed by the company for the treatment of Gram-positive infections, including methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved VIBATIV for the treatment of adult patients with complicated skin and skin structure infections (cSSSI) caused by susceptible Gram-positive bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus, both methicillin-resistant (MRSA) and methicillin-susceptible (MSSA) strains. VIBATIV is also approved in Canada for the treatment of adult patients with cSSSI.
Inhaled Bifunctional Muscarinic Antagonist-beta2 Agonist (MABA) Program
In the MABA program, the company is in the process of developing with GSK a bifunctional long-acting inhaled bronchodilator.
Other Pipeline Programs
The company has other clinical-stage programs for bacterial infections, gastrointestinal motility and cognitive disorders.
TD-1792 is the companys investigational heterodimer antibiotic that combines the antibacterial activities of a glycopeptide and a beta-lactam in one molecule. TD-1792 develops an antibiotic for the treatment of serious infections caused by Gram-positive bacteria.
The companys Gastrointestinal (GI) Motility Dysfunction program is focused on finding new medicines for GI motility disorders such as chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC) and other disorders related to reduced gastrointestinal motility. Main compound in this area is TD-5108, a selective 5-HT4 receptor agonist that has completed a 400 patient Phase 2 study in CIC.
The company also develops TD-1211, an oral peripheral Mu-opioid antagonist (PUMA) for the treatment of opioid-induced bowel constipation. The company completed a single-ascending dose Phase 1 study with TD-1211 and progressed the compound into a multiple-ascending dose Phase 1 study.
In MARIN program for the treatment of neuropathic pain, the company has completed IND-enabling studies with compound TD-9855.
VIBATIV (telavancin): VIBATIV competes with vancomycin, a generic drug that is manufactured by a variety of companies, as well as other drugs targeted at Gram-positive bacterial infections. Marketed products include daptomycin (marketed by Cubist Pharmaceuticals), linezolid (marketed by Pfizer) and tigecycline (marketed by Wyeth).
RELOVAIR Program with GSK: RELOVAIR program with GSK would compete with salmeterol and fluticasone (marketed by GSK), formoterol, and formoterol and budesonide as a combination (marketed by AstraZeneca), and tiotropium (marketed by Boehringer Ingelheim and Pfizer). Indacaterol is being developed as a single-agent by Novartis and, in combination with an ICS (mometasone). In addition, indacaterol combined with a muscarinic antagonist is being developed by Novartis. Boehringer-Ingelheim develops a combination product with tiotropium and the long-acting beta agonist BI-1744 for the treatment of COPD.
Theravance, Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THERAVANCE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THERAVANCE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THERAVANCE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THERAVANCE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THERAVANCE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Theravance Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Theravance Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Theravance Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Theravance Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Theravance Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. THERAVANCE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THERAVANCE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THERAVANCE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THERAVANCE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THERAVANCE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THERAVANCE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Theravance Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Theravance Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Theravance Inc. Major Shareholders
Theravance Inc. History
Theravance Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Theravance Inc. Offices and Representations
Theravance Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Theravance Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Theravance Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Theravance Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Theravance Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Theravance Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Theravance Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Theravance Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Theravance Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Theravance Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Theravance Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Theravance Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?