- The report contains detailed information about Theratechnologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Theratechnologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Theratechnologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Theratechnologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Theratechnologies Inc. business.
About Theratechnologies Inc.
Theratechnologies Inc (the company) is incorporated under Part 1A of the Québec Companies Act. The Companys principal business activity is to carry out research and development in the field of healthcare and biotechnology. The Companys research focuses on the development of therapeutic peptides targeting endocrine and metabolic disorders. In addition, the subsidiary Celmed BioSciences Inc. (Celmed), which operates in the field of cellular therapy, acquired in 2001 two California corporations operating in the field of autologous transplantation in patients with neurodegenerative diseases for the purpose of acquiring intellectual property.
The Company is a Canadian biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery and development of therapeutic products for the treatment of endocrine and metabolic disorders. The Company's products are currently at various stages of development, ranging from discovery to Phase II clinical trials, and target catabolic (loss of the body's synthesis and regeneration capacity) and metabolic disorders, as well as osteoporosis and diabetes.
Celmed BioSciences, a private company spun off by Theratechnologies in 2001, targets niche applications in ongology and neurology. Celmed develops cell-based therapies for the treatment of hematological, immune and neurodegenerative disorders.
The Company currently holds three major products targeting multi-billion dollar markets:
ThGRF (TH9507) is a growth hormone-releasing factor analogue for which scientific results have shown potential in a variety of catabolic and metabolic indications.
ThPTH or parathormone is a hormone, which has the ability to promote bone formation, reducing by a significant margin the incidence of fractures in people suffering from osteoporosis.
ThGLP-1 or glucagon-like peptide-1 could be one of the most promising emerging therapy for type II diabetes since the discovery of insulin.
Theratechnologies also owns a rich portfolio of peptides derived from the LAP (Long Acting Peptide) and ExoPep technologies.
ThGRF, a growth hormone-releasing factor analogue, is Theratechnologies most clinically advanced product. It is suitable for the treatment of catabolic diseases and presents a very good safety profile. ThGRF has reached certain key milestones of its extensive Phase II clinical program and Theratechnologies has already deployed a global partnership strategy for the development, commercialization, manufacturing and transdermal administration of this product.
Theratechnologies osteoporosis program is based on the development of a transdermal formulation of parathormone (PTH), known for its bone-forming effects. This product is undergoing an accelerated development program.
The type II diabetes program targets the development of a GLP-1 (glucagon-like peptide-1) analogue, presenting a mechanism of action that could prevent hypoglycemic complications. The Company is working concurrently on other peptides in the therapeutic field of diabetes.
Theratechnologies subsidiary, Celmed BioSciences, is engaged in the field of cell therapy targeting certain cancers and central nervous system disorders using autologous adult stem cell grafts. Theralux, an ex vivo photodynamic treatment of cancerous, alloreactive and autoimmune cells, currently targets chronic myeloid leukemia, non-Hodgkins lymphoma and graft-versus-host disease. The Neuro platform targets Parkinsons disease through the autologous transplantation of neural stem cells.
Theratechnologies has signed a strategic agreement with Massachusetts General Hospital (USA) to evaluate tesamorelin in relative growth hormone deficient abdominally obese (GHDAO) patients.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THERATECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THERATECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THERATECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THERATECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THERATECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Theratechnologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Theratechnologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Theratechnologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Theratechnologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Theratechnologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. THERATECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THERATECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THERATECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THERATECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THERATECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THERATECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Theratechnologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Theratechnologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Theratechnologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Theratechnologies Inc. History
Theratechnologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Theratechnologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Theratechnologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Theratechnologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Theratechnologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Theratechnologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Theratechnologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Theratechnologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Theratechnologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Theratechnologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Theratechnologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Theratechnologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Theratechnologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Theratechnologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?