- The report contains detailed information about Telik Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Telik Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Telik Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Telik Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Telik Inc. business.
About Telik Inc.
Telik, Inc., a clinical stage drug development company, focuses on discovering and developing small molecule drugs to treat cancer and inflammatory diseases. The company discovers its product candidates using its proprietary drug discovery technology, target-related affinity profiling (TRAP).
Clinical Product Development
TELINTRA: TELINTRA, the companys small molecule product candidate in clinical development, is a small molecule glutathione analog inhibitor of the enzyme glutathione S-transferase P1-1. The company is developing TELINTRA for the treatment of blood disorders associated with low blood cell levels, such as neutropenia or anemia. In 2009, the company initiated a Phase 2 randomized study in severe chronic neutropenia (SCN) to determine the effect of TELINTRA tablets on absolute neutrophil count in patients with this disease. In 2009, it also initiated a Phase 1 dose-ranging study of TELINTRA tablets in combination with Lenalidomide in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS).
TELCYTA: TELCYTA, the companys primary small molecule drug product candidate, is a small molecule cancer drug product candidate designed to be activated in cancer cells. TELCYTA binds to glutathione S-transferase P1-1 (GST P1-1), a protein that is elevated in various human cancers, such as ovarian, non-small cell lung, colorectal, breast, and other types of cancer. The company completed a multicenter, randomized clinical study of 125 patients of TELCYTA in combination with liposomal doxorubicin versus liposomal doxorubicin as second line therapy in platinum refractory or resistant ovarian cancer.
Preclinical Drug Product Development
TLK60404: The company has a small molecule compound, TLK60404, in preclinical development that inhibits both Aurora kinase and VEGFR kinase.
TLK60357: Using its TRAP technology, the company has discovered TLK60357, a potent small molecule inhibitor of cell division. TLK60357 inhibits the formation of microtubules that are necessary for cancer cell growth leading to persistent cancer cell block and subsequent cell death at the G2/M phase of the cell cycle. This compound demonstrates potent anticancer activity against various human cancer cells. This compound also displays oral efficacy in multiple, standard preclinical models of cancer. TLK60357 is being evaluated in preclinical safety studies.
TLK60596: TLK60596 is a small-molecule dual inhibitor of VEGFR1 and VEGFR2 kinase. VEGFR1/2 kinases are known to mediate the formation of new blood vessels in human cancers allowing them to grow. The company is conducting further preclinical assessment of TLK60596.
TLK58747: TLK58747 is a metabolically activated cytotoxic small molecule. TLK58747 induces apoptosis and G2/M cell cycle arrest in an array of human cancer cell lines, including those not expressing GST P1-1.
Mount Sinai School of Medicine: The company has entered into a research and license agreement with the Mount Sinai School of Medicine (Mount Sinai) to use its TRAP technology for the identification of small molecule compounds active against a target chosen by Mount Sinai. Mount Sinai has the right to select compounds arising from the collaboration for further development.
Hospital for Special Surgery: The company has entered into a TRAP screening agreement with the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS). The company and HSS are using TRAP technology for the identification of small molecule compounds that inhibit a key enzyme in cell signaling and migration.
Swiss Tropical Institute: The company has entered into a TRAP screening agreement with the Swiss Tropical Institute (STI). STI has research programs in molecular parasitology and infection biology, particularly applied to tropical diseases, to discover effective treatments for these diseases. The company and STI are using TRAP technology for the identification of small molecules that affect two key tropical parasites.
The company's suppliers are AMRI Rensselaer, Inc. and Isochem.
Telik, Inc. was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TELIK INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TELIK INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TELIK INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TELIK INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TELIK INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Telik Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Telik Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Telik Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Telik Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Telik Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TELIK INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TELIK INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TELIK INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TELIK INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TELIK INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TELIK INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Telik Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Telik Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Telik Inc. Major Shareholders
Telik Inc. History
Telik Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Telik Inc. Offices and Representations
Telik Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Telik Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Telik Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Telik Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Telik Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Telik Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Telik Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Telik Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Telik Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Telik Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Telik Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Telik Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?