- The report contains detailed information about Techne Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Techne Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Techne Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Techne Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Techne Corp. business.
About Techne Corp.
TECHNE Corporation engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of biotechnology products, and hematology calibrators and controls. The company manufactures and sells products for the biotechnology research and clinical diagnostics market (cytokines, assays, and related products), and the clinical diagnostics market (hematology controls, and calibrators).
The company's activities are conducted domestically through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Research and Diagnostic Systems, Inc. (R&D Systems) and BiosPacific, Inc. (BiosPacific). It distributes biotechnology products in Europe through its wholly-owned U.K. subsidiary, R&D Systems Europe Ltd. (R&D Europe). R&D Europe has a sales subsidiary, R&D Systems GmbH, in Germany and a sales office in France. The company distributes biotechnology products in China through its wholly-owned subsidiary, R&D Systems China, Co. Ltd. (R&D China).
The companys segments include Biotechnology, R&D Europe, and Hematology.
Biotechnology and R&D Europe Segments
The company, through its biotechnology and R&D Europe segments, supplies cytokines and cytokine-related reagents to the biotechnology research community. It also offers enzymes and intracellular cell signaling reagents. The company markets cytokine assay kits under the tradename Quantikine. These kits are used by researchers to quantify the level of a specific cytokine in biological fluids, such as serum, plasma, or urine. It manufactures and sells approximately 15,000 biotechnology products.
Cytokines and Enzymes: Cytokines are extracted from natural sources or produced using recombinant DNA technology. Enzymes and related factors, including enzyme substrates and inhibitors are purified and characterized to ensure the biological activity.
Antibodies: Antibodies are proteins produced by the immune system of an animal that specifically recognize and bind to target molecules. The company's polyclonal antibodies are produced in animals (primarily goats and sheep) and purified from the animals' blood. Monoclonal antibodies are made by immortalized cell lines derived from the antibody producing cells of a rodent. Monoclonal antibodies are secreted from these cell lines during cell culture and purified from the cell culture medium.
Assay Kits: This product line includes human and animal Quantikine kits which allow research scientists to quantify the amount of a specific analyte (cytokine, adhesion molecule, and enzyme) in a sample of serum or other biological fluids.
Clinical Diagnostic Kits: The company has received Food and Drug Administration (FDA) marketing clearance for its erythropoietin (EPO), transferrin receptor (TfR), and Beta2-microglobulin immunoassays for use as in vitro diagnostic kits.
Flow Cytometry Products: This product line includes fluorochrome labeled antibodies and Fluorokine kits, which are used to measure the presence or absence of cell surface receptors for specific cytokines by flow cytometry.
Intracellular Cell Signaling Products: This product line provides reagents to study apoptosis (programmed cell death) and to elucidate signal transduction pathways within cells. Products include antibodies, phospho-specific antibodies, antibody protein arrays, active caspases, kinases, and phosphatases; and ELISA assays to quantitate and measure the activity of apoptotic, and signaling molecules
This segment develops and manufactures hematology controls and calibrators for sale worldwide. It offers a range of hematology controls and calibrators for both impedance and laser type cell counters. Hematology control products are also supplied for use as proficiency testing materials by laboratory certifying authorities of various states and countries.
Whole Blood CBC Controls/Calibrators: The company produces controls and calibrators for the following major brands of analyzers: Abbott Diagnostics, Beckman Coulter, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, HORIBA Medical, and Sysmex.
Linearity and Reportable Range Controls: These products provide a means of assessing the linearity of hematology analyzers for white blood cells, red blood cells, platelets and reticulocytes (immature red blood cells). These products allow users to determine and validate the reportable range of an instrument.
Whole Blood Reticulocyte Controls: These controls are designed for manual and automated counting of reticulocytes (immature red blood cells).
Whole Blood Flow Cytometry Controls: These products are controls for flow cytometry instruments. These instruments are used to identify and quantify white blood cells by their immuno-phenotypic properties.
Whole Blood Glucose/Hemoglobin Control: This product is designed to monitor instruments which measure glucose and hemoglobin in whole blood.
Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate Control: This product is designed to monitor erythrocyte (red blood cell) sedimentation rate tests.
Multi-Purpose Platelet Reference Controls: These products, Platelet-Trol II and Platelet-Trol Extended, are designed for use by automated and semi-automated analyzers which monitor platelet levels.
The principal hematology control competitors of R&D Systems' retail products are Abbott Diagnostics, Beckman Coulter, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Streck, Inc., Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc., and Sysmex Corporation.
TECHNE Corporation was founded in 1976.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TECHNE CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TECHNE CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TECHNE CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TECHNE CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TECHNE CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Techne Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Techne Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Techne Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Techne Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Techne Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. TECHNE CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TECHNE CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TECHNE CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TECHNE CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TECHNE CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TECHNE CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Techne Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Techne Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Techne Corp. Major Shareholders
Techne Corp. History
Techne Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Techne Corp. Offices and Representations
Techne Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Techne Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Techne Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Techne Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Techne Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Techne Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Techne Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Techne Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Techne Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Techne Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Techne Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Techne Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?