- The report contains detailed information about Tecan Group Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tecan Group Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tecan Group Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tecan Group Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tecan Group Ltd. business.
About Tecan Group Ltd.
Tecan Group AG engages in the development, production, and distribution of enabling solutions for the discovery of pharmaceutical substances, as well as genomics, proteomics, and diagnostics. It provides platforms for the automation of laboratory processes. The company focuses on liquid handling, and detection devices, as well as it provides options for system integration. Tecan also develops and manufactures components for use by other enterprises.
Automated Liquid handling
The company produces liquid handling and laboratory automation solutions for the clinical diagnostic and biopharmaceutical markets, as well as for corporate account and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers.
The companys Freedom EVO series integrates a range of Tecan instrumentation, as well as products from other third party manufacturers. These solutions offer accurate positioning for liquid handling operations, as well as the ability to integrate a range of miniaturization technologies.
In early 2004, the company launched the Freedom EVO 75 platform. It provides automation solution for customers needing liquid handling on a scale suitable for smaller laboratory settings.
Genomics: Tecan solutions help in translating genomic information into medical interventions.
Proteomics: It is allowing more direct routes to disease targets, new drugs and diagnostics.
Drug discovery: Providing tools to speed the drug discovery and development process.
Microarray scanners: In September 2004, the company introduced LS Reloaded, a series of automation microarray scanners. It introduced LaserCheck, a kit that permits convenient automatic quality control of LS Reloaded operation through calibration of microarray scanning.
Cellerity: Cellerity is an automated high-throughput cell and protein production system for cell culture maintenance, cellline expansion and harvesting.
Tecan has focused its diagnostic application business on four segments of the global diagnostics market Blood Grouping, Immunology, Laboratory Logistics and Molecular Diagnostics. In the worldwide blood banking market, Tecan is a supplier of front-end automation systems for Nucleic Acid Testing (NAT) for blood screening.
Laboratory logistics: It delivers laboratory automation solutions for sample preparation and processing.
Blood grouping: Tecan provides a range of automated applications for blood grouping and blood typing.
Molecular Diagnostics: Tecan solutions allow automation of diagnostic tests.
Immunology: Tecan provides automated tools to immunological testing for diseases like HIV and hepatitis C.
Tecan offers a range of In Vitro Diagnostic Directive (IVD-D) compliant platforms and solutions. Early 2004, the Freedom EVO Clinical series of automated platforms was introduced. The scalable, upgradeable Freedom EVO Clinical series of platforms allow its customers to make use of the products and solutions that enable automated applications. This includes applications for sample preparation, sample distribution, blood typing and pooling, as well as a range of molecular diagnostic applications.
The company provides third party solutions to many companies engaged in the life sciences. Component OEM1 products are used by other manufacturers of laboratory instruments and consumables to build solutions serving the needs of their immediate clients. Tecan produces a variety of products, such as high-precision pumps, robotic system components for laboratory automation, as well as application development software.
Tecan detection solutions serve a range of applications, on any scale, for drug discovery and clinical diagnostics, as well as basic research. In 2004, the company launched Safire2, a detection instrument for applications in fundamental research, assay development and drug screening.
Customer Support and Customized Applications
Tecan provides care and support services to its customers across the globe. This spans both the development and introduction of new solutions in the life sciences, as well as support throughout the lifetime of all Tecan projects. The company offers installation services, preventive maintenance resources, and a range of repair services.
The company operates manufacturing, research and development sites in both North America and Europe and maintains a sales and service network in approximately 52 countries. It also has presence in Asia.
Tecans clients are pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, university and research laboratories, as well as diagnostic laboratories. It serves the Life Science supply industry.
The company is collaborating with tissue engineering researchers at Universität Zürich to develop an automated system for propagation of quality controlled cells that will be suitable for use in regenerative medicine therapies, such as intervertebral disc implants.
In July 2009, Tecan Group Ltd. has entered into an agreement with pION Inc. for the joint development of automated drug screening solutions. Under the agreement, pION has combined its Double-Sink parallel artificial membrane permeability assay (PAMPA) with Tecan' Freedom EVO platform and Infinite M200 plate reader in the PAMPA Evolution, for the development of automated solutions for drug permeability and solubility screening.
Tecan Group AG was founded in 1980.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TECAN GROUP LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TECAN GROUP LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TECAN GROUP LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TECAN GROUP LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TECAN GROUP LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tecan Group Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tecan Group Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tecan Group Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tecan Group Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tecan Group Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. TECAN GROUP LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TECAN GROUP LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TECAN GROUP LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWITZERLAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TECAN GROUP LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TECAN GROUP LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TECAN GROUP LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tecan Group Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tecan Group Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tecan Group Ltd. Major Shareholders
Tecan Group Ltd. History
Tecan Group Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tecan Group Ltd. Offices and Representations
Tecan Group Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tecan Group Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tecan Group Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Tecan Group Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Tecan Group Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tecan Group Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tecan Group Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tecan Group Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Tecan Group Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Tecan Group Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tecan Group Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tecan Group Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?