- The report contains detailed information about SuperGen Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SuperGen Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SuperGen Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SuperGen Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SuperGen Inc. business.
About SuperGen Inc.
SuperGen, Inc., a pharmaceutical company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies to treat patients with cancer.
Products in Research and Development
Amuvatinib (MP-470)-DNA Repair Suppressor: Amuvatinib is a multi-targeted Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor that is specific for mutant forms of c-kit, PDGFRa, and FLT3. Amuvatinib is also a suppressor of Rad51, a DNA repair protein which is involved in resistance to various chemotherapy agents and radiation.
SGI-1776Pim Kinase Inhibitor: Pim kinases are proteins that play a pivotal survival role in cancer cells. Over-expression of Pim kinases in cells prevents programmed cell death that normally occurs when cells malfunction and can lead to unchecked cell survival, or cancer. The companys Pim kinase inhibitor, SGI-1776, is an orally administered, small molecule anticancer compound that blocks the pro-survival activity of Pim kinases, allowing malignant cells to self-abort. The company initiated a Phase I clinical trial to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetic profile of SGI-1776 in the first half of 2009.
SGI-110DNMT1 Inhibitor: In normal cells, silencing of unnecessary genes is commonly carried out by DNA methylation through the action of DNA Methyltransferase enzymes. The company has developed a compound called SGI-110 which targets and blocks the mechanism by which methylation occurs, thus allowing re-expression of tumor suppressor genes in tumors.
JAK2 Inhibitor: Janus kinases (JAK) are a family of non-receptor intracellular tyrosine kinases that transduce signaling from type I and II cytokine receptors, which possess no catalytic kinase activity, to the signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT) proteins which translocate into the nucleus to initiate the growth and differentiation programs associated with the various receptor cytokine complexes. The JAK/STAT pathways play a role in an array of cellular processes, including cell survival, proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis.
Axl Inhibitor: Axl kinase is a receptor tyrosine kinase implicated in tumorigenesis. Over-expression of Axl is associated with increased cellular transformation, cell survival, proliferation, migration, angiogenesis, and adhesion.
ETK/BMX Inhibitors: Epithelial and endothelial tyrosine kinase (ETK), also known as bone marrow X kinase (BMX), is a nonreceptor tyrosine kinase that plays a role in the proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, adhesion, motility, and tumorigenicity of epithelial cells.
Commercial License Agreements
In October 2009, the company entered into a commercial license and research agreement with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) to discover and develop specific epigenetic therapeutics to develop, commercialize, and sell the resulting products worldwide.
The companys competitors include ArQule, Array BioPharma, Astex Tx, Crystal Genomics, Exelixis, Infinity, Plexxikon, Vertex, Sanofi-Aventis, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Celgene, Eli Lilly & Co., GSK, Novartis AG, and Pfizer.
SuperGen, Inc. was founded in 1991.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SUPERGEN INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUPERGEN INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUPERGEN INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUPERGEN INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUPERGEN INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SuperGen Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SuperGen Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SuperGen Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SuperGen Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SuperGen Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SUPERGEN INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUPERGEN INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUPERGEN INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUPERGEN INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SUPERGEN INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SUPERGEN INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SuperGen Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SuperGen Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SuperGen Inc. Major Shareholders
SuperGen Inc. History
SuperGen Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SuperGen Inc. Offices and Representations
SuperGen Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SuperGen Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SuperGen Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SuperGen Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
SuperGen Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SuperGen Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SuperGen Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SuperGen Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SuperGen Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SuperGen Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SuperGen Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SuperGen Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?