- The report contains detailed information about StemCells Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for StemCells Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The StemCells Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes StemCells Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of StemCells Inc. business.
About StemCells Inc.
StemCells, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the research, development, and commercialization of stem cell therapeutics and related technologies for academia and industry.
Product Development Programs
The company has two product development programs, CNS Program, which is developing applications for HuCNS-SC cells, its proprietary human neural stem cell product candidate; and Liver Program, which is developing applications for its proprietary human liver engrafting cells.
The companys CNS Program focuses on developing clinical applications in which transplanting HuCNS-SC cells would protect the host cells of the patient before such cells are irreversibly damaged or lost due to disease progression. Its initial target indications are neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis and certain other lysosomal storage diseases, diseases in which deficient myelination plays a central role, such as Pelizeaus-Merzbacher Disease, cerebral palsy or multiple sclerosis; traumatic brain and spinal cord injury; and disorders in which retinal degeneration plays a central role, such as age-related macular degeneration or retinitis pigmentosa. HuCNS-SC cells are a purified and expanded composition of normal human neural stem cells.
The company completed a Phase I clinical trial to evaluate the safety and preliminary efficacy of its HuCNS-SC cells as a treatment for infantile and late infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis (NCL), two forms of a group of disorders often referred to as Batten disease.
Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinosis (NCL; also known as Batten disease): Neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis (NCL), which is often referred to as Batten disease, is a neurodegenerative disease that affects infants and young children.
In 2009, the company completed a six-patient Phase I clinical trial at Oregon Health & Science University Doernbecher Childrens Hospital to evaluate the safety and preliminary efficacy of its HuCNS-SC product candidate as a treatment for infantile and late infantile NCL.
The companys preclinical data demonstrate that HuCNS-SC cells, when transplanted in a mouse model of infantile NCL, engraft, migrate throughout the brain, produce the missing PPT1 enzyme, reduce the toxic storage material in the brain, protect host neurons so that more of them survive, and delay the loss of motor function compared to a control group of non-transplanted mice.
Other Lysosomal Storage Diseases (LSD): All LSDs are caused by a defective or missing gene which codes for an enzyme that processes cellular waste substances. Some LSDs can be treated by enzyme replacement therapies, and examples of enzyme replacement products already approved are Cerezyme for Gaucher disease, Fabryzyme for Fabry disease, Myozyme for Pompe disease, Aldurazyme for MPS I, and Naglazyme for MPS VI.
Pelizaeus-Merzbacher Disease (PMD): Pelizaeus-Merzbacher Disease, a rare, degenerative, central nervous system disorder, is a genetic disorder known as leukodystrophies. Leukodystrophies involve abnormal growth of the myelin sheath which is the fatty substance that surrounds nerve fibers in the brain and spinal cord. In 2009, the company initiated a Phase I clinical trial of its HuCNS-SC product candidate for PMD.
Other Myelin Disorders: The company in collaboration with researchers at Oregon Health & Science University, attempting to detect human myelin production by HuCNS-SC cells in the shiverer mouse model using magnetic resonance imaging.
Spinal Cord Injury: Stem cells may have the potential to treat various spinal cord indications. The company is continuing preclinical development on its HuCNS-SC product candidate for various spinal cord indications.
Retinal Disorders: The company has a research collaboration with Oregon Health & Science University Casey Eye Institute to evaluate engraftment and applicability of its HuCNS-SC cells in retinal disorders. It is continuing preclinical studies of its HuCNS-SC cells as a potential treatment for retinal disorders.
Other Neural Collaborations: The company has a research collaborations to assess both the in vitro potential of the HuCNS-SC cells and the effects of transplanting HuCNS-SC cells into preclinical animal models, including a collaboration with researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine to evaluate its human neural stem cells in animal models of stroke.
The company has identified and isolated a cell population that is known as call human liver engrafting cells (hLEC), which can be derived from all types of human livers, including those that would not be suitable for liver transplantation.
Specialty Cell Culture Products
The companys range of cell culture products, which are sold under the SC Proven brand, includes iSTEM, GS1-R, GS2-M, RHB-A, RHB-Basal, NDiff N2B27, HEScGRO, and ESGROComplete proprietary media.
Licenses with Commercial Entities
NeuroSpheres, Ltd.: The company has a license agreement with NeuroSpheres, Ltd. The company obtained a patent license from NeuroSpheres in the field of transplantation. It has an additional license agreement with NeuroSpheres, under which it obtained a license in the field of non-transplant uses, such as drug discovery and drug testing and clarified rights under NeuroSpheres patents for generating cells of the blood and immune system from neural stem cells.
ReNeuron Limited: The company has an agreement with ReNeuron Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of ReNeuron Group plc, (collectively referred to as ReNeuron). As part of the agreement, it granted ReNeuron a license that allows ReNeuron to exploit their c-mycER conditionally immortalized adult human neural stem cell technology for therapy and other purposes.
Stem Cell Therapeutics Corp.: The company has an agreement with Stem Cell Therapeutics Corp. (SCT), a Canadian corporation listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, granting it a license to use its patents for treating specified diseases of the central nervous system.
StemCells, Inc. was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STEMCELLS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STEMCELLS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STEMCELLS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STEMCELLS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STEMCELLS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. StemCells Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of StemCells Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of StemCells Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. StemCells Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. StemCells Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. STEMCELLS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STEMCELLS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STEMCELLS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STEMCELLS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STEMCELLS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STEMCELLS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
StemCells Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
StemCells Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
StemCells Inc. Major Shareholders
StemCells Inc. History
StemCells Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
StemCells Inc. Offices and Representations
StemCells Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
StemCells Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
StemCells Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
StemCells Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
StemCells Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
StemCells Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
StemCells Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
StemCells Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
StemCells Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
StemCells Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
StemCells Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
StemCells Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?