- The report contains detailed information about Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. business.
About Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc., a pharmaceutical company, engages in the development and marketing of polysaccharide-based therapeutic products used in the treatment of osteoarthritis and cystitis.
Products and Markets
The company has developed and markets the following three medical products: NeoVisc, NeoVisc Single Dose, and Uracyst.
NeoVisc and NeoVisc Single Dose
NeoVisc is a three injection series and NeoVisc Single Dose is a single injection of high molecular weight, sodium hyaluronate therapy. NeoVisc is a 2 ml pre-filled syringe of sterile 1.0% sodium hyaluronate solution used for the temporary replacement of synovial fluid in osteoarthritic joints. NeoVisc Single Dose is a 6 ml pre-filled syringe of sterile 1.0% sodium hyaluronate solution delivered as a single intra-articular injection and is sold as a single dose therapy.
The company has entered into license and supply agreements with Torrex Chiesi Pharma GmbH (Torrex Chiesi) to grant the rights and license to use the methods and technical know-how for the purposes of developing, marketing, and selling NeoVisc in eastern Europe. The territory covers various countries, including Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Poland, Hungary, Russia, and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). The company entered into a licensing agreement with Bio-technic Romania SRL for NeoVisc in Romania. It has entered into a distribution agreement with Technimed for the sale of NeoVisc in Lebanon. The company signed a NeoVisc license agreement with Triptibumis Sdn. Bhd. (Triptibumis) for the sale of NeoVisc in Malaysia, Singapore, and Brunei. It has entered into a distribution agreement with BurnsAdler Pharmaceuticals (located in Charlotte, North Carolina), to distribute NeoVisc in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The company has developed Uracyst, a sterile 2.0% sodium chondroitin sulfate solution available in a 20 ml vial. Uracyst is used in the treatment of certain forms of IC and non-common cystitis. This product is instilled by catheter directly into a patients bladder. Uracyst provides symptomatic relief for patients suffering from glycosaminoglycan (GAG) deficient cystitis, such as IC and non-common cystitis (including radiation-induced cystitis and hemorrhagic cystitis) by supplementing and replenishing deficiencies in the GAG lining of the bladder wall.
The company has entered into a licensing agreement with Shanghai Ya Jun Medical for the sale of Uracyst in China. It also entered into a licensing agreement with Megapharm Ltd for the sale of Uracyst in Israel. The company signed a license and supply agreement with Watson Pharma, Inc. (Watson), who was granted a license to use certain of its methods and technical know-how for the purposes of developing, marketing, and selling Uracyst products in the United States. The company signed four licensing agreements in Europe to improve penetration into this market. EIP Eczacibasi Ilac Pazarlama signed an Uracyst licensing agreement for Turkey and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. The company has signed Uracyst license agreements with; Galen Limited, for the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, with VitaFlo Scandinavia AB, for Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden and with EuroCept B. V. for the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg. In 2009, the company signed a new Uracyst license agreement with Sigmar Italia S.p.a. for the Italian market and in October 2009 with Jeil Medix Pharmaceutical Co. for the Korean market, continuing to expand its penetration into global markets.
The company has licensed BladderChek for the Canadian market from Inverness Medical Innovations North America, Inc. The BladderChek test is a point-of-care, in vitro diagnostic test for bladder cancer, and provides results (within 30 minutes) while the patient is in the physician's office.
Sales and Distribution
The company offers its products to medical physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, and patient support groups.
The company's suppliers include Fidia Farmaceutici S.p.A. and Uracyst from Bioiberica S.A.
The company's competitors include Genzyme; Fidia, SpA; Sanofi-Synthelabo Inc.; Smith and Nephew; Anika Therapeutics, Inc.; Johnson & Johnson; Ferring Pharmaceuticals; Alveda Pharma; Garvinci; and Rivex Pharma.
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. was founded in 1978.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STELLAR PHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STELLAR PHARMACEUTICALS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STELLAR PHARMACEUTICALS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STELLAR PHARMACEUTICALS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STELLAR PHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. STELLAR PHARMACEUTICALS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STELLAR PHARMACEUTICALS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STELLAR PHARMACEUTICALS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STELLAR PHARMACEUTICALS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STELLAR PHARMACEUTICALS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STELLAR PHARMACEUTICALS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. Major Shareholders
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. History
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. Offices and Representations
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?