- The report contains detailed information about SkyePharma plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SkyePharma plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SkyePharma plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SkyePharma plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SkyePharma plc business.
About SkyePharma plc
SkyePharma PLC engages in the research, development, manufacture, and sale of prescription pharmaceutical products. The company has a portfolio of 12 approved products.
Flutiform: Flutiform is a fixed-dose combination of fluticasone, an inhaled corticosteroid (ICS), and formoterol, a longacting beta agonist (LABA) in a Metered Dose Inhaler (MDI). Flutiform is licensed to Abbott in the United States, to Mundipharma in the rest of the world (apart from Japan and the Americas) and to Kyorin for Japan.
Pulmicort HFA-MDI: This new HFA-MDI containing AstraZenecas inhaled corticosteroid Pulmicort (budesonide), which was developed for territories outside the United States.
Oral and Topical Products
Paxil CR: Paxil CR is a formulation of the antidepressant Paxil and was developed by SkyePharma with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) using SkyePharmas Geomatrix technology. In May 2008, Mylan Pharmaceuticals (Mylan) announced that it had launched a generic version of Paxil CR.
Xatral OD: Xatral OD (Uroxatral in the United States) is a once-daily version of sanofi-aventis Xatral (alfuzosin hydrochloride), a treatment for the signs and symptoms of benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH).
Solaraze: Solaraze (diclofenac), a topical gel treatment for actinic keratosis, is marketed in the United States by Nycomed.
Triglide: Triglide (fenofibrate), an oral treatment for elevated blood lipid disorders, is marketed in the United States by Sciele Pharma Inc. (Sciele), a Shionogi Company, and is being sold by Sciele alongside Fenoglide, a fenofibrate product in-licensed from LifeCycle.
Requip Once-a-day: Requip Once-a-day is a once daily formulation for Parkinsons disease which was developed in collaboration with GSK. The new extended release Requip uses SkyePharmas patented Geomatrix technology and is designed to provide smoother blood levels of ropinirole without the peaks and troughs that multiple daily doses invariably deliver.
ZYFLO CR (zileuton) Extended-Release Tablets: The company developed an extended release formulation of the oral asthma drug zileuton for Cornerstone Therapeutics, Inc (formerly Critical Therapeutics Inc.). ZYFLO CR extended-release tablets, taken twice daily, utilize the company's Geomatrix technology. ZYFLO CR and ZYFLO (zileuton tablets) are the only FDAapproved leukotriene synthesis inhibitors. Cornerstone Therapeutics launched ZYFLO CR in the United States together with its co-promotion partner, Dey, L.P.
Sular: In July 2008, the FDA approved a generic version of the old formulation of Sular for the 20mg, 30mg and 40mg doses. In March 2009 a further certification was filed for the 8.5mg and 17mg strengths of the new formulation.
Lodotra: Lodotra, developed together with Nitec Pharma AG (Nitec), is a delayed release night-time release formulation of low dose prednisone, a glucocorticoid used in the treatment of inflammatory conditions, including rheumatoid arthritis, where it is used as a core treatment.
SKP-1041: In December 2008 SkyePharma and its partner, Somnus, completed Phase I trial of the controlled release sleep maintenance drug SKP-1041. The product is a new formulation of zaleplon, a non-benzodiazepine hypnotic agent, which utilises SkyePharmas proprietary Geo clock technology for delayed release. The formulation is designed to treat people who have difficulty maintaining sleep but not with sleep onset, and is intended to prevent middleof- the-night awakening, while avoiding daytime drowsiness.
SkyePharma PLC was founded in 1910.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SKYEPHARMA PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SKYEPHARMA PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SKYEPHARMA PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SKYEPHARMA PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SKYEPHARMA PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SkyePharma plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SkyePharma plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SkyePharma plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SkyePharma plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SkyePharma plc Industry Position Analysis
6. SKYEPHARMA PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SKYEPHARMA PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SKYEPHARMA PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SKYEPHARMA PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SKYEPHARMA PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SKYEPHARMA PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SkyePharma plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SkyePharma plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SkyePharma plc Major Shareholders
SkyePharma plc History
SkyePharma plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SkyePharma plc Offices and Representations
SkyePharma plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SkyePharma plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SkyePharma plc Capital Market Snapshot
SkyePharma plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
SkyePharma plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SkyePharma plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SkyePharma plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SkyePharma plc 1-year Stock Charts
SkyePharma plc 5-year Stock Charts
SkyePharma plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SkyePharma plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SkyePharma plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?