- The report contains detailed information about SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. business.
About SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc.
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. provides products and services to facilitate the discovery, development, and production of human and animal diagnostics and therapeutics. The companys portfolio includes diagnostic controls, plasma-derived reagents and molecular biomarkers, biobanking, and contract research services.
The companys business is divided into two segments: Diagnostic & Biopharmaceutical Products and BioServices.
SeraCares Diagnostic & Biopharmaceutical Products segment includes two types of products: controls and panels, which include the manufacture of products used for the evaluation and quality control of infectious disease testing in hospital and clinical testing labs and blood banks, and by in vitro diagnostic (IVD) manufacturers; and reagents and bioprocessing products, which include the manufacture and supply of biological materials used in the research, development, and manufacturing of human and animal diagnostics, therapeutics, and vaccines.
The BioServices segment includes biobanking, sample processing, and testing services for research and clinical trials, and contract research services in molecular biology, virology, immunology, and biochemistry.
Diagnostic & Biopharmaceutical Products
The company develops, manufactures, and sells biological products essential for the development, manufacture, and use of diagnostic tests and the discovery, development, and production of pharmaceuticals and other commercial products. The companys products business has two primary product groups: controls and panels for clinical laboratories, blood banks and IVD manufacturers; and reagents and bioprocessing products for use in the discovery, development, and manufacturing processes for drugs, vaccines, and diagnostic tests.
Controls and Panels
The companys diagnostic control and panel products are sold to hospital laboratories, independent clinical laboratories, public health laboratories, blood banks, IVD manufacturers, and government regulatory and research agencies. The companys control and panel products make it possible for clinical labs testing for infectious diseases to evaluate tests and to independently monitor the quality and precision of test results. For blood banks and transplant centers, use of quality control products helps to ensure blood and organ safety. The companys control and panel products are also used for employee training and competency assessment programs.
Controls (also called quality controls) are samples designed to be similar to patient samples and are provided to laboratories so that a known sample can be tested when a diagnostic test is run.
Panels are also designed to be similar to patient samples. Panels include a data sheet and a set of samples that are related in some way. IVD manufacturers, regulatory agencies and researchers use its panels to develop and evaluate new tests and look for new markers of disease.
The company offers approximately 100 control and panel products for infectious diseases, including HIV, hepatitis A, HBV, HCV, West Nile Virus, Chagas and HPV, that are used around the world. Most of its control products are sold under the ACCURUN brand name and its panel products are called seroconversion and performance panels.
Reagents and Bioprocessing Products
The companys reagents and bioprocessing products are used by diagnostic, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and research organizations in industry and academia. SeraCares products are integral components of product development from research through validated production processes filed with regulatory agencies in the U.S. and around the world. Products in this segment include diagnostic intermediates; cell culture additives and media; therapeutic grade albumin; and purified viable human cells.
SeraCares diagnostic intermediates are plasma-derived products used by manufacturers of diagnostic test kits in every stage of product life cycle, including research and development, pilot production, clinical trials, regulatory submission, full production, and commercialization. These products include bovine serum albumin, human disease state plasma, normal hu
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SERACARE LIFE SCIENCES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SERACARE LIFE SCIENCES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SERACARE LIFE SCIENCES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SERACARE LIFE SCIENCES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SERACARE LIFE SCIENCES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SERACARE LIFE SCIENCES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SERACARE LIFE SCIENCES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SERACARE LIFE SCIENCES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SERACARE LIFE SCIENCES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SERACARE LIFE SCIENCES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SERACARE LIFE SCIENCES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. Major Shareholders
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. History
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. Offices and Representations
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?