- The report contains detailed information about Select Therapeutics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Select Therapeutics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Select Therapeutics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Select Therapeutics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Select Therapeutics Inc. business.
About Select Therapeutics Inc.
Select Therapeutics Inc (the company) is a development stage biopharmaceutical company incorporated in Delaware in 1997. The Company and Cytomatrix, LLC (Cytomatrix), a California limited liability company in the development stage, formed a joint venture named Cell Science Therapeutics, Inc (CST or the Joint Venture), a Delaware corporation of which the company and Cytomatrix each own 50% of the outstanding common stock.
The Company is in the discovery and development of therapeutic systems based on proprietary tissue engineering, cell-growth and cell-targeting technologies. The company is initially focused on two major areas of medical application: hematopoietic (blood) and immunology (dendritic cells and T-cells) cell therapy. The Companys goal is to introduce novel classes of biopharmaceuticals that treat and/or cure certain cancers, immune system deficiencies and infectious diseases.
The growth of cells ex vivo (outside the body) is a common and integral requirement for the majority of the companys programs, which rely upon a proprietary technology, a patented three-dimensional biomatrix product called Cytomatrix, the use of which has been exclusively licensed to CST for all cell growth applications, excluding orthopedic, dental, and maxillofacial applications.
The Company is engaged in three therapeutics programs each designed and selected because they leverage the characteristics of its proprietary ex vivo Cytomatrix cell biomatrix These programs consist of the following (collectively, the Cytomatrix Programs): the expansion of adult Hematopoietic Stem Cells (HSC) for use in autologous bone marrow transplants for cancer patients; the expansion of hematopoietic stem cells derived from umbilical cord blood for use in allogeneic stem cell transplants initially for pediatric patients and ultimately, as an alternative source of stem cells for adult patients; and regenerative immunotherapy, a T cell program whose goal is to reconstitute the immune system with newly generated, diverse, and potent T cell populations, thereby enhancing a patient's ability to recognize and fight an array of diseases.
In addition, the Company has core therapeutics programs based on proprietary technologies involving verotoxin (VT), a bacterial protein: a CD77 receptor-specific cytotoxic therapeutic exploring the ability of VT's toxic subunit to selectively destroy certain types of tumor cells and a novel antigen delivery system for adoptive immunotherapy and therapeutic vaccines that utilizes the apparent binding ability of VT's non- toxic subunit to act as the targeting mechanism to enhance the immunogenicity of dendritic cells against certain cancers and infectious diseases.
The Companys portfolio of core therapeutic candidates and technologies is in the preclinical stage, although in July 2001 the company began an IND that is intended to enroll-an expected total of 20 patients undergoing bone marrow transplantation at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, Massachusetts) in a Phase I/II dose escalation trial involving the use of its HSC expansion technology as an adjunct treatment for certain hematological malignancies.
The company is manufacturing and plan to market to academic and commercial researchers, a line of Cytomatrix-based cell growth bioreactors. The purpose of the Joint Venture is to develop and commercialize therapeutic products based on the proprietary technologies of Select and Cytomatrix in cell culture, tissue engineering and immunotherapy.
Core Therapeutic Technologies
The following two sections describe the technology basis for the companys initial therapeutic product development programs.
Autologous Stem Cell Expansion with TranStem
Cytomatrix biomatrix is the foundation for the companys TranStem technology for the ex vivo growth, manipulation and storage of adult hematopoietic stem cells which live in the bone marrow (HSCs) for transplantation back into the patient.
Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cell Expansion with TranStem
The company has the right to US and world patents for its core matrix, the Cytomatrix, from Tantalum Cellular P
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SELECT THERAPEUTICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SELECT THERAPEUTICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SELECT THERAPEUTICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SELECT THERAPEUTICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SELECT THERAPEUTICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Select Therapeutics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Select Therapeutics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Select Therapeutics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Select Therapeutics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Select Therapeutics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SELECT THERAPEUTICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SELECT THERAPEUTICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SELECT THERAPEUTICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SELECT THERAPEUTICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SELECT THERAPEUTICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SELECT THERAPEUTICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Select Therapeutics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Select Therapeutics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Select Therapeutics Inc. Major Shareholders
Select Therapeutics Inc. History
Select Therapeutics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Select Therapeutics Inc. Offices and Representations
Select Therapeutics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Select Therapeutics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Select Therapeutics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Select Therapeutics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Select Therapeutics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Select Therapeutics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Select Therapeutics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Select Therapeutics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Select Therapeutics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Select Therapeutics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Select Therapeutics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Select Therapeutics Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?