- The report contains detailed information about Sanofi-Aventis that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sanofi-Aventis. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sanofi-Aventis financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sanofi-Aventis competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sanofi-Aventis business.
Sanofi-Aventis, a global pharmaceutical company, engages in the research, development, manufacture, and marketing of healthcare products.
The companys business includes two main activities: Pharmaceuticals and Human vaccines through sanofi pasteur. It is also present in animal health products through Merial Limited (Merial).
In the pharmaceutical activities, the company specializes in the following therapeutic areas:
Diabetes: The companys products include Lantus, an analog of human insulin which is the main brand in the insulin market, Apidra, a rapid-acting analog of human insulin and Amaryl, an oral once-daily sulfonylurea;
Oncology: The companys products in the oncology market are Taxotere, a taxane derivative representing a cornerstone therapy in several cancer types, and Eloxatine, a platinum agent, which is a treatment of colorectal cancer;
Thrombosis and Cardiovascular: The companys thrombosis medicines include two drugs in their categories: Plavix, an anti-platelet agent indicated for atherothrombotic conditions, and Lovenox, a low molecular weight heparin indicated for prophylaxis, and treatment of deep vein thrombosis and for unstable angina and myocardial infarction. The companys cardiovascular medicines include Multaq, a new anti-arrhythmic agent launched in the United States and other markets in 2009 and indicated for patients with atrial fibrillation, and two major hypertension treatments: Aprovel/ CoAprovel and Tritace;
Other therapeutic areas
Central Nervous System (CNS): The companys major CNS medicines include Stilnox/Ambien CR, a sleep disorder prescription medication; Copaxone, an immunomodulating agent indicated in multiple sclerosis; and Depakine, an epilepsy treatment; and
Internal Medicine: In internal medicine, the company operates in various fields. In respiratory/allergy, the companys products include Allegra, a non-sedating prescription anti-histamine, and Nasacort, a local corticosteroid indicated in allergic rhinitis. In urology, the company offers Xatral, a treatment for benign prostatic hypertrophy. In osteoporosis, it offers Actonel.
The portfolio of Sanofi-Aventis also comprises a range of other pharmaceutical products in Consumer Health Care (CHC) and other prescription drugs including generics.
The company offers pediatric combination vaccines providing protection against diseases, such as pertussis, diphtheria, tetanus, and Haemophilus influenzae type b infections. The companys main products are Daptacel, Tripedia, Act-HIB, Pentacel, Pediacel, and Pentaxim/Pentavac. The company also produces injectable poliomyelitis (polio) vaccines, such as Ipol and Imovax Polio, as well as oral polio formulations, all of which contribute to polio eradication and disease control strategies in both developed and developing countries;
Influenza vaccines such as Fluzone and Vaxigrip, used for seasonal campaigns in both hemispheres, as well as Intanza/IDflu (the intradermal influenza vaccine, approved in Europe in February 2009), and Fluzone High Dose IM, approved in the U.S. in December 2009.
Additionally, the company manufactured and distributed: an A(H1N1) pandemic influenza vaccine in the United States; Panenza, another A(H1N1) pandemic influenza vaccine approved in several countries outside the United States, including in Europe; and pre-pandemic influenza vaccines (including H5N1 vaccines), as part of the global pandemic efforts in both French and U.S. facilities;
Adult and adolescent booster vaccines protecting against pertussis, tetanus, diphtheria and polio. The companys main products include Adacel (the trivalent booster against pertussis, tetanus and diphtheria for adolescents and adults, launched in the U.S. in 2005), Adacel Polio, Decavac, Repevax and Revaxis;
Meningitis vaccines, with Menactra, a quadrivalent conjugate vaccine launched in the U.S. in 2005 and in Canada in 2006, Menomune, a quadrivalent polysaccharide vaccine, and a bivalent meningococcal A and C vaccine; and
Travel and Endemic vaccines, which include a range of products against hepatitis A, typhoid, rabies, yellow fever,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SANOFI-AVENTIS COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SANOFI-AVENTIS BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SANOFI-AVENTIS SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SANOFI-AVENTIS FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SANOFI-AVENTIS COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sanofi-Aventis Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sanofi-Aventis and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sanofi-Aventis and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sanofi-Aventis Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sanofi-Aventis Industry Position Analysis
6. SANOFI-AVENTIS NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SANOFI-AVENTIS EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SANOFI-AVENTIS ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FRANCE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SANOFI-AVENTIS IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SANOFI-AVENTIS PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SANOFI-AVENTIS VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sanofi-Aventis Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sanofi-Aventis Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sanofi-Aventis Major Shareholders
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sanofi-Aventis Offices and Representations
Sanofi-Aventis SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sanofi-Aventis Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sanofi-Aventis Capital Market Snapshot
Sanofi-Aventis Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Sanofi-Aventis Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sanofi-Aventis Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sanofi-Aventis Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sanofi-Aventis 1-year Stock Charts
Sanofi-Aventis 5-year Stock Charts
Sanofi-Aventis vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sanofi-Aventis vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sanofi-Aventis Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?