- The report contains detailed information about Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. business.
About Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd., a specialty pharmaceutical company, engages in acquiring, developing, and commercializing prescription drugs used in the treatment of various gastrointestinal diseases, which are those affecting the digestive tract.
Xifaxan (rifaximin) tablets
Xifaxan is a gastrointestinal-specific oral antibiotic that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved for the treatment of patients 12 years of age and older with travelers diarrhea caused by noninvasive strains of E coli.
MoviPrep (PEG 3350, sodium sulfate, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, sodium ascorbate and ascorbic acid) oral solution
The company has rights to sell MoviPrep in the United States from Norgine B.V. MoviPrep is a patent-protected, liquid polyethylene glycol-salt , or PEG, bowel cleansing product. MoviPrep is indicated for bowel cleansing prior to colonoscopy, intestinal surgery and barium enema X-ray examinations.
OsmoPrep and Visicol (sodium phosphate monobasic monohydrate, USP, sodium phosphate dibasic anhydrous, USP) tablets
The companys Visicol and OsmoPrep tablets are indicated for cleansing of the colon as a preparation for colonoscopy in adults 18 years of age or older. OsmoPrep is a patented, second-generation tablet bowel cleansing product approved by the FDA in 2006.
Apriso (mesalamine) extended-release capsules 0.375g
The company owns the development rights in the United States to a granulated mesalamine product. In 2008, the FDA granted marketing approval for Apriso for the maintenance of remission of ulcerative colitis in adults. Apriso is a locally-acting aminosalicylate and is the first and only mesalamine product approved by the FDA for once-a-day dosing for the maintenance of remission of ulcerative colitis. Apriso is designed to provide for the distribution of the active ingredient beginning in the small bowel and continuing throughout the colon.
Metozolv ODT (metoclopramide HCl) 5mg and 10mg orally disintegrating tablets
The company has worldwide rights to metoclopramide-Zydis. METOZOLV ODT is a fast-dissolve formulation of metoclopramide.
Azasan (azathioprine) tablets
The company has right to sell 25, 75 and 100 milligram dosage strengths of azathioprine tablets in North America under the brand name Azasan. Azasan is an FDA-approved drug that suppresses immune system responses and is indicated for preventing rejection of kidney transplants and treatment of severe arthritis.
Anusol-HC and Proctocort (hydrocortisone) creams and suppositories
The company has right to sell Anusol-HC 2.5% (hydrocortisone USP) cream, Anusol-HC 25 mg (hydrocortisone acetate) rectal suppositories, Proctocort 1% (hydrocortisone USP) cream and Proctocort 30 mg (hydrocortisone acetate) rectal suppositories from King Pharmaceuticals, Inc. The two cream products are topical corticosteroids indicated for relief of the inflammatory and pruritic, or itching, manifestations of corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses. The two suppository products are indicated for use in inflamed hemorrhoids and postirradiation proctitis, as well as an adjunct in the treatment of chronic ulcerative colitis and other inflammatory conditions.
Pepcid (famotidine) for Oral Suspension and Oral Suspension Diuril (Chlorothiazide)
The company has the U.S. prescription pharmaceutical product rights to Pepcid Oral Suspension and Diuril Oral Suspension. Pepcid Oral Suspension is a prescription pharmaceutical product indicated for gastrointestinal indications, including the treatment of duodenal ulcer, benign gastric ulcer and gastro-esophageal reflux disease.
Colazal (balsalazide disodium) capsules
Colazal is approved by the FDA for the treatment of mildly to moderately active ulcerative colitis. The FDA approved Colazal for use in pediatric patients between 5 to 17 years of age with ulcerative colitis.
Xifaxan (rifaximin) tablets
The company completed two Phase III trials to evaluate Xifaxan in the prevention of travelers diarrhea.
In 2008, the company acquired rights to crofelemer from Napo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. It is investigating crofelemer as an anti-se
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SALIX PHARMACEUTICALS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SALIX PHARMACEUTICALS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SALIX PHARMACEUTICALS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SALIX PHARMACEUTICALS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SALIX PHARMACEUTICALS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SALIX PHARMACEUTICALS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SALIX PHARMACEUTICALS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SALIX PHARMACEUTICALS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SALIX PHARMACEUTICALS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SALIX PHARMACEUTICALS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SALIX PHARMACEUTICALS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Major Shareholders
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. History
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Offices and Representations
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?