- The report contains detailed information about RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation business.
About RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation operates as a biopharmaceutical company. The companys proprietary therapeutic platform is comprised of two main components: Novel RNAi Compounds and Advanced Delivery Technologies.
Novel RNAi Compounds, referred to as rxRNA compounds that are distinct from, classic siRNA (conventionally-designed small interfering RNA compounds). The company has developed unique forms of rxRNA compounds. These RNAi compounds include rxRNAori, rxRNAsolo and sd-rxRNA, or self delivering RNA.
Advanced Delivery Technologies that enable the delivery of rxRNA compounds to treat a variety of acute and chronic diseases using both local and systemic approaches. The companys suite of delivery technologies is comprised of delivery vehicles, which can be combined with various rxRNA compounds, as well as sd-rxRNA compounds, which are chemically modified and have the property of entering cells and tissues to effect silencing without the need for any additional delivery vehicle.
RXis RNAi Therapeutic Platform
RNAi Compound Design
RNAi compounds are made from a strand or strands of RNA that are manufactured by a nucleic acid synthesizer. The synthesizer is programmed to assemble a strand of RNA of a particular sequence using the four kinds of nucleotide units (Adenine (A), Uracil (U), Cytidine (C) and Guanosine (G)) that match a small segment of the targeted gene. The compounds can be of various lengths of nucleotide units (nt).
The company has agreement with University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS). In 2007, the company entered into certain licenses with UMMS pursuant to which UMMS granted to the company rights under certain UMMS patent applications to make, use and sell products related to applications of RNAi technologies in particular fields, including HCMV and retinitis, ALS, diabetes and obesity. Under these licenses, UMMS granted to the company worldwide licenses, with the right to sub-license, to three different patent families and a non-exclusive, worldwide license to a fourth patent family.
The company and Miragen Therapeutics, Inc. have entered into a research collaboration. Under this agreement, the parties would evaluate the potential utility of RXi's proprietary rxRNA technology against specific miRNA targets of interest to miRagen in the cardiac and neuromuscular disease areas.
On June 03, 2010, Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV and RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation announced that they have entered into a joint research agreement to explore the benefits of combining proprietary technologies from both companies for the targeted delivery of experimental therapeutics based on RNA interference (RNAi).
On June 04, 2010, Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV and RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation have entered into a joint research agreement to explore the benefits of combining proprietary technologies from both companies for the targeted delivery of experimental therapeutics based on RNA interference (RNAi).
The companys competitors include Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, MDRNA, Cequent Pharmaceuticals, Tacere Therapeutics, Benitec, OPKO Health, Silence Therapeutics, Quark Pharmaceuticals, Rosetta Genomics, Lorus Therapeutics, Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Calando Pharmaceuticals, Regulus Therapeutics, and Santaris Pharmaceuticals.
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation was founded in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RXI PHARMACEUTICALS CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RXI PHARMACEUTICALS CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RXI PHARMACEUTICALS CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RXI PHARMACEUTICALS CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RXI PHARMACEUTICALS CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. RXI PHARMACEUTICALS CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RXI PHARMACEUTICALS CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RXI PHARMACEUTICALS CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RXI PHARMACEUTICALS CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RXI PHARMACEUTICALS CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RXI PHARMACEUTICALS CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation Major Shareholders
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation History
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation Offices and Representations
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?