- The report contains detailed information about Repligen Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Repligen Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Repligen Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Repligen Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Repligen Corporation business.
About Repligen Corporation
Repligen Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of therapies that harness biological pathways and deliver value to patients and clinicians in neurology, gastroenterology, and orphan diseases.
The company is conducting various drug development programs for diseases, such as pancreatitis, bipolar disorder, Friedreichs ataxia, and spinal muscular atrophy. It also has a bioprocessing business that focuses on the development and commercialization of products that are used for the production of biopharmaceuticals.
The company sells a line of commercial bioprocessing products based on Protein A, as well as single or limited campaign use pre-packed chromatography columns, which are used in the production of monoclonal antibodies and other biopharmaceutical manufacturing applications.
Protein A Products for Antibody Manufacturing: Protein A is used in the purification of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies. The company manufactures and markets various products based on recombinant forms of Protein A. Its primary customers incorporate its Protein A products into their proprietary monoclonal antibody purification products that they sell directly to the biopharmaceutical industry. The company primarily supplies Protein A products to GE Healthcare (GEHC).
Intellectual Property on Monoclonal Antibody and Antibody Fusion Products
Orencia (CTLA4-Ig) Royalties: CTLA4 is a key regulator of the activity of the immune system. CTLA4 turns off the immune system after it has cleared a bacterial or viral infection by blocking the activation of T-cells, the immune cells responsible for initiating an immune response. The company receives royalties from Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (Bristol) on their net sales in the United States of the product, Orencia.
Erbitux: Erbitux is a monoclonal antibody developed by ImClone Systems Incorporated (ImClone) which is approved for the treatment of certain forms of colon cancer and head and neck cancer. Erbitux is manufactured with a cell line which contains certain genetic technologies (DNA enhancers) which increase the productivity of a cell line.
Development Stage Products
Secretin for MRI Imaging of the Pancreas: The company is evaluating the sensitivity and specificity of secretin in combination with MRI to improve the detection of structural abnormalities of the pancreas relative to MRI alone. In December 2009, it has completed a Phase 3 clinical trial, which was a multi-center, baseline controlled, single dose study in which 258 patients with a history of pancreatitis at 23 clinical sites within the United States and Canada received an MRI of the pancreas with and without RG1068. The company has received an orphan drug designation covering the use of RG1068 in MRI.
Uridine for Bipolar Depression: Uridine is a biological compound essential for multiple biosynthetic processes, including the synthesis of DNA and RNA, the basic hereditary material found in all cells and various other factors essential for cell metabolism. The company is conducting a Phase 2b proof-of-concept clinical trial for RG2417 as a potential treatment for the depressive symptoms associated with bipolar disorder.
Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors for Friedreichs Ataxia: The company has entered into a commercial license with The Scripps Research Institute (Scripps) for intellectual property covering compounds which may have utility in treating Friedreichs ataxia. Its preclinical studies with various chemically synthesized libraries of compounds have identified selective histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitors. The company is developing RG2833, a selective histone deacetylase 3 (HDAC-3) inhibitor for the treatment of Friedreichs ataxia. It has received an orphan drug designation for RG2833.
DcpS Inhibitors for Spinal Muscular Atrophy: The company is pursuing development of a drug that targets the scavenger mRNA decapping enzyme, DcpS, for treatment of patients with spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). It has entered into a worldwide commercial license agreement with Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy (FSMA). Pursuant to the FSMA License Agreement, the company obtained a license to develop and commercialize certain patented technology and improvements thereon, owned or licensed by FSMA, relating to compounds which may have utility in treating SMA.
The company's customers for its bioprocessing products include chromatography companies, diagnostics companies, biopharmaceutical companies, and laboratory researchers.
The company discontinued distribution of SecreFlo in 2009 due to the expiration of its agreement with ChiRhoClin, Inc.
Repligen Corporation was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. REPLIGEN CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. REPLIGEN CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. REPLIGEN CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. REPLIGEN CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. REPLIGEN CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Repligen Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Repligen Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Repligen Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Repligen Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Repligen Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. REPLIGEN CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. REPLIGEN CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. REPLIGEN CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. REPLIGEN CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. REPLIGEN CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. REPLIGEN CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Repligen Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Repligen Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Repligen Corporation Major Shareholders
Repligen Corporation History
Repligen Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Repligen Corporation Offices and Representations
Repligen Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Repligen Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Repligen Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Repligen Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Repligen Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Repligen Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Repligen Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Repligen Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Repligen Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Repligen Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Repligen Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Repligen Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?