- The report contains detailed information about QLT Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for QLT Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The QLT Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes QLT Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of QLT Inc. business.
About QLT Inc.
QLT Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development and commercialization of therapies for the eye.
The company has one commercial product, Visudyne, which utilizes photodynamic therapy (PDT) to treat the eye disease known as wet age related macular degeneration (wet AMD), the cause of blindness in people over the age of 55 in North America and Europe. Visudyne is also used for the treatment of subfoveal choroidal neovascularization (CNV) due to pathologic myopia, or severe near-sightedness, and presumed ocular histoplasmosis. The company has received from Novartis Pharma AG of Switzerland the U.S. rights to the Visudyne patents to sell and market Visudyne in the U.S. Visudyne is marketed and sold in approximately 80 countries worldwide.
PRODUCTS IN DEVELOPMENT
The company focuses its research and development efforts in the field of ophthalmology.
Punctal Plug Drug Delivery System for the treatment of glaucoma and allergic conjunctivitis: The companys majority of research and development effort is directed towards its proprietary punctal plug technology, which is a minimally invasive drug delivery system that it is developing with the target of delivering various drugs topically to the eye through controlled sustained release to the tear film. The company is initially targeting the treatment of glaucoma and ocular hypertension and is conducting Phase II drug delivery and device studies in the latanoprost punctal plug drug delivery program (L-PPDS). In February 2010, the company completed a Phase II, open-label, multicenter, two cohort study conducted to investigate the safety and preliminary efficacy of L-PPDS containing either 44 µg (first cohort) or 81 µg (second cohort) of latanoprost in subjects with open-angle glaucoma (OAG) or ocular hypertension (OH) over a six-week period.
Visudyne combined with Anti-VEGF drugs for the treatment of wet AMD: The company is also continuing to study the effectiveness of Visudyne in patients with wet AMD by exploring its use in combination with the class of therapeutics known as anti-VEGF drugs, which prevent the growth of abnormal blood vessels that characterize wet AMD. The company and Novartis have separately initiated studies examining the safety and efficacy of Visudyne in combination with Lucentis, an anti-VEGF drug. The purpose of the studies is to determine if combination therapy reduces re-treatment rates compared with Lucentis monotherapy while maintaining similar vision outcomes and an acceptable safety profile.
QLT091001 for the treatment of Leber Congenital Amaurosis: The company has completed a Phase Ia safety study in healthy adults of QLT091001, an orally administered synthetic retinoid replacement therapy for 11-cis-retinal, which is a key biochemical component of the visual retinoid cycle. The drug is being developed under a co-development agreement with Retinagenix LLC (Retinagenix) for the potential treatment of Leber Congenital Amaurosis (LCA), an inherited progressive retinal degenerative disease that leads to retinal dysfunction and visual impairment beginning at birth. Under the terms of the co-development agreement, the company is responsible for developing and commercializing the products for use in ocular and other human diseases. Retinagenix would participate in research in support of the co-development collaboration. In December 2009, the company initiated a Phase Ib trial in pediatric patients with LCA.
QLT091568 for the treatment of glaucoma and ocular hypertension: The company is conducting formulation and development work on QLT091568, a prodrug of a beta adrenergic antagonist (a novel beta blocker) under investigation for its potential ability to lower intra-ocular pressure in glaucoma and ocular hypertension patients. QLT091568 was acquired in December 2009 from Othera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Othera Holding, Inc. (Othera). The compound is being developed as an eye drop.
The company has supply agreements with Nippon Fine Chemical Co., Ltd., JHP Pharmaceuticals, LLC, Hollister-Stier Laboratories LLC, and Orgapharm S.A.S., a subsidiary of Axyntis Group, for manufacturing activities in the commercial production of Visudyne.
Product Sales, Marketing, and Distribution
The United States Distribution: The company's sales and marketing efforts are focused primarily on retinal specialists in private practice or at medical centers or hospitals in the U.S. Its subsidiary, QLT Ophthalmics, Inc. (QOI), provides reimbursement support, a patient assistance program and customer service programs related to Visudyne, including a product-specific website at www.visudyne.com, and other order, delivery, and fulfillment services. The company also provides on-going education and scientific-based information to physicians through Medical Science Liaisons, who are available on request of a physician, through its wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary, QLT Therapeutics, Inc.
Visudyne is sold in the U.S. by QOI to specialty wholesale distributors who then distribute the product directly to end-user customers. The companys specialty wholesale distributors for Visudyne in the U.S. are ASD Specialty Healthcare, Inc. doing business as Besse Medical (Besse) and Priority Healthcare Distribution, Inc. doing business as CuraScript SD Specialty Distribution (CuraScript).
Rest of World Distribution: Visudyne is marketed and sold outside the U.S. by Novartis.
In October 2009, the company divested the Eligard line of products as part of the sale of all of the shares of its U.S. subsidiary, QLT USA, Inc.
The company's competitors include Genentech, Inc.; Novartis; Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; and NeoVista Inc.
QLT Inc. was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. QLT INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QLT INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QLT INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QLT INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QLT INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. QLT Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of QLT Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of QLT Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. QLT Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. QLT Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. QLT INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QLT INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QLT INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QLT INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. QLT INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. QLT INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
QLT Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
QLT Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
QLT Inc. Major Shareholders
QLT Inc. History
QLT Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
QLT Inc. Offices and Representations
QLT Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
QLT Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
QLT Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
QLT Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
QLT Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
QLT Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
QLT Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
QLT Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
QLT Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
QLT Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
QLT Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
QLT Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?