- The report contains detailed information about Qiagen NV that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Qiagen NV. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Qiagen NV financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Qiagen NV competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Qiagen NV business.
About Qiagen NV
QIAGEN N.V., through its subsidiaries, provides technologies and products for preanalytical sample preparation and linked molecular assay solutions. The company also supplies diagnostic kits, tests, and assays for human and veterinary molecular diagnostics.
Sample Technologies: The companys sample technologies provide access to the content of biological samples. These include solutions for the collection, stabilization, purification, handling and storage of any analyte (deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), ribonucleic acid (RNA), and protein) from any sample (blood, bone, and tissue).
Assay Technologies: The companys assay technologies include reagents which enable the detection of such purified target analytes, such as the DNA sequence from a specific virus, from a purified sample. It also provided closed assays, in which such assay technologies have been pre-configured to test for specific targets, such as the influenza virus, hepatitis, HIV, HPV, or herpes.
The company has developed a portfolio of approximately 500 proprietary, consumable products, and automated solutions for sample collection, nucleic acid and protein handling, separation, and purification, as well as open and target specific assays. The main categories of its products include
The companys consumable products include its sample and assay technologies. Sample technologies are used to collect, stabilize, isolate and purify DNA, RNA, and proteins from biological samples, such as blood or tissue. The company offers its sample and assay consumable products in kit form. These kits contain reagents and buffers, and a technical handbook that includes a detailed protocol and background information.
Major applications for its consumable products are plasmid, DNA purification; RNA purification and stabilization; genomic and viral nucleic acid purification; nucleic acid transfection; polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification; reverse transcription; DNA cleanup after PCR and sequencing; DNA cloning and protein purification. In 2005, the company began offering validated PCR assays which allow PCR-based detection of viral, bacterial and parasite, human, and animal pathogens, as well as pharmacogenomic testing and genotyping. In 2007, the company acquired Digene Corporation and began offering the digene HC2 HPV Test, a signal amplified test for the Human Papillomavirus for use in cervical cancer screening programs.
The companys instrumentation systems automate the above mentioned consumables in low, medium or high throughput scale as well as reaction set-up, allowing customers to perform reliable low- to high-throughput nucleic acid sample preparation, assay setup and other laboratory tasks.
The companys automated systems offer walk-away automation of sample and assay technologies in low, medium, or high throughput scale, as well as reaction set-up and other laboratory tasks. In early 2007, the company launched the QIAcube, a sample processing platform incorporating technologies, which allow users in research in life sciences, applied testing, and molecular diagnostics to automate the processing of its consumable sample technology products.
Also in early 2008, the company released its QIAxcel, an automated system. This system can replace tedious and time-consuming methods of nucleic acid separation in low- to high-throughput laboratories and can be used for the detection of results following the use of assay technologies.
In 2008, the company acquired Corbett, which offers a rotary real-time PCR cycler system, the Roto-Gene Q, a system used to detect real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) reactions. Also in 2008, the company acquired the Biosystems Business of Biotage, which offers Pyrosequencing.
In January 2010, the company acquired ESE GmbH, a privately held developer and manufacturer of portable, battery operated, multiplex UV, and fluorescence optical measurement devices. These fluorescence detection systems are utilized for point of need testing in healthcare and applied testing markets enabling low-throughput molecular testing in practices, emergency rooms, remote f
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. QIAGEN NV COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QIAGEN NV BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QIAGEN NV SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QIAGEN NV FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QIAGEN NV COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Qiagen NV Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Qiagen NV and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Qiagen NV and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Qiagen NV Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Qiagen NV Industry Position Analysis
6. QIAGEN NV NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QIAGEN NV EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QIAGEN NV ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QIAGEN NV IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. QIAGEN NV PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. QIAGEN NV VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Qiagen NV Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Qiagen NV Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Qiagen NV Major Shareholders
Qiagen NV History
Qiagen NV Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Qiagen NV Offices and Representations
Qiagen NV SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Qiagen NV Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Qiagen NV Capital Market Snapshot
Qiagen NV Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Qiagen NV Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Qiagen NV Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Qiagen NV Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Qiagen NV 1-year Stock Charts
Qiagen NV 5-year Stock Charts
Qiagen NV vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Qiagen NV vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Qiagen NV Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?