- The report contains detailed information about Q-Med AB that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Q-Med AB. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Q-Med AB financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Q-Med AB competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Q-Med AB business.
About Q-Med AB
Q-Med AB opertaes as a biotechnology/medical device company. The company develops, produces, and markets non-animal hyaluronic acid based medical implants. All products are based on the companys patented technology for the production of NASHA Non-Animal Stabilized Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural sugar that is to be found in all the organs of the body. Its main functions are to bind water and thereby give the skin volume, as well as to lubricate joints and muscles. The hyaluronic acid in Q-Meds NASHA is non-animal and is produced biosynthetically.
Organizationally Q-Med is divided up into two business units: Esthetics, for esthetics products and Hospital Healthcare, which includes the Uro-Gynecology, Orthopedics and Cell Therapy and Encapsulation areas.
Q-Med develops, produces and markets implants for esthetic and medical use based on NASHA (Non-Animal Stabilized Hyaluronic Acid). Within Esthetics there is marketing of RESTYLANE, which is used for the treatment of wrinkles and folds in the face and to increase the volume of the lips, RESTYLANE Fine Lines for the filling out of finer, superficial lines and PERLANE for deeper facial folds, contouring of the faces forms and lip enhancement. DEFLUX is also marketed, a product which is used for the treatment of vesicoureteral reflux (VUR) in children, as is ZUIDEX, which is used to treat stress urinary incontinence in women, and DUROLANE for the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee joint. All products are CE-marked, that is approved for sales within the EEA area. DEFLUX has also been approved in the USA since September 2001. The Group consists of the Parent Company Q-Med AB (publ), the majority-owned research company Ixion Biotechnology, Inc. and a number of whollyowned subsidiaries which sell the companys products in their respective markets.
Research and development
Q-Med focuses its research and development on a range of applications of the NASHAtechnology, amongst other things a product for minor breast augmentations, MACROLANE, and other areas of use such as oxalate control.
The companys operations focus on the areas of Esthetics, Orthopedics, Uro-Gynecology, and Cell Therapy and Encapsulation. The Company has an affiliated subsidiary company Ixion Biotechnology. The Companys wholly owned, foreign sales companies are located in France, Germany, England, Italy, Spain, USA, Canada and Australia/New Zealand.
Q-Med has four different esthetic products. PERLANE is used for deep facial folds and lip enhancement. RESTYLANE is used for wrinkles and lip enhancement, RESTYLANE Fine Lines is used for thin, superficial lines and MACROLANE (under development) is intended to be used for breast augmentation. MACROLANE is injected between the pectoral muscle and the breast tissue.
Q-Meds products for facial esthetics are at present sold in 64 countries. In France, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, Spain and Australia (including New Zealand) Q-Med has wholly owned sales companies. In other markets Q-Med uses exclusive distributors.
Hospital Health Care Business Unit
During 2002, the Uro-Gynecology, Orthopedics and Cell Therapy and Encapsulation business units were combined to form the Hospital Healthcare business unit.
Within Uro-Gynecology, Q-Med has two NASHA-based products for the treatment of reflux in children and stress urinary incontinence in women. Treatment with Q-Meds products is an alternative to surgical intervention.
The hyaluronic acid (HA) in the body constitutes a natural part of the synovial fluid and functions in the joints both as a lubricant for the cartilage and the ligaments and as a shock absorber. The synovial fluid in joints affected by osteoarthritis has a much lower viscosity and elasticity than in healthy joints. Injections of DUROLANE into the joint can reduce the pain and improve the mobility of the joint.
Cell Therapy and Encapsulation
In 2000 Q-Med acquired a majority shareholding in Ixion Biotechnology, Inc. in Florida, USA. Ixions business focuses on two areas, stem cell research for the treatment of diabetes and research into oxalate. Cells and Other substances can be encapsulated in NASHA gel and thereby be protected from being attacked by the patients immune system.
Ixions patented technology involves the proliferating and differentiating of insulinproducing stem cells. It is then intended that the stem cell islets will be transplanted in diabetes patients. As Q-Meds NASHA gel is experienced as an endogenous substance by the body it can give the cells protection during the transplantation and in the recipient as well. The goal is that medication against rejection will be able to be completely eliminated or considerably reduced. Ixions stem cell technology is still at the preclinical stage.
Ixion's other area of research is within oxalate research. Ixion has a patented technology which is based on the use of the bacterium that is needed to break down oxalate and plans to develop a number of products based on this technology. During 2002, a new formulation was developed which is stable at room temperature and which is most suitable for large-scale production.
Q-Med AB and Medy-Tox have entered into a collaboration agreement regarding botulinum toxin-based biopharmaceuticals. This collaboration would allow Q-Med to develop and commercialize new generations of botulinum toxin products for both aesthetic and therapeutic indications. Medy-Tox would support Q-Med with its technology and know-how in the development of the toxin.
On August 20, 2009, Q-Med AB together with Smith & Nephew plc agreed to the next stage in the approval process for the U.S. launch of Durolane Single Injection, Stabilized Hyaluronic Acid.
In December 2009, Q-Med AB and Oceana Therapeutics, Inc. intends to file for pre-market approval (PMA) in the USA for their gastroenterological project Solesta. The randomised, double-blind, controlled study was designed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Solesta for the treatment of fecal incontinence.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. Q-MED AB COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. Q-MED AB BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. Q-MED AB SWOT ANALYSIS
4. Q-MED AB FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. Q-MED AB COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Q-Med AB Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Q-Med AB and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Q-Med AB and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Q-Med AB Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Q-Med AB Industry Position Analysis
6. Q-MED AB NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. Q-MED AB EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. Q-MED AB ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWEDEN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. Q-MED AB IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. Q-MED AB PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. Q-MED AB VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Q-Med AB Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Q-Med AB Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Q-Med AB Major Shareholders
Q-Med AB History
Q-Med AB Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Q-Med AB Offices and Representations
Q-Med AB SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Q-Med AB Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Q-Med AB Capital Market Snapshot
Q-Med AB Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Q-Med AB Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Q-Med AB Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Q-Med AB Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Q-Med AB 1-year Stock Charts
Q-Med AB 5-year Stock Charts
Q-Med AB vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Q-Med AB vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Q-Med AB Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?