- The report contains detailed information about pSivida Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for pSivida Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The pSivida Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes pSivida Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of pSivida Corp. business.
About pSivida Corp.
pSivida Corp. develops tiny, sustained release, drug delivery products that are administered by implantation, injection, or insertion.
The company has two core technology systems, Durasert and BioSilicon. Utilizing three generations of its Durasert technology system, the company has one product candidate for chronic eye disease and two of the three products approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the long-term, sustained release delivery of drug to treat chronic eye disease.
Durasert Technology System
Iluvien, Retisert and Vitrasert use the companys proprietary Durasert technology system, which delivers specific quantities of drugs directly to a target site in the body at controlled rates for predetermined periods of time ranging from days to years.
Iluvien is designed to provide sustained release treatment for Diabetic Macula Edema (DME). It is in Phase III clincial trials. Retisert is approved by the FDA for the treatment of posterior uveitis, an autoimmune condition characterized by inflammation of the inside of the eye that can cause sudden or gradual vision loss. Vitrasert treats cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis, a blinding eye disease that occurs in individuals with advanced AIDS. Vitrasert provides sustained treatment for six to eight months through the intravitreal delivery of the anti-viral drug ganciclovir.
Other Durasert Research
The company has a collaborative research and license agreement with Pfizer, Inc., which is licensed to develop certain ophthalmic applications of Durasert and BioSilicon. The company is working together on a joint research program aimed at developing such products. The company is also conducting pre-clinical studies utilizing a bioerodible version of its Durasert technology designed to treat glaucoma, dry-AMD and retinitis pigmentosa.
BioSilicon Technology System
The companys proprietary BioSilicon technology system utilizes a honeycomb structure of nano-porous, elemental silicon to deliver therapeutics. BioSilicon is both biocompatible and biodegradable. BioSilicon can be used to deliver various drugs, including small chemical entities, peptides, proteins, and other therapeutics. It is targeting BioSilicon as a key second prong of its drug delivery technology platform. The company is evaluating a form of BioSilicon technology designed to treat both retinal vein occlusion and age-related macular degeneration.
CODRUG Technology System
The companys proprietary CODRUG system allows for the simultaneous release of two or more drugs from the same product at the same controlled rate over a predetermined period of time.
License and Collaboration Agreements
Alimera: Under a collaboration agreement, Alimera has a worldwide license to use certain of its technologies to make and sell certain Medidur-based products that deliver a corticosteroid for the treatment and prevention of eye diseases other than uveitis. Alimera also has a worldwide license to use certain of its technologies to make and sell certain additional Medidur-based products for the treatment and prevention of eye diseases other than uveitis.
Bausch & Lomb: Bausch & Lomb sells Vitrasert and Retisert. The companys collaboration agreement with Bausch & Lomb provides for royalties on such sales.
The company has a field of use license with Intrinsiq Materials Cayman Limited for nutraceutical and food science applications of BioSilicon.
Vitrasert primarily competes with treatments involving the systemic delivery of ganciclovir, a Roche Holdings AG product, and other drugs.
pSivida Corp. was founded in 1987.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PSIVIDA CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PSIVIDA CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PSIVIDA CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PSIVIDA CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PSIVIDA CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. pSivida Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of pSivida Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of pSivida Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. pSivida Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. pSivida Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. PSIVIDA CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PSIVIDA CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PSIVIDA CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PSIVIDA CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PSIVIDA CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PSIVIDA CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
pSivida Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
pSivida Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
pSivida Corp. Major Shareholders
pSivida Corp. History
pSivida Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
pSivida Corp. Offices and Representations
pSivida Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
pSivida Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
pSivida Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
pSivida Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
pSivida Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
pSivida Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
pSivida Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
pSivida Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
pSivida Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
pSivida Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
pSivida Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
pSivida Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?