- The report contains detailed information about Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. business.
About Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc.
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of recombinant therapeutic proteins based on proprietary ProCellEx protein expression system, or ProCellEx.
The company, using ProCellEx system, is in the process of developing a pipeline of proprietary and biosimilar or generic versions of recombinant therapeutic proteins based on plant cell-based expression technology that target large, established pharmaceutical markets. The companys initial commercial focus has been on complex therapeutic proteins, including proteins for the treatment of genetic disorders, such as Gaucher disease and Fabry disease.
ProCellEx: Proprietary Protein Expression System
ProCellEx is the companys proprietary production system that it has developed based on plant cell culture technology for the development, expression, and manufacture of recombinant proteins. The companys expression system consists of a set of capabilities and proprietary technologies, including genetic engineering and plant cell culture technology, which enables to produce complex, proprietary, and biologically equivalent proteins for a variety of human diseases. The companys protein expression system facilitates the creation and selection of high expressing, genetically stable cell lines capable of expressing recombinant proteins.
The companys plant cell culture technology uses plant cells, such as carrot and tobacco cells, which undergo advanced genetic engineering and are grown on an industrial scale in a flexible bioreactor system. Its bioreactors are suited for plant cell growth using a chemically-defined growth medium as a catalyst for growth.
The companys ProCellEx system is capable of producing proteins with an amino acid structure practically equivalent to that of the desired human protein, and with a very similar, glycan, or sugar, structure.
The company, in collaboration with Israels Weizmann Institute of Science, has demonstrated that the three-dimensional structure of a protein expressed in its proprietary plant cell-based expression system retains the same three-dimensional structure as exhibited by the mammalian cell-based expressed version of the same protein.
Pipeline Drug Candidates
Product Candidate, Taliglucerase Alfa
Taliglucerase alfa, the companys proprietary product candidate, is a plant cell expressed recombinant glucocerebrosidase enzyme (GCD) for the treatment of Gaucher disease. During the year 2008, the company initiated a double blind, follow-on extension study as part of the phase III clinical trial in which patients that completed treatment in the trial were given the opportunity to continue to be treated with taliglucerase alfa at the same dose that they received in the trial.
Other Drug Candidates in Pipeline
The company has identified several product candidates oriented towards specialty disease and therapeutic market segments, including treatments for Fabry disease. The company is also conducting initial research to evaluate potential programs in the fields of monoclonal antibodies, cytokines and vaccines. It filed an investigational new drug application (IND) with the FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) for acetylcholinesterase enzyme (AChE) during 2009.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (Teva): In September 2006, the company entered into a Collaboration and Licensing Agreement with Teva for the development and manufacture of two proteins, to be identified by Teva and the company using ProCellEx protein expression system.
Weizmann Institute of Science: In March 2006, the company entered into a research and license agreement with the Yeda Research and Development Company Limited, the technology transfer arm of the Weizmann Institute of Science, pursuant to which Yeda is using its technology to design a GCD for the treatment of Gaucher disease that can be expressed using ProCellEx protein expression system.
The company specifically faces competition from companies with approved treatments of Gaucher disease, including Genzyme and to a lesser extent, Actelion. Shire develops a gene-activated enzyme expressed in human cancer cells to treat Gaucher disease. The company also competes with Amicus Therapeutics and Genzyme.
Competitors developing alternative expression technologies include Crucell N.V., Shire and GlycoFi, Inc. (which was acquired by Merck & Co. Inc.). Other companies developing alternate plant-based technologies include Biolex, Inc., Chlorogen, Inc., Greenovation Biotech GmbH, and Symbiosys. The company also competes with Novartis AG/Sandoz Pharmaceuticals, BioGeneriX AG, Stada Arzneimittel AG, BioPartners GmbH and Teva.
On September 28, 2010, Biomanguinhos, Pfizer Inc. and Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. have signed a biotechnology transfer agreement in Brazil. The agreement would focus on the development of local production capabilities for Gaucher treatment taliglucerase alpha.
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PROTALIX BIOTHERAPEUTICS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PROTALIX BIOTHERAPEUTICS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PROTALIX BIOTHERAPEUTICS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PROTALIX BIOTHERAPEUTICS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PROTALIX BIOTHERAPEUTICS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PROTALIX BIOTHERAPEUTICS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PROTALIX BIOTHERAPEUTICS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PROTALIX BIOTHERAPEUTICS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ISRAEL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PROTALIX BIOTHERAPEUTICS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PROTALIX BIOTHERAPEUTICS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PROTALIX BIOTHERAPEUTICS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. Major Shareholders
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. History
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. Offices and Representations
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?