- The report contains detailed information about Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited business.
About Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited, a biotechnology company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of small molecule therapeutics primarily for the treatment of cancer.
The companys PI-88 is a carbohydrate-based small-molecule, which would work through two mechanisms. It inhibits the enzyme heparanase, which plays a role in tumor spread and invasion through surrounding tissues, by inhibiting this degradation process, PI-88 reduces the ability of tumors to expand and spread. PI-88 exerts an anti-angiogenic effect by inhibiting the interaction between growth factors, heparan sulfate, and cellular receptors. PI-88, a heparanase inhibitor, employs a mechanism to target angiogenesis. The PI-88 phase 2 trial in combination with DTIC has been conducted.
In June 2010, the company has a license and collaboration agreement with Medigen Biotechnology Corporation (Medigen), for the development and commercialization of muparfostat globally. The agreement grants Medigen the exclusive worldwide and sub-license rights for the commercialization of muparfostat for the therapeutic and prophylactic treatment of cancer.
The companys PG11047 is a polyamine analogue that competes with natural polyamines, and treatment with PG11047 results in alterations to the natural cascade of events involved in cell division and might be able to induce cell death in tumors. PG11047 is the advanced compound acquired through the acquisition of CellGate, Inc. PG11047, is in Phase 1(b) clinical trials.
The companys PG545 is a heparan sulfate mimetic and its efficacy as an anti- tumor agent is based on a dual mechanism critical to the growth and progression of solid tumors, namely angiogenesis and metastasis. PG545 is its candidate from the PG500 series. The phase I trial of PG545 is being conducted.
This compound has been shown to inhibit solid tumor progression in various animal models of melanoma (B16F1 syngeneic mouse model), breast (T41 orthotopic mouse model), lung cancer (LLC/2 syngeneic mouse model), human colorectal cancer (HT29 xenograft model), human pancreatic cancer (MiaPaCa-2 xenograft model), human breast cancer (MDA-MB-231 xenograft model), human prostate cancer (PC3 xenograft model), and human liver cancer (HepG2 xenograft model and Hep3B orthotopic model).
Heparanase Discovery Program
The Heparanase discovery program is targeted towards the identification of molecules that selectively inhibit the enzyme heparanase. The objective of this program is to replenish and to diversify its product development portfolio by creating a robust drug pipeline.
The companys wholly owned subsidiary company, PharmaSynth Pty Ltd (PharmaSynth), provides contract pharmaceutical manufacturing development services and manufacture of material for phase 1 to phase 3 clinical trials.
In June 2010, the company signed a license and collaboration agreement with Medigen Biotechnology Corp. for the exclusive rights to PI-88.
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited was founded in 1989. It was formerly known as Almagest Pty. Ltd. and changed its name to Progen Industries Pty. Ltd. in 1990; and to Progen Industries Limited in 1991. Further, it changed its name to Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited in 2007.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PROGEN PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PROGEN PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PROGEN PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PROGEN PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PROGEN PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. PROGEN PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PROGEN PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PROGEN PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. AUSTRALIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PROGEN PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PROGEN PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PROGEN PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited Major Shareholders
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited History
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited Offices and Representations
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Progen Pharmaceuticals Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?