- The report contains detailed information about Pharming Group N.V. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pharming Group N.V.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pharming Group N.V. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pharming Group N.V. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pharming Group N.V. business.
About Pharming Group N.V.
Pharming Group N.V. (Pharming) engages in the development, production and commercialization of human therapeutic proteins.
The company offers products for the treatments of genetic disorders; and surgical and traumatic bleeding. Pharmings technologies include novel transgenic platforms for the production of biopharmaceuticals, and technology and processes for the purification and formulation of these biopharmaceuticals.
Recombinant Human C1 Inhibitor
Pharming develops recombinant human C1 inhibitor for the treatment of Hereditary Angioedema. Pharming has completed pre-clinical toxicology studies in animals and a Phase I clinical trial in asymptomatic patients. It also conducted a Phase 2 clinical study. As of December 31, 2004, the product is in Phase III clinical trials in Europe and North America. In addition, the company explores the development of rhC1INH for other indications.
Pharming and Esteve have formed a partnership on the development, marketing and sales of rhC1INH in Spain, Portugal and Greece. The company has an agreement with Diosynth Biotechnology for the manufacturing of rhC1INH.
Recombinant Human Lactoferrin
Pharming develops recombinant human lactoferrin (rhLF) as a nutraceutical, while exploring applications for the pharmaceutical market. Human lactoferrin is a protein that helps to fight and prevent infections and strengthens the defense system of the human body. The natural protein is present in mothers milk and in various other body fluids. Lactoferrin plays a role in the defense system of infants and against a range of bacterial, fungal and viral pathogens in adults. As of December 31, 2004, the company completed the Phase I clinical study.
Recombinant Fibrinogen Tissue Sealant / Recombinant human fibrinogen
Pharming develops a recombinant fibrinogen based tissue sealant (rTS) to stop excessive blood loss during surgery or traumatic injury. As of December 31, 2004, Recombinant tissue sealant is in a Pre-clinical stage and Recombinant human fibrinogen is available for supply. Pharming has developed a production system for the main component of rhFIB sealant.
Recombinant human collagen
Pharming along with its partner Cohesion Technologies intends to supply recombinant human collagen (rhCOL) as an intermediate to the collagen based aesthetic and medical device market. Recombinant human collagen type I is being developed by Pharming and Cohesion Technologies for the biomaterial market. As of December 31, 2004, it is available for supply.
Protein Production Technology
Pharmings protein production technology is available to other biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies for licensing. Its technology has been developed to produce proteins without the limitations of existing methods. The production technology of Pharming includes intellectual property and knowhow for the purification and formulation of recombinant proteins produced in milk. As of December 31, 2004, there are approximately 900 protein therapeutics in development.
Pharming produces recombinant proteins in the mammary glands of transgenic rabbits or cattle and purifies the protein from milk for its therapeutic application. As of December 31, 2004, the technology is available for licensing.
The company pursues strategic alliances with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, such as Angiotech Biomaterials Corp., USA (development of rhCOL); Diosynth B.V. (commercial manufacturing of rhC1INH); GTC (cross-licensing of recombinant technology); Infigen (licensing of nuclear transfer technology); ProBio Inc. (intellectual property); TNO Prevention and Health (research on rhCOL); Laboratorios del Dr. Esteve, S.A. (partner rhC1INH); US Army (research on rhFIB/rhTS); AgResearch Limited (production of rhLF); and NovaThera Limited (product research).
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PHARMING GROUP N.V. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PHARMING GROUP N.V. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PHARMING GROUP N.V. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PHARMING GROUP N.V. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PHARMING GROUP N.V. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pharming Group N.V. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pharming Group N.V. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pharming Group N.V. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pharming Group N.V. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pharming Group N.V. Industry Position Analysis
6. PHARMING GROUP N.V. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PHARMING GROUP N.V. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PHARMING GROUP N.V. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PHARMING GROUP N.V. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PHARMING GROUP N.V. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PHARMING GROUP N.V. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pharming Group N.V. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pharming Group N.V. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pharming Group N.V. Major Shareholders
Pharming Group N.V. History
Pharming Group N.V. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pharming Group N.V. Offices and Representations
Pharming Group N.V. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pharming Group N.V. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pharming Group N.V. Capital Market Snapshot
Pharming Group N.V. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Pharming Group N.V. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pharming Group N.V. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pharming Group N.V. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pharming Group N.V. 1-year Stock Charts
Pharming Group N.V. 5-year Stock Charts
Pharming Group N.V. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pharming Group N.V. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pharming Group N.V. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?