- The report contains detailed information about Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. business.
About Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc., a contract research organization, provides drug discovery and development services. The companys clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic, and government organizations.
The companys development services include preclinical programs and Phase I through Phase IV clinical development services, as well as bioanalytical, cGMP, global central laboratory, and vaccines and biologics laboratory services. In addition, for marketed drugs, biologics and devices, the company offers support, such as product launch services, medical information, patient compliance programs, patient and disease registry programs, product safety and pharmacovigilance, Phase IV monitored studies and prescription-to-over-the-counter, or Rx to OTC, programs.
The company operates in two segments: Development and Discovery Sciences.
The company provides a range of development services, either individually or as an integrated package, to meet clients needs.
Strategic Product Development Solutions: The company specializes in developing integrated product development strategies that provide companies with interdisciplinary preclinical; chemistry, manufacturing and controls, or CMC; medical; and regulatory road maps for the development of their products through global marketing approvals and the post-marketing life-cycle. The companys physicians and scientists supplement its clients program teams to develop and execute an integrated product development plan designed to speed the product to market with reduced risk.
Phase I Clinical Testing: The companys professional physician and nursing staff administer general Phase I safety tests, special population studies, and bioavailability and bioequivalence testing. Bioavailability and bioequivalence testing involves administration of test compounds and obtaining biological fluids sequentially over time to measure absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of the drug. The companys Phase I unit also includes a dental surgical and research clinic to evaluate the safety of new analgesic compounds in third molar extraction models. The companys Phase I clinic has on-site capabilities for flow cytometry measurement, allowing measurement of cell surface biomarkers immediately following blood sample collection to evaluate critical pharmacological actions.
Laboratory Services: The company offers the following laboratory services:
Global Central Laboratories: With laboratory facilities in Highland Heights, Kentucky, Brussels, Belgium, Singapore and Beijing, China, its global central laboratories provide testing services with customized results databases for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies engaged in clinical drug development, as well as government-funded studies. The company manages all of its labs, services and data operations in real-time through ConneXion, its proprietary, global database and information management system.
Vaccines and Biologics Laboratory: In 2008, the company purchased a vaccines and biologics testing facility located in Wayne, Pennsylvania from Merck & Co., Inc. The laboratory and its personnel perform immunogenicity testing for surveillance of a vaccines ability to induce neutralizing antibodies and polymerase chain reaction, or PRC, testing for viral detection. The facility is involved in vaccine testing for influenza, Human Immunodeficiency Virus, or HIV, adenovirus, haemophilus influenza type B, human papillomavirus, pneumococcus, staphylococcus, hepatitis A and B, measles, mumps and rubella, varicella zoster virus, rotavirus as well as other viruses and bacteria. The laboratory also includes an on-site biorepository facility that enables storage and archiving of samples for possible future assay or other follow-up testing.
Bioanalytical Laboratories: The company provides bioanalytical services through GLP, or good laboratory practices, /FDA Guidance-compliant laboratories in Richmond, Virginia and Middleton, Wisconsin. The companys bioanalytical laboratories analyze biological fluid samples from animal and human clinical studies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. Major Shareholders
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. History
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. Offices and Representations
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?