- The report contains detailed information about Pfizer Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pfizer Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pfizer Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pfizer Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pfizer Ltd. business.
About Pfizer Ltd.
Pfizer, Inc. engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of prescription medicines for humans and animals, as well as consumer healthcare products worldwide.
The company operates its business in three segments: Human Health, Consumer Healthcare, and Animal Health. It also operates various other businesses, including the manufacture of empty soft-gelatin capsules, contract manufacturing and bulk pharmaceutical chemicals.
HUMAN HEALTH SEGMENT
The companys human health segment includes treatments for cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, central nervous system disorders, arthritis and pain, infectious and respiratory diseases, urogenital conditions, cancer, eye disease, endocrine disorders and allergies. The companys principal pharmaceutical products and certain approved products are as follows:
Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases
Lipitor: Lipitor is for the treatment of elevated cholesterol levels in the blood, is used treatment for lowering cholesterol and the pharmaceutical product of any kind in the world. In September 2005, the FDA approved the use of Lipitor to reduce the risk of stroke and myocardial infarction in patients with type 2 diabetes and multiple risk factors for coronary heart disease.
Norvasc: Norvasc is used for the treatment of hypertension. Norvasc experienced patent expirations in many European Union (E.U.) countries. Norvasc maintains exclusivity in many major markets globally, including the U.S., Japan, Canada and Australia.
Caduet: Caduet, launched in the U.S. in 2004, is a single pill combining Lipitor and Norvasc for prevention of cardiovascular events. Caduet has been approved in various European countries for the prevention of cardiovascular events.
Accupril/Accuretic: Accupril/Accuretic is an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor for the treatment of hypertension and congestive heart failure. Subsequently, the company launched its own generic version of Accupril in the U.S. through its Greenstone Ltd. (Greenstone) generic pharmaceutical subsidiary.
Cardura: Cardura is for the treatment of hypertension and benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate gland). There are multiple generic versions of Cardura on the U.S. market. The company expects to launch Cardura XL, an extended release version which has been approved by the FDA, in May 2006.
Inspra: Inspra, launched in the U.S. in 2004, is for the treatment of hypertension and congestive heart failure in patients who have had a heart attack. It also was launched in various E.U. member countries in 2004 for the treatment of congestive heart failure.
Revatio: Revatio was approved in the U.S. in June 2005 and in the E.U. in November 2005 for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, a rare, life-shortening vascular condition.
Central Nervous System Disorders
Zoloft: Zoloft is prescribed antidepressant in the U.S., which is indicated for the treatment of major depressive disorder, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder in adults and children, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) and social anxiety disorder (SAD). Zoloft is approved for acute and long-term use in all of these indications, with the exception of PMDD, and is an approved agent for the long-term treatment of PTSD and SAD, an important differentiating feature as these disorders tend to be chronic.
Neurontin: Neurontin is used adjunctive therapy for epilepsy, is also approved in many countries for the treatment of various neuropathic pain conditions. Neurontin has also been approved for the management of post-herpetic neuralgia, a painful condition that affects many people in the aftermath of the viral infection commonly known as shingles. The company launched its own generic version of Neurontin in the U.S. through its Greenstone subsidiary.
Geodon: Geodon, marketed in certain countries as Zeldox, is a treatment for the symptoms of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, including manic and mixed episodes. Available in both an oral capsule and rapid-acting intramuscular formulation, Geodon is the atypical anti-psychotic medication in th
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PFIZER LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PFIZER LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PFIZER LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PFIZER LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PFIZER LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pfizer Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pfizer Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pfizer Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pfizer Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pfizer Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. PFIZER LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PFIZER LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PFIZER LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. INDIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PFIZER LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PFIZER LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PFIZER LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pfizer Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pfizer Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pfizer Ltd. Major Shareholders
Pfizer Ltd. History
Pfizer Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pfizer Ltd. Offices and Representations
Pfizer Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pfizer Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pfizer Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Pfizer Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Pfizer Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pfizer Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pfizer Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pfizer Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Pfizer Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Pfizer Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pfizer Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pfizer Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?