- The report contains detailed information about Perrigo Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Perrigo Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Perrigo Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Perrigo Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Perrigo Co. business.
About Perrigo Co.
Perrigo Company, a healthcare supplier, develops, manufactures, and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and generic prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), and pharmaceutical and medical diagnostic products. Its primary markets and locations of manufacturing and logistics operations are the United States, Israel, Mexico and the United Kingdom.
The company operates in three segments: Consumer Healthcare; Rx Pharmaceuticals; and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API).
CONSUMER HEALTHCARE SEGMENT
The Consumer Healthcare Segment includes operations supporting the sale of OTC pharmaceutical and nutritional products in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Mexico.
The company markets approximately 1,300 store brand products, with approximately 11,000 SKUs, to approximately 900 customers. It also manufactures and markets certain products under its Good Sense brand name. This segments major product categories include analgesic, cough/cold/allergy/sinus, gastrointestinal, smoking cessation, first aid, and vitamin and nutritional supplement products.
The company's customers are major national and regional retail drug, supermarket and mass merchandise chains, such as Wal-Mart, CVS, Walgreens, Kroger, Safeway, Dollar General, Sams Club and Costco; and major wholesalers, such as McKesson.
In November 2008, the company acquired 100% of the outstanding shares of privately held Unico Holdings, Inc., a manufacturer of store brand pediatric electrolytes, enemas, and feminine hygiene products for retail customers in the U.S.
In October 2008, the company acquired 100% of the outstanding shares of privately held Laboratorios Diba, S.A., a store brand manufacturer of OTC and prescription pharmaceuticals, including antibiotics, hormonals, and ophthalmics.
In September 2008, the company acquired J.B. Laboratories, Inc. (JBL), a privately held contract manufacturer of OTC and nutrition products for healthcare suppliers.
In June 2008, the companys U.K. subsidiary acquired Brunel Healthcare Ltd. (Brunel), a producer of OTC healthcare products.
In January 2008, the company acquired 100% of the outstanding shares of privately held Galpharm Healthcare Ltd., a supplier of OTC store brand pharmaceutical products sold by supermarkets, drug stores, and pharmacies in the U.K.
The company's competitors include Dr. Reddys Laboratories, Ltd.; Watson Pharmaceuticals; Actavis Group hf.; Guardian Drug Company; LNK International, Inc.; NBTY Inc.; and Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
PRESCRIPTION (Rx) PHARMACEUTICALS
The Rx Pharmaceuticals segment develops, manufactures, and markets a portfolio of generic prescription drugs in the U.S. This portfolio consists of products within an array of topicals, including creams, ointments, lotions, gels, shampoos, foams, suppositories, sprays, and liquid suspensions and solutions.
The company markets approximately 250 generic prescription products, with approximately 600 SKUs, to approximately 110 customers. Its major generic prescription products include Ammonium lactate cream and lotion; Benzoyl peroxide gel; Cetirizine tablets and syrup; Clindamycin phosphate solution; Clobetasol foam; Econazole nitrate cream; Erythromycin and benzoyl peroxide gel; Erythromycin pads; Fluticasone ointment and cream; Griseofulvin oral suspension; Halobetasol ointment and cream; Hydroquinone cream; Ibuprofen oral suspension; Ketoconazole shampoo; Mesalamine rectal suspension enema; Mometasone cream, Ointment and lotion; Mupirocin ointment; Omeprazole tablets; Permethrin cream; Salicylic acid shampoo; Selenium sulfide shampoo; Sodium sulfacetamide wash; Terconazole suppositories; and Tretinoin cream and gel.
The companys U.S.-based customers are major wholesalers, such as Cardinal Health, McKesson, and AmerisourceBergen, as well as national and regional retail drug, supermarket and mass merchandise chains, such as Walgreens, Wal-Mart, CVS, Rite Aid, Kroger, and Safeway.
In April 2009, the company entered into a joint development ag
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PERRIGO CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PERRIGO CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PERRIGO CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PERRIGO CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PERRIGO CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Perrigo Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Perrigo Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Perrigo Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Perrigo Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Perrigo Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. PERRIGO CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PERRIGO CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PERRIGO CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PERRIGO CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PERRIGO CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PERRIGO CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Perrigo Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Perrigo Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Perrigo Co. Major Shareholders
Perrigo Co. History
Perrigo Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Perrigo Co. Offices and Representations
Perrigo Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Perrigo Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Perrigo Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Perrigo Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Perrigo Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Perrigo Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Perrigo Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Perrigo Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Perrigo Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Perrigo Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Perrigo Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Perrigo Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?