- The report contains detailed information about PerkinElmer Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for PerkinElmer Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The PerkinElmer Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes PerkinElmer Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of PerkinElmer Inc. business.
About PerkinElmer Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. provides technology, services and solutions to the diagnostics, research, environmental, safety and security, industrial, and laboratory services markets.
Segments and Products
The company operates through two segments, including Human Health and Environmental Health.
Human Health Segment
Human Health segment focuses on developing diagnostics, tools and applications to help detect disease earlier and to accelerate the discovery and development of critical new therapies. Within the Human Health segment, the company serves both the diagnostics and research markets. The Human Health segment includes its products and services that address the genetic screening and bio-discovery markets.
Diagnostics Market: The company provides early detection for genetic disorders from pre-conception to early childhood, as well as medical imaging for the diagnostics market. Its products are designed to provide insights into the health of expectant mothers during pregnancy and their newborns. The companys instruments, reagents and software test and screen for disorders and diseases, including Down syndrome, infertility, anemia, and diabetes. The companys medical imaging detectors are used to enable doctors to make diagnoses of conditions ranging from broken bones to reduced blood flow in vascular systems. In addition, its detectors improve oncology treatments by focusing radiation directly at tumors.
Research Market: In the research market, the company provides a suite of solutions, including reagents, liquid handling and detection technologies that enable researchers to improve the drug discovery process. These applications, solutions and services enable pharmaceutical companies to create therapeutics. The portfolio of liquid handling and detection technologies includes a range of systems consisting of instrumentation for automation and detection solutions, cellular imaging and analysis hardware and software, and a portfolio of consumables products, including drug discovery and research reagents. The company sells its research solutions to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and academic research customers globally.
The company offers the Opera and Operetta confocal microplate imaging reader that provides content screening. Its radiometric detection solutions including approximately 1,000 NEN radiochemicals, the Tri-carb and TopCount families of liquid scintillation counters (LSC) and MicroBeta2 used for gamma, beta and luminescence counting in microplate formats utilized in research, environmental or drug discovery applications.
DELFIA Xpress, a solution for prenatal screening, including a loading system supported by kits for both first and second trimester analyses, and clinically validated LifeCycle software.
The NeoGram MS/MS AAAC in vitro diagnostic kit, used to support detection of metabolic disorders in newborns by tandem mass spectrometry.
Ultra-Screen is a first trimester prenatal screening protocol combining ultrasound measurement of the fluid accumulation behind the neck of the fetus with maternal serum markers. It is designed to assess patient-specific risk for Down Syndrome, trisomy 18 and other chromosomal abnormalities.
EnVision is a multi-label reader used in a range of screening applications, which features two detectors enabling simultaneous dual wavelength reading, below emission reading, barcode readers, a high speed light source, and adjustment of measurement height function. The instrument is configurable and can be integrated into robotic systems.
The JANUS Automated Workstation, an automation and liquid handling system consisting of a modular platform that enables one or two pipetting arms with different tip configurations, as well as a one-plate movement arm on a single workstation. JANUS is designed for the automation of sample preparation procedures utilized in pharmaceutical, biotech, and research applications.
Volocity imaging software suite is a solution for 3D and 4D image acquisition, allowing data visualization, deconvolution, publication, object measurement, tracking and charting. Using Volocity, cell images can be directly acquired or
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PERKINELMER INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PERKINELMER INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PERKINELMER INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PERKINELMER INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PERKINELMER INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. PerkinElmer Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of PerkinElmer Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of PerkinElmer Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. PerkinElmer Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. PerkinElmer Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PERKINELMER INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PERKINELMER INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PERKINELMER INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PERKINELMER INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PERKINELMER INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PERKINELMER INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
PerkinElmer Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
PerkinElmer Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
PerkinElmer Inc. Major Shareholders
PerkinElmer Inc. History
PerkinElmer Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
PerkinElmer Inc. Offices and Representations
PerkinElmer Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
PerkinElmer Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
PerkinElmer Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
PerkinElmer Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
PerkinElmer Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
PerkinElmer Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
PerkinElmer Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
PerkinElmer Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
PerkinElmer Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
PerkinElmer Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
PerkinElmer Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
PerkinElmer Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?