- The report contains detailed information about Palatin Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Palatin Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Palatin Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Palatin Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Palatin Technologies Inc. business.
About Palatin Technologies Inc.
Palatin Technologies, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development of peptide, peptide mimetic, and small molecule agonist compounds with a focus on melanocortin and natriuretic peptide receptor systems.
The company has a pipeline of active development programs targeting melanocortin and natriuretic receptors, including development of proposed products for treatment of sexual dysfunction, acute asthma, heart failure, hypertension, obesity, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome.
The company has the following active drug development programs: Bremelanotide, a peptide melanocortin receptor agonist, for treatment of sexual dysfunction, targeting female sexual dysfunction (FSD) and erectile dysfunction (ED) in patients non-responsive to therapies; peptide melanocortin receptor agonists for treatment of FSD, ED, and other indications; and PL-3994, a peptide mimetic natriuretic peptide receptor A (NPR-A) agonist, for treatment of acute exacerbations of asthma, heart failure, and refractory or difficult-to-control hypertension.
Melanocortin Receptor-Specific Programs
The melanocortin system is involved in various physiologic functions and therapeutic agents to treat various conditions and diseases, including sexual dysfunction, obesity and related disorders, cachexia (wasting syndrome), and inflammation-related diseases.
Bremelanotide for Sexual Dysfunction: The company is developing subcutaneously administered bremelanotide for the treatment of FSD and ED. Bremelanotide, a melanocortin agonist (which promotes a biologic function response) drug candidate, is a synthetic peptide analog of the naturally occurring hormone alpha-MSH (melanocyte-stimulating hormone). In a phase 1 clinical trial designed to evaluate the blood pressure effects of subcutaneously administered bremelanotide. It has completed a placebo-controlled, randomized, double-blind, cross over safety study evaluating blood pressure effects of subcutaneous bremelanotide.
PL-6983 for Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction: PL-6983 is the companys primary compound in a new series of melanocortin receptor-specific peptides it has developed for treatment of sexual dysfunction.
Obesity: The company has entered into an exclusive research collaboration and license agreement with AstraZeneca to discover, develop, and commercialize compounds that target melanocortin receptors for the treatment of obesity, diabetes, and related metabolic syndrome.
Natriuretic Peptide Receptor-Specific Programs
The natriuretic peptide receptor system has various cardiovascular functions, and therapeutic agents modulating this system might be useful in treatment of heart failure, hypertension, acute asthma, and other cardiovascular diseases.
PL-3994: PL-3994 is an NPR-A agonist compound in development for treatment of acute exacerbations of asthma, heart failure, and refractory hypertension. It intended a proof-of-concept human trial for asthma using a subcutaneously administered formulation of PL-3994, and would submit an investigational new drug (IND) application. It also has an inhalation formulation of PL-3994 under development. It also intended repeat dose phase 2 clinical trial in patients hospitalized with heart failure., which would evaluate safety profiles in patients given repeat doses of PL-3994, as well as pharmacokinetic (period to metabolize or excrete the drug) and pharmacodynamic (period of action or effect of the drug) endpoints.
Palatin Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PALATIN TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PALATIN TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PALATIN TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PALATIN TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PALATIN TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Palatin Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Palatin Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Palatin Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Palatin Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Palatin Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PALATIN TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PALATIN TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PALATIN TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PALATIN TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PALATIN TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PALATIN TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Palatin Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Palatin Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Palatin Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Palatin Technologies Inc. History
Palatin Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Palatin Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Palatin Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Palatin Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Palatin Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Palatin Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Palatin Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Palatin Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Palatin Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Palatin Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Palatin Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Palatin Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Palatin Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Palatin Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?