- The report contains detailed information about Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. business.
About Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, develops therapies that target the molecular mechanisms that cause cancer. Through internal research programs and in conjunction with collaborators, the company develops and commercializes therapies designed to exploit the genetic and molecular differences between cancer cells and normal cells with the goal of Changing the Way Cancer is Treated.
The company focuses to maximize commercialization opportunities for Nexavar (sorafenib) tablets, along with collaborator, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc., or Bayer.
Marketed Product Nexavar
Nexavar is approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, for the treatment of patients with unresectable liver cancer and advanced kidney cancer. Nexavar is an orally available multiple kinase inhibitor that acts through dual mechanisms of action by inhibiting angiogenesis and the proliferation of cancer cells. Nexavar inhibits the signaling of VEGFR-1, VEGFR-2, VEGFR-3 and PDGFR-ß, key receptors of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor, or VEGF, and Platelet-Derived Growth Factor, or PDGF. Nexavar also inhibits other kinases involved in cancer, such as KIT, FLT-3 and RET.
The company and Bayer is in the process of commercializing Nexavar for the treatment of patients with unresectable liver cancer and advanced kidney cancer. Nexavar has been approved and is marketed for these indications in the United States, European Union, and in other territories worldwide.
The company is in the process of developing carfilzomib, a selective proteasome inhibitor, as a cancer treatment. The proteasome is a protein complex that exists in all cells, both healthy and cancerous. Carfilzomib is a novel small molecule, belonging to a class known as peptide ketoepoxides, and is designed to inhibit the proteasome and enable sustained suppression of protein degradation in tumor cells.
ONX 0801 is a targeted oncology compound in Phase 1 clinical development that is designed to combine two approaches to improve outcomes for cancer patients by selectively targeting tumor cells through the alpha-folate receptor, which is overexpressed in various tumor types, and inhibiting thymidylate synthase (TS), a key enzyme responsible for cell growth and division. ONX 0801 targets malignant cells that overexpress the alpha-folate receptor, which is located on the cells surface. In September 2009, the company initiated Phase 1 studies of ONX 0801 in advanced solid tumors. It obtained worldwide product development and commercialization rights to ONX 0801 through a development and license agreement with BTG International Limited, or BTG.
The company is in the process of developing ONX 0912, an oral proteasome inhibitor based on similar chemistry as that applied in carfilzomib development. ONX 0912 has a therapeutic window in preclinical models. In 2009, the company filed an Investigational New Drug application (IND) with the FDA that has been accepted.
Product Candidate Earlier Stage Pipeline
The company is in the process of developing ONX 0914 to be an inhibitor of the immunoproteasome, with minimal cross-reactivity for the constitutive proteasome. The company is in the process of conducting preclinical studies to evaluate the potential clinical applications of ONX 0914 in the treatment of autoimmune disorders, such as rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease and lupus.
Collaboration, Licensing, Option Agreements
Collaboration Agreement with Pfizer: The company has a research and development collaboration agreement with Warner-Lambert Company, a subsidiary of Pfizer Inc., to discover and commercialize small molecule drugs that restore control of, or otherwise intervene in, the misregulated cell cycle in tumor cells.
Licensing Agreement with BTG: In November 2008, the company licensed a novel targeted oncology compound, ONX 0801, from BTG. Under the terms of the agreement, the company obtained a worldwide license for ONX 0801 and its related patents.
Option Agreement with S*BIO: In December 2008, the company entered into a development collaboration, option and license agreement with S*BIO Pte Ltd, or S*BIO, a Singapore-based company, pursuant to which the company acquired options to license rights to each of SB1518 (designated by Onyx as ONX 0803) and SB1578 (designated by Onyx as ONX 0805).
In April 2010, S*BIO Pte Ltd. and Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. announced the expansion of their development collaboration and option and license commercialization agreement for S*BIO's novel JAK2 inhibitors, SB1518 and SB1578, also known as ONX 0803 and ONX 0805, respectively.
Acquisition of Proteolix
In November 2009, the company acquired Proteolix under the terms of an agreement and plan of merger (the Merger Agreement), which was entered into in October 2009. Proteolix focused primarily on the discovery and development of novel therapies, including carfilzomib that target the proteasome for the treatment of hematological malignancies, solid tumors, and autoimmune disorders.
Nexavar for unresectable liver cancer: Nexavar for unresectable liver cancer competes with therapies in development, including Pfizers Sutent and Bristol-Myers Squibbs brivanib.
Nexavar for advanced kidney cancer: Nexavar for advanced kidney cancer competes with five other agents for the treatment of advanced kidney cancer Sutent, Torisel, Avastin, Afinitor and Votrient.
Carfilzomib: The company competes with three agents that have been approved for the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma Velcade and two Immunomodulatory Drugs (Imids), Revlimid and Thalomid.
Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ONYX PHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ONYX PHARMACEUTICALS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ONYX PHARMACEUTICALS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ONYX PHARMACEUTICALS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ONYX PHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ONYX PHARMACEUTICALS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ONYX PHARMACEUTICALS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ONYX PHARMACEUTICALS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ONYX PHARMACEUTICALS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ONYX PHARMACEUTICALS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ONYX PHARMACEUTICALS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. Major Shareholders
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. History
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. Offices and Representations
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?