- The report contains detailed information about Obagi Medical Products, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Obagi Medical Products, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Obagi Medical Products, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Obagi Medical Products, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Obagi Medical Products, Inc. business.
About Obagi Medical Products, Inc.
Obagi Medical Products, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, focuses on the aesthetic and therapeutic skin health markets. The company develops and commercializes, topical skin health systems, some of which contain prescription-based products, that enable physicians to treat a range of skin conditions, including pre-mature aging, photo-damage, hyperpigmentation (irregular or patchy discoloration of the skin), acne, rosacea, and soft tissue deficits, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
Obagi Systems and Related Products
The company markets and sells its systems and related products to physicians for the treatment of age-related skin disorders, incorporating a range of individual prescription and non-prescription therapeutic agents, as well as cosmetic ingredients. The individual components of each system have been formulated to complement one another.
Obagi Nu-Derm System
The companys Obagi Nu-Derm System consists of a combination of six prescription and OTC drugs and adjunctive cosmetic skin care products to treat visible skin conditions such as photo-damage and hyperpigmentation resulting from extrinsic damage and intrinsic changes to the skin. The Obagi Nu-Derm cosmetic skin care products include cleansers and exfoliating creams. Three of these products contain the drug hydroquinone in a 4% prescription concentration, which acts as a bleaching agent that is designed to correct skin pigmentation problems by normalizing the production of new melanin in the epidermis. Physicians may also prescribe the drug tretinoin as a complement to the system, in various concentrations, depending on the physician's judgment of patient need.
Obagi Condition & Enhance Surgical and Non-surgical Cosmetic Procedures
The company, in July 2006, launched Obagi Condition & Enhance targeted for use with surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures, such as Botox (Botox is a registered trademark of Allergan, Inc.), injectable fillers, chemical peels, micro-dermabrasion and laser resurfacing treatments. This system provides adjunctive therapy both before and after these procedures, and is designed to enhance aesthetic outcomes and improve overall patient satisfaction.
Obagi Condition & Enhance consists of a combination of six prescription and OTC drugs and adjunctive cosmetic skin care products to treat visible skin conditions such as photo-damage and hyperpigmentation resulting from extrinsic damage and intrinsic changes to the skin. The Obagi Condition & Enhance cosmetic skin care products include cleansers and exfoliating creams.
Obagi-C Rx System
The Obagi-C Rx System consists of a combination of four prescription and OTC drugs and adjunctive cosmetic skin care products to treat skin conditions resulting from sun damage and the oxidative damage of free radicals. The central ingredients in the system are 4% hydroquinone, a prescription drug, and Vitamin C. Two Obagi-C Rx System products contain this concentration of hydroquinone, which is designed to correct skin pigmentation problems by normalizing the production of new melanin in the epidermis. The Obagi-C Rx System includes cosmetic skin care cleansers and exfoliating lotions.
The Obagi Professional-C products are a complete line of proprietary, non-prescription products, which consist of Vitamin C serums used to reduce the appearance of damage to the skin caused by ultraviolet radiation and other environmental influences. Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) acts as a potent antioxidant. The Obagi Professional-C line consists of a 5% serum for the area around the eyes and 10%, 15% and 20% serums for the face, neck and chest.
The companys ELASTIderm product line consists of products for the treatment of skin laxity featuring novel mineral complexes which may help the body's own natural ability to increase epidermal thickness, augment hypodermal fat and increase elastin levels by supplying increased local concentrations of natural mineral actives to the relevant tissue. In February 2007, the company launched an eye gel which is the second product under the Obagi ELASTIderm brand. In February 2008, the company launched
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OBAGI MEDICAL PRODUCTS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OBAGI MEDICAL PRODUCTS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OBAGI MEDICAL PRODUCTS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OBAGI MEDICAL PRODUCTS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OBAGI MEDICAL PRODUCTS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Obagi Medical Products, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Obagi Medical Products, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Obagi Medical Products, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Obagi Medical Products, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Obagi Medical Products, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. OBAGI MEDICAL PRODUCTS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OBAGI MEDICAL PRODUCTS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OBAGI MEDICAL PRODUCTS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OBAGI MEDICAL PRODUCTS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OBAGI MEDICAL PRODUCTS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OBAGI MEDICAL PRODUCTS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. Major Shareholders
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. History
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. Offices and Representations
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?