- The report contains detailed information about Novogen Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Novogen Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Novogen Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Novogen Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Novogen Limited business.
About Novogen Limited
Novogen Limited, a pharmaceutical company, engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of products based on the emerging field of isoflavonoid technology.
The companys product development program embraces both a range of pharmaceuticals based on a range of phenolic compounds and a range of consumer health care products based on plant compounds known as isoflavones.
Phenoxodiol was being developed by the companys subsidiary Marshall Edwards, Inc. (MEI) as a chemosensitising agent in combination with platinum drugs for late stage, chemoresistant ovarian cancer and as a monotherapy for prostate and cervical cancers.
In June 2010, MEI announced that a final analysis of the Phase III OVATURE trial of orally administered phenoxodiol in women with recurrent ovarian cancer determined that the trial did not show a statistically significant improvement in its primary (progression-free survival) or secondary (overall survival) endpoints.
Triphendiol is a synthetic investigational anti-cancer compound based on an isoflavan ring structure and is being developed by MEI. Similar to phenoxodiol, triphendiol is an inhibitor of signal transduction in cells. Triphendiol completed two Phase I human trials in Australia.
Triphendiol was granted orphan drug status by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of pancreatic cancer and for the treatment of cholangiocarcinoma, or bile duct cancer, as well as for the treatment of Stage IIB through Stage IV malignant melanoma.
In January 2009, MEI announced that triphendiol had been granted an Investigational New Drug (IND) status by the FDA to undertake clinical studies with orally administered triphendiol as a chemotherapy sensitizing agent in combination with gemcitabine in patients with unresectable locally advanced or metastatic pancreatic and bile duct cancers. Based on the results of the OVATRUE study with orally administered phenoxodiol, MEI is developing plans to amend the triphendiol IND to administer triphendiol intravenously.
NV-143 is a derivative of triphendiol and is a potent, pan acting investigational anti-cancer drug. It is active against every melanoma cell line tested to date and is able to sensitize melanoma cell lines to the standard of care drug, dacarbazine, and members of the platinum drug family in laboratory studies.
In 2009, the company entered into a license agreement with Marshall Edwards Pty Limited (MEPL) granting a world-wide, non-transferable licence, under the Novogen patent rights, to conduct clinical trials and commercialise and distribute all forms of administering NV-128, except topical applications. The agreement covers uses of NV-128 in the field of prevention, treatment or cure of cancer in humans. NV-128 is in pre-clinical development stage.
NV-128 is an investigational cancer compound, which has been shown in pre-clinical laboratory studies to promote cancer cell death by targeting the specific protein regulatory pathway (AKT-mTOR pathway) in ovarian cancer cells that have become resistant to various drugs used to kill cancer cells.
GLYC-101 is intended to stimulate and modulate the natural cascade of wound healing activities in various cell populations. The product candidate is a topical gel formulation to be applied directly on the wound surface. The strategic priorities for GLYC-101 include wound healing following laser ablation, burn wounds, surgical wounds, venous ulcers and diabetic ulcers.
Consumer health care
The company offers Promensil and Trinovin, which are dietary supplements that deliver standardized levels of all four isoflavones daidzein, genistein, formononetin, and biochanin. In addition, the company has introduced dietary supplement line extensions, including Promensil Vitality and Promensil Double Strength.
The company has agency agreements to distribute its dietary supplements in Singapore, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, South Africa, Ireland, Austria, Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Portugal, Italy, Malta, Korea, Brazil, and UAE.
Novogen Limited was founded in 1994.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NOVOGEN LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NOVOGEN LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NOVOGEN LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NOVOGEN LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NOVOGEN LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Novogen Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Novogen Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Novogen Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Novogen Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Novogen Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. NOVOGEN LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NOVOGEN LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NOVOGEN LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. AUSTRALIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NOVOGEN LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NOVOGEN LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NOVOGEN LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Novogen Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Novogen Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Novogen Limited Major Shareholders
Novogen Limited History
Novogen Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Novogen Limited Offices and Representations
Novogen Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Novogen Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Novogen Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Novogen Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Novogen Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Novogen Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Novogen Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Novogen Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Novogen Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Novogen Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Novogen Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Novogen Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?