- The report contains detailed information about NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clinical stage specialty pharmaceutical company, engages in the discovery and development of synthetic anti-infective product candidates to treat and prevent a range of infections in hospital and non-hospital environments.
The companys Aganocide compounds are synthetic forms of N-chlorinated antimicrobial molecules, which are anti-infective molecules produced by white blood cells when defending the body against invading pathogens. The company has designed its Aganocide class of compounds to mimic the human bodys natural defense against infection.
Target Indications and Product Candidates
Eye, Ear, Sinus and Contact Lens Solution
The company has entered into a collaboration and license agreement with Alcon Manufacturing Ltd. (Alcon), an affiliate of Alcon, Inc., which provides Alcon with the exclusive rights to develop, manufacture, and commercialize products incorporating its Aganocide compounds for the treatment of eye, ear, and sinus infections, as well as for use in contact lens solutions. The company retains the rights to market, via a third-party co-marketing partner, any products developed for ear or sinus indications in the major Asian markets, including Japan, China, India, and South Korea. Alcon is conducting Phase II human trials of the companys primary compound, NVC-422, for the treatment of viral conjunctivitis, a type of Pink Eye. The viral conjunctivitis trials are under way at 30 medical centers around the U.S.
The company is focused on developing products that would eliminate the need to use antibiotic-based products in the dermatology market. In laboratory testing, its primary Aganocide compound NVC-422 has shown that it kills P. acne, the bacterium associated with inflamed acne lesions, and other known dermal pathogens. The company has been in advanced preclinical development of various formulations for use in the treatment of skin infections. It is conducting Phase II clinical proof of concept studies for the treatment of impetigo, which is a contagious bacterial skin infection and the common skin diseases among children.
In 2009, the company has entered into an agreement with Galderma S.A. to develop and commercialize its Aganocide compounds, which covers acne and impetigo and potentially other dermatological conditions, excluding onychomycosis (nail fungus) and orphan drug indications. The agreement is worldwide in scope, with the exception of Asian markets and North America. In Asian markets, the company has commercialization rights. In North America, the company has an option to exercise co-promotion rights.
The company is conducting various preclinical studies that it would confirm the ability of solutions of NVC-422 to prevent colonization of central venous catheter (CVC) lines by a spectrum of pathogens with a low potential for resistance at safe doses. It is evaluating development of NVC-422 lock solutions for prophylaxis against blood stream infections in dialysis, oncology, and parenteral nutrition, and intends to follow the pre-market approval regulatory path in the United States.
Onychomycosis is a nail dermatophytosis of clinical significance caused by dermatophytes, the fungi that commonly cause skin infections, like Trichophyton rubrum and Trichophyton mentagrophytes. Aganocides, like NVC-422, have been shown in laboratory tests to kill the dermatophytes responsible for Onychomycosis thus providing the company with an opportunity to provide treatment of this disease.
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI)
The company is developing a formulation of NVC-422 that may destroy bacteria in the bladder, as well as controlling bacteria that have formed biofilm with in the catheter, with the intent of keeping the catheter unblocked, referred to as maintaining catheter patency. The company has completed Phase I clinical trials that established the safe and well-tolerated nature of its CAUTI formulation. The company is in Phase IIa clinical trials to explore the therapeutic potential of NVC-422 for the treatment of bacteruria in the bladder under different dosing regimens.
Wound infections prevent wounds from healing and can cause serious bloodstream infections. The company has developed NVC-101, a solution of hypochlorous acid that it has trademarked as NeutroPhase, to meet this problem. It has received two 510K clearances for the marketing of this product as a wound cleanser and debriding agent.
In November 2010, NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Alcon Research Ltd. entered into an amendment to collaboration and license agreement between NovaBay and Alcon.
The company was incorporated in 2000. It was formerly known as NovaCal Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and changed its name to NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in 2007.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NOVABAY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NOVABAY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NOVABAY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NOVABAY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NOVABAY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NOVABAY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NOVABAY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NOVABAY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NOVABAY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NOVABAY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NOVABAY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?