- The report contains detailed information about Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Neurocrine Biosciences Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. business.
About Neurocrine Biosciences Inc.
Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of drugs for the treatment of neurological and endocrine-related diseases and disorders.
The companys product candidates address various pharmaceutical markets, including endometriosis, anxiety, depression, pain, diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome, insomnia, and other neurological and endocrine-related diseases and disorders. It has eight programs in various stages of research and development, including six programs in clinical development.
Elagolix Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone (GnRH) Antagonist
GnRH is a peptide that stimulates the secretion of the pituitary hormones that are responsible for sex steroid production and normal reproductive function. Researchers have found that chronic administration of GnRH agonists, after initial stimulation, reversibly shuts down this transmitter pathway and is clinically useful in treating hormone-dependent diseases, such as endometriosis, uterine fibroids.
During 2009, the second additional Phase IIb trial completed the three-month placebo controlled portion in Central Eastern Europe, which consisted of four arms, elagolix 150mg once daily, elagolix 250mg once daily, Prostap SR 3.75mg (leuprorelin), and placebo.
Corticotropin-Releasing Factor (CRF) Receptor1 Antagonist
The company has CRF antagonist collaboration, a worldwide collaboration with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), to develop and commercialize CRF antagonists for psychiatric, neurological and gastrointestinal diseases. Under the terms of this agreement, GSK sponsored and the company jointly conducted a research program and collaborated in the development of its compounds, as well as back-up candidates and second generation compounds identified through the collaborative research. GSK advanced CRF1 receptor antagonist compounds, 561679, into a Phase II depression study during 2008. GSK has also successfully completed a Phase I single dose escalating clinical trial with 586529, an additional CRF1 receptor antagonist compound.
CRF2 Receptor Peptide Agonist (Urocortin 2)
During 2009, the companys VMAT2 inhibitor completed a Phase I single ascending dose clinical trial in healthy male volunteers in Canada under an approved Clinical Trial Application with Health Canada.
The companys research and development focuses on addressing diseases and disorders of the central nervous system and endocrine system, which include therapeutic categories ranging from diabetes to stress-related disorders and neurodegenerative diseases.
Glucose Dependent Insulin Secretagogues: The companys scientists are optimizing small molecule compounds that act in this way to discover oral therapies for glucose control in diabetes.
Antiepileptic Drugs: Anticonvulsants are utilized in the treatment of epileptic seizures by suppressing the firing of neurons that initiate a seizure. Anticonvulsants also have additional effects within the central nervous system that have proven beneficial in bipolar disease, neuropathic pain and essential tremor.
GnRH Antagonists: GnRH antagonists would be useful in treating certain hormone dependent diseases. The companys discovery work in nonpeptide GnRH antagonists focuses on endometriosis, uterine fibroids, benign prostatic hyperplasia, and oncology indications as it develops additional candidates for preclinical and clinical trials.
Programs Subject to Regulatory Review
Indiplon: The company obtained the rights to indiplon for the treatment of insomnia through a worldwide sublicense agreement that it entered into with DOV Pharmaceutical, Inc. (DOV). Indiplon is a non-benzodiazepine GABAA receptor agonist which acts via the same mechanism as the marketed non-benzodiazepine therapeutics.
Corporate Collaborations and Strategic Alliances
The company has worldwide collaboration with an affiliate of GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) to develop and commercialize CRF antagonists for psychiatric, neurological, and gastrointestinal diseases. It also has a license agreement with Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co. Ltd. (DSP) to develop and commercialize indiplon in Japan.
The companys competitors include Abbott Laboratories, Pfizer, Hoffman-La Roche, Bristol-Myers Squibb, GSK, Eli Lilly, Forest Laboratories, Prometheus Laboratories Inc., Sanofi-Aventis, King Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Sepracor, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company, Janssen, and AstraZeneca.
On June 16, 2010, Abbott Laboratories and Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. announced that they have entered into a collaboration agreement to develop and commercialize elagolix for the treatment of endometriosis-related pain. Elagolix is an oral gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonist, which completed a phase IIb study in endometriosis.
On June 17, 2010, Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. announced that they have established a worldwide collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim to research and develop small molecule GPR119 agonists for the treatment of Type II diabetes and other indications. The companies would work jointly to identify and advance candidates into pre-clinical development. Boehringer Ingelheim is responsible for the global development and commercialization of potential GPR119 agonist products.
Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEUROCRINE BIOSCIENCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEUROCRINE BIOSCIENCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEUROCRINE BIOSCIENCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEUROCRINE BIOSCIENCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEUROCRINE BIOSCIENCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEUROCRINE BIOSCIENCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEUROCRINE BIOSCIENCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEUROCRINE BIOSCIENCES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEUROCRINE BIOSCIENCES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEUROCRINE BIOSCIENCES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEUROCRINE BIOSCIENCES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. Major Shareholders
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. History
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. Offices and Representations
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?