- The report contains detailed information about Neostem, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Neostem, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Neostem, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Neostem, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Neostem, Inc. business.
About Neostem, Inc.
NeoStem, Inc. provides adult stem cell collection, processing, and storage services enabling healthy individuals to donate and store their stem cells for personal therapeutic use in the United States. It also engages in pharmaceuticals business in China.
Adult Stem Cell Business in the U.S.
The company is developing its business in the adult stem cell field to capitalize on the importance that adult stem cells may have in regenerative medicine, with an initial focus on the delivery of therapies for cardiac, orthopedic, wound, cosmetic, and dermatologic indications.
Collection, Processing, and Storage Services
The company provides adult stem cell collection, processing, and storage services in the U.S., enabling healthy individuals to donate and store their stem cells for personal therapeutic use. The companys network of U.S. adult stem cell collection centers is primarily focused on the southern California and Northeast markets.
VSEL Technology and Other Therapeutic Technologies
The company is engaged in research and development of new therapies based on very small embryonic-like stem cells (the VSEL technology) with the University of Louisville Research Foundation (ULRF) and has a worldwide license to the VSEL technology.
Adult Stem Cell Business in China
The company's stem cell-based initiatives in China include developing a pipeline of regenerative medicine therapies, initially focused on orthopedic conditions; developing wellness, cosmetic and anti-aging applications; participating in the medical tourism market for regenerative medical treatments; establishing a network of collection, processing and storage facilities; and engaging in research and development designed to improve and expand its service and product offerings both in the U.S. and in China.
In March 2009, the company acquired a license for Asia to use a process that expands a patients own adult stem cells to treat various musculoskeletal diseases. The licensed procedure, Regenexx, has been developed by a Colorado-based company, Regenerative Sciences, Inc. (RSI). The Regenexx procedure uses autologous mesenchymal stem cells extracted from bone marrow for the treatment of various orthopedic conditions, including osteoarthritis, meniscus tears of the knee, avascular necrosis and bulging lumbar discs. In addition, its agreement with RSI includes consulting services to be provided by RSI to it in the area of stem cell-based orthopedic therapies for the Asia market.
Wellness, Cosmetic & Anti-Aging Applications
The company is developing a program that includes products and therapies, including stem cell-based therapies and health supplements that it intends to offer for wellness, cosmetic and anti-aging applications.
Pharmaceutical Business in China Suzhou Erye Pharmaceuticals Company Ltd. (Erye)
Erye focuses primarily on the manufacturing and sale of antibiotics. Erye has concentrated its efforts on the manufacturing and distribution of generic antibiotic products and has received approximately 160 production certificates covering both antibiotic prescription drugs and active pharmaceutical intermediates (APIs). Erye offers a portfolio of anti-infective drugs, including Acetylspiramycin and Oxacillin Sodium, which are APIs; and Mezlocillin Sodium, Amoxicillin/Sulbactum Sodium, and Cefoperazone/Sulbactum Sodium, which are injectible finished products.
On April 22, 2010, the company and ImmuneRegen BioSciences, Inc. have entered into a collaborative research agreement, focused on the development of an advanced, adult human stem cell product.
On May 05, 2010, Neostem, Inc. announced that collaborative agreement with Enhance Biomedical Holding Corporation for the development of an adult stem cell collection and treatment network in Taiwan and Shanghai, as well as the Chinese provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Fujian, Anhui, and Jiangxi.
The company's direct competitors are domestic pharmaceutical companies and new drug research and development institutes, such as Harbin Pharmaceutical Group Holding Co., Ltd.; Shanghai Asia Pioneer Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd; Shandong Lukang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.; Shandong Luoxin Pharmacy Stock Co. Ltd.; China Pharma Holdings; China Biologic Products; China Sky One Medical; Sinovac Biotech; and Tianyin Pharma. It also identifies competition from Beike Biotechnology Co Ltd. in China.
NeoStem, Inc. was founded in 1980.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEOSTEM, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEOSTEM, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEOSTEM, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEOSTEM, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEOSTEM, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Neostem, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Neostem, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Neostem, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Neostem, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Neostem, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEOSTEM, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEOSTEM, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEOSTEM, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEOSTEM, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEOSTEM, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEOSTEM, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Neostem, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Neostem, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Neostem, Inc. Major Shareholders
Neostem, Inc. History
Neostem, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Neostem, Inc. Offices and Representations
Neostem, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Neostem, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Neostem, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Neostem, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Neostem, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Neostem, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Neostem, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Neostem, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Neostem, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Neostem, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Neostem, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Neostem, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?