- The report contains detailed information about Nektar Therapeutics that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nektar Therapeutics. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nektar Therapeutics financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nektar Therapeutics competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nektar Therapeutics business.
About Nektar Therapeutics
Nektar Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, develops a pipeline of drug candidates that utilize PEGylation and polymer conjugate technology platforms.
The companys proprietary product pipeline is comprised of drug candidates across various therapeutic areas, including oncology, pain, anti-infectives, anti-viral, and immunology. Its research and development activities involve small molecule drugs, peptides, and other potential biologic drug candidates. The companys drug candidates are designed to improve the pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, half-life, bioavailability, and metabolism or distribution of drugs.
Nektar Drug Development Programs and Partnered Drug Development Programs
Oral NKTR-118 and NKTR-119, License Agreement with AstraZeneca AB
Oral NKTR-118 is a peripheral opioid antagonist that is being evaluated for the treatment of opioid-induced constipation.
In September 2009, the company entered into a license agreement with AstraZeneca AB, in which the company granted AstraZeneca a worldwide license to develop, market, and sell Oral NKTR-118 and NKTR-119. NKTR-119 is an early stage drug development program that is intended to combine Oral NKTR-118 with selected opioids, with the goal of treating pain without the side effect of constipation traditionally associated with opioid therapy. AstraZeneca is responsible for all further research and development activities for NKTR-119.
BAY41-6551 (NKTR-061, Amikacin Inhale), Agreement with Bayer Healthcare LLC
The company, in August 2007, entered into a co-development, license and co-promotion agreement with Bayer Healthcare LLC (Bayer) to develop a specially-formulated Amikacin (BAY41-6551, NKTR-061, Amikacin Inhale). The company is responsible for all development of the nebulizer device used in BAY41-6551through the completion of Phase 3 clinical trials and for clinical and commercial manufacturing and supply of the nebulizer device. BAY41-6551 is in clinical development to treat Gram-negative pneumonias, including Hospital-Acquired (HAP), Healthcare-Associated, and Ventilator-Associated pneumonias. This product candidate can be integrated with conventional mechanical ventilators or used as a hand-held off-vent device for patients no longer requiring breathing assistance. This product candidate has completed Phase 2 clinical development.
NKTR-102 (Topoisomerase I inhibitor-polymer conjugate)
The company is in the process of developing NKTR-102, a novel topoisomerase I inhibitor-polymer conjugate that was designed using its advanced polymer conjugate technology platform. This product candidate is in Phase 2 clinical development in multiple cancer indications including breast, colorectal and ovarian. Irinotecan, also known as Camptosar, is a topoisomerase I inhibitor used for the treatment of solid tumors.
NKTR-105 (PEGylated docetaxel)
NKTR-105 is a PEGylated conjugate form of docetaxel, an anti-neoplastic agent belonging to the taxoid family that acts by disrupting the microtubular network in cells. Docetaxel is a major chemotherapy agent approved for use in five different cancer indications: breast, non-small cell lung, prostate, gastric, and head and neck. NKTR-105 is being evaluated in a Phase 1 clinical trial in cancer patients that began in February 2009.
NKTR-181 (abuse deterrent, tamper-resistant opioid)
NKTR-181 is being developed as a safer opioid with reduced potential for abuse engineered using advanced polymer conjugation technology platform. By regulating entry of the drug into the CNS, this polymer-conjugate opioid drug candidate is designed to have potent analgesia with the potential for fewer side effects associated with sedation, a reduced risk of death due to respiratory depression, and less euphoria associated with administration, resulting in an abuse-deterrent analgesic. This program is in the early stages of research and preclinical development.
NKTR-194 (non-scheduled opioid)
NKTR-194 is an opioid designed using advanced polymer conjugation technology platform to be totally excluded from the CNS and therefore act only against peripheral pain. This program is in the early stages of research and preclinical development.
NKTR-171 (tricyclic antidepressant-polymer conjugate)
NKTR-171 is a drug candidate designed to treat neuropathic pain without the CNS side effects associated with the use of tricyclic antidepressants. The product is being developed using advanced polymer conjugate technology to near totally preclude the drug from penetrating the CNS. This program is in the early stages of research and preclinical development.
NKTR-140 (protease inhibitor-polymer conjugate)
NKTR-140 is a protease inhibitor product candidate to treat human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), which can lead to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or AIDS. The product candidate was developed using advanced small molecule polymer conjugate technology. This program is in the early stages of research and preclinical development.
The company has collaborations and license, manufacturing and supply agreements for its technology with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, including Affymax, Inc.; Amgen Baxter; F. Hoffmann-La Roche; Merck & Co., Inc. (formerly Schering Plough); Pfizer, Inc.; and UCB Pharma. The company also has a collaboration with Bayer Healthcare LLC to develop BAY41-6551 (NKTR-061, Amikacin Inhale), which is an inhaled solution of amikacin, an aminoglycoside antibiotic.
In the fields of PEGylation and advanced polymer conjugate technologies, the companys competitors include The Dow Chemical Company, Enzon Pharmaceuticals, Inc., SunBio Corporation, Novo Nordisk A/S (formerly assets held by Neose Technologies, Inc.), Mountain View Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and NOF Corporation. Its competitors also include Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Pfizer (formerly Wyeth), Adolor Corporation, GlaxoSmithKline, Mundipharma Int. Limited, Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Alkermes and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited.
Nektar Therapeutics was founded in 1990.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nektar Therapeutics Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nektar Therapeutics and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nektar Therapeutics and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nektar Therapeutics Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nektar Therapeutics Industry Position Analysis
6. NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nektar Therapeutics Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nektar Therapeutics Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nektar Therapeutics Major Shareholders
Nektar Therapeutics History
Nektar Therapeutics Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nektar Therapeutics Offices and Representations
Nektar Therapeutics SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nektar Therapeutics Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nektar Therapeutics Capital Market Snapshot
Nektar Therapeutics Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Nektar Therapeutics Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nektar Therapeutics Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nektar Therapeutics Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nektar Therapeutics 1-year Stock Charts
Nektar Therapeutics 5-year Stock Charts
Nektar Therapeutics vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nektar Therapeutics vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nektar Therapeutics Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?