- The report contains detailed information about Nanosphere, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nanosphere, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nanosphere, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nanosphere, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nanosphere, Inc. business.
About Nanosphere, Inc.
Nanosphere, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets a molecular diagnostics platform, the Verigene System that enables genomic and protein testing on a single platform. The company is developing diagnostic tests for markers which reveal the existence of various medical conditions, including cardiovascular, respiratory, cancer, autoimmune, neurodegenerative and other infectious diseases, as well as for pharmacogenomics.
The Verigene System is a bench-top molecular diagnostics workstation that is a universal platform for genomic and protein testing. The Verigene System provides for multiple tests to be performed on a single platform, including both genomic and protein assays.
The Verigene System comprises a microfluidics processor, a touchscreen reader, and disposable test cartridges. The microfluidics processor interacts with and manipulates various functional components of the test cartridge, accomplishing necessary steps, including target binding to the nucleic acid or protein array, nanoparticle probe hybridization, intermediate washes, and signal amplification. The reader houses the optical detection module that illuminates the test slide and automated spot recognition software that analyzes the resulting signal intensities and provides the test results. The reader also serves as the control station for the Verigene System and features a touchscreen interface that allows users to track samples and test cartridges, initiate and monitor test processing, analyze results and generate reports. The reader is Web-enabled to allow remote access to results and reports.
Hyper-coagulation: The companys hyper-coagulation panel consists of a multiplex of three genetic markers. This test enables the direct detection of mutations associated with a pre-disposition to blood clots.
Warfarin Metabolism: The companys warfarin metabolism assay received clearance for use on the original Verigene System. Its warfarin metabolism panel detects three genetic markers that play a critical role in metabolizing warfarin and determining an individuals sensitivity to the drug.
Cystic Fibrosis: The companys cystic fibrosis assay received clearance for use on the original Verigene System. This assay provides a multiplex panel for the detection of mutations in the CFTR gene that contribute to a higher risk of cystic fibrosis. The companys direct detection method enables detection of each of the 23 CFTR gene mutations related to cystic fibrosis.
Respiratory Virus Panel: The company has received clearance for the commercial sale of its respiratory panel for use on the original Verigene System which detects the presence of influenza A and B, as well as respiratory syncitial virus (RSV) A and B. The companys respiratory panel provides physicians with determination of which virus is present which helps guide the appropriate therapy. It has received clearance of its second generation respiratory panel for use on the Verigene SP. It also received clearance for a label change for this assay confirming that the H1N1 virus is detected as a positive Influenza A when using clinical isolates running its respiratory assay on the Verigene SP.
Hereditary Hemochromatosis (HFE): The company has submitted 510(k) for its HFE assay for use on the original Verigene System. Mutations in the HFE gene are associated with hemochromatosis, which is the cause of iron overload disease.
Cytochrome P450 2C19: The companys 2C19 assay is for the detection of mutations that lead to deficiency in the metabolism of clopidogrel, commonly known by the trade name Plavix. Clopidogrel is metabolized through the Cytochrome P-450 family of genes.
Blood Stream Infection: The company is developing three blood stream infection panels for the earlier determination of specific bacterium present within patients with blood stream infections. Under development are gram positive, gram negative and fungal panels. These assays are designed to enable physicians to pinpoint bacterial strains infecting patients and thus prescribe the most appropriate antibiotic regimen within the first 24 hours rather than after several days.
The companys initial assay development efforts are focused on the earlier detection of disease through application of its ultra-sensitive protein detection technology to existing biomarkers. The following assays are in development:
Cardiac Troponin I: The first ultra-sensitive protein test the company intends to commercialize is for cardiac troponin I (cTnI), which is the gold standard biomarker for diagnosis of the occurrence of myocardial infarction or heart attack and identification of patients at risk for acute coronary syndrome. This assay is for the detection of cTnI in patients suspected of having cardiovascular disease. Troponin I is a protein that is found in cardiac muscle and is released when the heart is injured, for instance during a myocardial infarction.
Prostate Specific Antigen Recurrent Prostate Cancer: This assay is designed to detect a recurrence of prostate cancer following prostate removal, a standard treatment for prostate cancer.
Connective-tissue: The company is developing a multiplexed protein test for the detection of rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and other connective tissue diseases. This assay combines the testing for multiple proteins on a single cartridge with higher sensitivity that enables earlier detection of disease. Additionally, the company has proprietary biomarkers in research.
Biomarker Validation: The company is also applying its ultra-sensitive protein detection methods to the development of tests for both established protein biomarkers, as well as the validation of protein targets that may lead to earlier detection of medical conditions, including in the areas of autoimmune diseases, allergies, cancers, and neurodegenerative disorders.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NANOSPHERE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NANOSPHERE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NANOSPHERE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NANOSPHERE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NANOSPHERE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nanosphere, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nanosphere, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nanosphere, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nanosphere, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nanosphere, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NANOSPHERE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NANOSPHERE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NANOSPHERE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NANOSPHERE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NANOSPHERE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NANOSPHERE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nanosphere, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nanosphere, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nanosphere, Inc. Major Shareholders
Nanosphere, Inc. History
Nanosphere, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nanosphere, Inc. Offices and Representations
Nanosphere, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nanosphere, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nanosphere, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Nanosphere, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Nanosphere, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nanosphere, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nanosphere, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nanosphere, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Nanosphere, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Nanosphere, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nanosphere, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nanosphere, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?