- The report contains detailed information about Myriad Genetics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Myriad Genetics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Myriad Genetics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Myriad Genetics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Myriad Genetics Inc. business.
About Myriad Genetics Inc.
Myriad Genetics, Inc., a molecular diagnostic company, focuses on the development and marketing of predictive medicine, personalized medicine, and prognostic medicine products.
As of June 30, 2010, the company had launched eight commercial molecular diagnostic products, including four predictive medicine, three personalized medicine, and one prognostic medicine product. It markets these products through its own person sales force in the United States and it has entered into marketing collaborations with other organizations in selected foreign countries.
Molecular Diagnostic Products
The companys molecular diagnostic products are designs to analyze genes and their mutations to assess an individuals risk for developing disease later in life, determine a patients likelihood of responding to a particular drug, assess a patients risk of disease progression and disease recurrence, and measure a patients exposure to drug therapy to ensure optimal dosing and reduced drug toxicity. Its commercial molecular diagnostic products are as follows:
BRACAnalysis: This is a predictive medicine product for hereditary breast and ovarian cancer. BRACAnalysis is an analysis of the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes for assessing a womans risk of developing hereditary breast and ovarian cancer.
COLARIS: This is a predictive medicine product for hereditary colorectal cancer and uterine cancer. COLARIS is an analysis of the MLH1, MSH2, and MSH6 genes for assessing a persons risk of developing colorectal cancer or uterine cancer.
COLARIS AP: This is a predictive medicine product for colon cancer. COLARIS AP detects mutations in the APC and MYH genes, which cause a colon polyp-forming syndrome known as familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP). The company owns or has licensed rights to nine U.S. patents covering COLARIS AP.
MELARIS: This is a predictive medicine product for melanoma. MELARIS analyzes mutations in the p16 gene to determine genetic susceptibility to malignant melanoma, a form of skin cancer.
THERAGUIDE 5-FU: This is a personalized medicine product for chemotherapy toxicity. THERAGUIDE 5-FU analyzes mutations in the DPYD gene and variations in the TYMS gene for THERAGUIDE 5-FU have an increased risk of suffering toxicity from 5-FU chemotherapy and should be considered for either a reduced dose of 5-FU or other chemotherapy regimens. 5-FU is prescribed for the treatment of colorectal cancer, metastatic breast cancer, skin cancer, and head and neck cancers.
OnDose: This is a personalized medicine product for colon cancer. OnDose is a nanoparticle immuno assay that assists oncologists in optimizing infusional 5-FU therapy on an individual basis. OnDose provides pharmacokinetic data to the oncologist to guide dose adjustments of 5-FU to ensure the potential cancer is being treated appropriately with reduced side effects and toxicity.
PREZEON: This is a personalized and prognostic medicine product for cancer. PREZEON is an immunohistochemistry test that analyzes the PTEN gene and assesses loss of PTEN function in various cancer types. The PTEN gene plays a role in the disease progression of the four major cancers breast, prostate, colon, and lung cancer. The PTEN gene also plays a critical role in cell signaling pathways that are the target of various cancer drugs, such as EGFR inhibitors and mTOR inhibitors, and PIK3CA inhibitor.
PROLARIS: This is a prognostic medicine product for prostate cancer. PROLARIS is a 46-gene molecular diagnostic assay that quantitatively determines the risk of prostate cancer recurrence in patients who have undergone prostatectomy surgery and assists the physician in assessing whether a mans prostate cancer is aggressive or slow growing. PROLARIS is based on the understanding of cell division and tumor growth and provides rigorous, quantitative measures of the expression levels of multiple genes related to progression of the cell cycle.
The company has entered into separate license agreements with the University of Utah Research Foundation, Endorecherche, Inc., The Hospital for Sick Children, and The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania for rights to utilize certain intellectual property rights of the respective BRAC Licensors, including issued patents that relate to the BRCA2 gene, on a worldwide basis.
The company has also entered into a license agreement with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Inc., Oregon Health Sciences University, University of Vermont, and State Agricultural College and Yale University for the rights to utilize certain intellectual property rights of the Colaris Licensors, including issued patents that relate to the MLH1, MLH2, and PMS1 genes, on a worldwide basis.
The company has entered into a license agreement with Genzyme Corporation (Genzyme) for the rights to utilize certain intellectual property rights of Genzyme, including issued patents that relate to the MSH2 gene, on a worldwide basis.
The company has also entered into separate license agreements with the University of Wales and Human Genome Sciences, Inc. (HGSI) respectively for the rights to certain intellectual property rights of the respective licensors, including issued patents that relate to the MYH gene, on a worldwide basis.
Myriad Genetics, Inc. was founded in 1991.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Myriad Genetics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Myriad Genetics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Myriad Genetics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Myriad Genetics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Myriad Genetics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Myriad Genetics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Myriad Genetics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Myriad Genetics Inc. Major Shareholders
Myriad Genetics Inc. History
Myriad Genetics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Myriad Genetics Inc. Offices and Representations
Myriad Genetics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Myriad Genetics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Myriad Genetics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Myriad Genetics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Myriad Genetics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Myriad Genetics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Myriad Genetics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Myriad Genetics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Myriad Genetics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Myriad Genetics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Myriad Genetics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Myriad Genetics Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?