- The report contains detailed information about Morphosys AG that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Morphosys AG. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Morphosys AG financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Morphosys AG competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Morphosys AG business.
About Morphosys AG
MorphoSys AG, a biotechnology company, engages in the development and application of technologies for the production of synthetic antibodies, which accelerate drug discovery and target characterization.
The Company possesses HuCAL technology (the Human Combinatorial Antibody Library). This library comprises around ten billion different, fully human antibodies. HuCAL is a very powerful technology, which allows rapid and automated production of high-affinity antibodies. The most important feature of the library is its capability of optimizing fully human antibodies to meet pre-defined specifications.
MorphoSys commercializes its proprietary HuCAL GOLD technology by developing antibodies for use as therapeutic antibodies or reagents for target research. In its therapeutic antibody collaborations, MorphoSys produces optimized human antibodies for its partners according to their specifications. MorphoSys generates and optimizes the antibodies, whereas the partner is responsible for pre-clinical and clinical development.
Partnered Product Pipeline
MorphoSys partnered product pipeline comprises approximately 25 antibody programs within its partnerships in the U.S.A., Europe and Israel. MorphoSys list of partners includes a roster of blue-chip biotechnology and pharmaceutical firms renowned for their antibody expertise, such as Bayer, Centocor/Johnson&Johnson, Novartis, Pfizer, Roche and Schering.
MorphoSys Proprietary Product-Pipeline
MorphoSys is developing fully human antibody compounds in the indications of inflammation, cancer and infectious diseases and intends to partner these compounds before the start of clinical development.
MOR101 and MOR102 (ICAM-1)
MOR 101 and MOR 102 are fully human HuCAL GOLD antibodies directed against the inflammation target ICAM-1 (intercellular adhesion molecule-1), also known as CD54.
MOR 101, a Fab fragment, would be developed in skin burn (deep dermal burn), and is expected to fill a significant medical need, as there are presently no drugs specifically directed at treating this indication.
MOR 102, an IgG antibody, would target psoriasis initially, with the prospect that the drug can also be developed in indications such as rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, diabetic retinopathy, and others.
MOR101 and MOR102: MorphoSys offers for partnering its lead programs, MOR101/MOR102, two families of HuCAL (Human Combinatorial Antibody Library)-derived antibodies targeting the intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1). ICAM-1, as a key player in inflammation pathways, is an attractive therapeutic target for diseases with strong inflammatory components, including rheumatoid arthritis (RA), psoriasis, Crohn's disease, diabetic retinopathy, deep dermal burn and others.
MOR202 are fully human HuCAL GOLD antibodies directed against CD38, an attractive target for the treatment of multiple myeloma and certain leukemias.
Pre-clinical Results for MOR202
In October 2004, MorphoSys presented first promising animal data from pre-clinical studies of the anti-cancer antibody program MOR202, at the 11th Human Antibodies & Hybridomas Conference in Dublin, Ireland. The antibodies were initially characterized in detail in different in vitro assays. Using cell lines of specific hematologic cancer types and in primary patient tumor material, it was demonstrated that the antibodies are able to kill cancer cells efficiently. MOR202 antibodies also proved to be effective in an in vivo animal model for investigating multiple myeloma.
The company has entered into a research collaboration with Genesis Research & Development Corp., Ltd. Genesis would continue to use HuCAL-based antibodies originally generated by the MorphoSys business unit and Serotec against the human fibroblast growth factor receptor FGFR5 for target validation and pre-clinical studies as part of its proprietary Zyrogen program. In this program, Genesis is investigating the development of therapeutic antibodies specific for the target molecule FGFR5, which is implicated in various autoimmune and bone-related diseases.
The company has formed an alliance
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MORPHOSYS AG COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MORPHOSYS AG BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MORPHOSYS AG SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MORPHOSYS AG FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MORPHOSYS AG COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Morphosys AG Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Morphosys AG and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Morphosys AG and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Morphosys AG Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Morphosys AG Industry Position Analysis
6. MORPHOSYS AG NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MORPHOSYS AG EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MORPHOSYS AG ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. GERMANY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MORPHOSYS AG IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MORPHOSYS AG PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MORPHOSYS AG VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Morphosys AG Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Morphosys AG Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Morphosys AG Major Shareholders
Morphosys AG History
Morphosys AG Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Morphosys AG Offices and Representations
Morphosys AG SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Morphosys AG Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Morphosys AG Capital Market Snapshot
Morphosys AG Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Morphosys AG Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Morphosys AG Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Morphosys AG Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Morphosys AG 1-year Stock Charts
Morphosys AG 5-year Stock Charts
Morphosys AG vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Morphosys AG vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Morphosys AG Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?