- The report contains detailed information about Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. business.
About Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biotechnology company, specializes in the characterization and process engineering of complex molecules. These complex molecules include proteins, polypeptides, and cell surface polysaccharides, like heparan-sulfate proteoglycans, or HSPGs.
The companys advanced complex generic product candidate, M-Enoxaparin, is designed to be a generic version of Lovenox. An ANDA (Abbreviated New Drug Applications) for M-Enoxaparin is under FDA review. Lovenox is a prescribed LMWH used for the prevention and treatment of DVT and to support the treatment of ACS (acute coronary syndromes). Lovenox is distributed worldwide by Sanofi-Aventis and is also known outside the United States as Clexane and Klexane.
M356 is designed to be a generic version of Copaxone, also known as glatiramer acetate, a complex drug consisting of a mixture of polypeptide chains. Copaxone is indicated for reduction of the frequency of relapses in patients with RRMS (Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis). Multiple sclerosis is a chronic disease of the central nervous system characterized by inflammation and neurodegeneration. Under 2006 Sandoz Collaboration, the company and Sandoz AG agreed to jointly develop, manufacture, and commercialize M356.
Follow-On Biologics (FOBs) Program
The company also applies its technology platform to the development of FOBs, including either generic or biosimilar versions of marketed therapeutic proteins. Most of these products are complex glycoprotein mixtures, consisting of proteins that contain branched sugars that vary from molecule to molecule. These sugars can impart specific biological properties to the glycoprotein drug and can often comprise a significant portion of the mass of the molecule.
The companys novel drug HSPG-based product candidate, M118, is being developed as an anticoagulant for ACS. M118 is a LMWH which has been rationally designed to capture, in a single therapy, the positive attributes of both unfractionated heparin (reversibility, monitorability and broad inhibition of the coagulation cascade) and LMWH (low molecular weight heparin) (adequate bioavailability and predictable pharmacokinetics to allow for convenient subcutaneous administration).
M402 is a HSPG-based product candidate and is engineered to have potent anti-cancer properties and low anticoagulant activity. HSPGs are complex molecules present in the tumor microenvironment which play a role in the conversion of normal cells into cancerous cells and present growth factors, cytokines, and chemokines necessary for tumor cell growth, migration, and survival.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology: The company has a patent license agreement with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, or M.I.T., pertaining to the characterization and synthesis of polysaccharides for the purpose of researching, developing, and commercializing products (other than sequencing machines) and processes under the licensed patents.
The company faces competition from Copaxone, which is marketed by Teva Neuroscience, Inc. in the U.S. and co-promoted by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. and Sanofi-Aventis in Europe.
There are other products that compete with Copaxone in the United States. These include Rebif (interferon-beta-1a), which is co-promoted by EMD Serono Inc., a subsidiary of Merck Serono, a divison of Merck KGaA, and Pfizer Inc. in the U.S. and is marketed by Merck Serono in the European Union; Avonex (interferon beta-1a) and Tysabri (natalizumab) which are both marketed worldwide by Biogen Idec Inc., and Betaseron (interferon-beta-1b), which is marketed by Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc., the U.S. pharmaceuticals affiliate of Bayer Schering Pharma AG, in the U.S. and is marketed under the name Betaferon by Bayer Schering Pharma, a division of Bayer AG, in the European Union. Potential competitors with broad glycobiology capabilities include Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Keryx Pharmaceuticals, and Pro-Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 2001.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MOMENTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MOMENTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MOMENTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MOMENTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MOMENTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MOMENTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MOMENTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MOMENTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MOMENTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MOMENTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MOMENTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. Major Shareholders
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. History
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. Offices and Representations
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?