- The report contains detailed information about Micromet, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Micromet, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Micromet, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Micromet, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Micromet, Inc. business.
About Micromet, Inc.
Micromet, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of antibody-based therapies for the treatment of cancer. The companys product development pipeline includes antibodies generated with its proprietary BiTE antibody platform, as well as conventional monoclonal antibodies.
The companys product pipeline consists of BiTE antibodies and conventional monoclonal antibodies that use different approaches to treating cancer, inflammation, and autoimmune diseases.
Blinatumomab (MT103): The companys primary product candidate is the BiTE antibody blinatumomab, also known as MT103. Blinatumomab targets the human protein molecule CD19, which is expressed on the surface of tumor cells of certain cancers. Blinatumomab has completed a phase 2 clinical trial in patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Based on the results of this trial, the company intends to initiate a European pivotal clinical trial of blinatumomab in ALL patients. The company is also evaluating blinatumomab in an ongoing phase 1 clinical trial for the treatment of patients with non-Hodgkins lymphoma (NHL).
MT110: The companys second clinical-stage BiTE antibody MT110, is in a phase 1 clinical trial for the treatment of patients with solid tumors. MT110 targets the epithelial cell adhesion molecule (EpCAM), which is overexpressed in various solid tumors.
MT111: The company is developing a BiTE antibody MT111 targeting carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), for the treatment of solid tumors in collaboration with MedImmune. Under the terms of the collaboration agreement with MedImmune, the company has retained the commercialization rights to MT111 in Europe.
BiTE Antibodies in Early Development: The company has various other BiTE antibody candidates, which are in early stages of development, including BiTE antibodies binding to CD33, epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), and non-disclosed solid tumor target antigens that are the subject of collaborations with Bayer Schering Pharma AG and sanofi-aventis, as well as other non-disclosed antigens.
Adecatumumab (MT201): The companys advanced conventional monoclonal antibody is adecatumumab, also known as MT201, which binds to EpCAM and is being developed under a collaboration with Merck Serono International S.A. The company is evaluating this antibody in a randomized phase 2 clinical trial for the treatment of patients with colorectal carcinoma after complete resection of liver metastases.
MT203: MT203, a human antibody neutralizing the activity of granulocyte/macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF), which has potential applications in the treatment of various inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, or multiple sclerosis, is under development in a phase 1 clinical trial being conducted by its collaboration partner Nycomed A/S.
MT293: The companys monoclonal antibody MT293, also known as TRC093, is a humanized, anti-metastatic and anti-angiogenic monoclonal antibody for the treatment of patients with solid tumors. It is being developed in a phase 1 clinical trial for the treatment of patients with cancer. It has entered into an agreement with TRACON Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (TRACON), under which it granted TRACON a worldwide license to develop and commercialize MT293.
MT228: MT228 is a human IgM monoclonal antibody binding to a cell-surface antigen present on human melanomas and tumors of neuroectodermal origin. The company has licensed the right to develop and commercialize MT228 to Morphotek, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Eisai Co., Ltd.
MT204: MT204 is a humanized antibody that has the potential to treat various acute and chronic inflammatory diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, acute transplant rejection, uveitis, psoriasis, and multiple sclerosis. The company designed MT204 to neutralize interleukin-2 (IL-2), an inflammation-causing cytokine which controls activation of T cells and natural killer cells. MT204 is in preclinical development.
The company has entered into a research and license agreement with Biovation Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, under which Biovation used their proprietary technology and generated certain variants of the anti-CD3 single-chain antibody used in the companys BiTE antibodies with the aim of limiting the likelihood of potential immune responses upon administration of such molecules to human beings.
The company has entered into a cross-license agreement with Enzon Pharmaceuticals, Inc., relating to each partys portfolio of patents relating to single-chain antibodies and their use in the treatment of disease.
In November 2010, Micromet, Inc. announced plans to advance the company's BiTE antibody MT112/BAY 2010112 into formal preclinical development in collaboration with Bayer Schering Pharma AG.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MICROMET, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MICROMET, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MICROMET, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MICROMET, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MICROMET, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Micromet, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Micromet, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Micromet, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Micromet, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Micromet, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MICROMET, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MICROMET, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MICROMET, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MICROMET, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MICROMET, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MICROMET, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Micromet, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Micromet, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Micromet, Inc. Major Shareholders
Micromet, Inc. History
Micromet, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Micromet, Inc. Offices and Representations
Micromet, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Micromet, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Micromet, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Micromet, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Micromet, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Micromet, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Micromet, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Micromet, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Micromet, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Micromet, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Micromet, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Micromet, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?