- The report contains detailed information about Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mettler-Toledo International, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. business.
About Mettler-Toledo International, Inc.
Mettler-Toledo International Inc. supplies precision instruments and services worldwide. The company provides weighing instruments for use in laboratory, industrial, and food retailing applications.
The company also provides analytical instruments for use in life science, reaction engineering and real-time analytic systems used in drug and chemical compound development and process analytics instruments used for in-line measurement in production processes. In addition, it supplies end-of-line inspection systems used in production and packaging for food, pharmaceutical, and other industries.
The companys segments include the U.S. Operations, Swiss Operations, Western European Operations, Chinese Operations, and Other. It manufactures a range of precision instruments and provides value-added services to its customers.
The company makes a range of precision laboratory instruments, including laboratory balances, pipettes, titrators, thermal analysis systems, and other analytical instruments.
The company markets a range of product tiers offering various levels of functionality. It also manufactures mass comparators, which are used by weights and measures regulators, as well as laboratories for the accuracy of reference weights. Laboratory balances are primarily used in the pharmaceutical, food, chemical, cosmetics and other industries.
The company offers Quantos, an automated powder dosing solution for small sample sizes, which is controlled and monitored by the balance. The Quantos dosing system offers automated measuring performance of 200 grams to 0.005 milligrams.
The company operates its pipette business with the Rainin brand name. Rainin develops, manufactures, and distributes pipettes, tips and accessories, including single and multi-channel manual and electronic pipettes. Rainin maintains service centers in the key markets where customers periodically send their pipettes for certified recalibrations. Its principal end markets are pharmaceutical, biotech and academia.
The companys titrators are multi-tasking models, which would perform two determinations simultaneously on multiple vessels. Its offering includes robotics to automate routine work in quality control applications.
Thermal analysis systems measure material properties as a function of temperature, such as weight, dimension, energy flow and viscoelastic properties. Thermal analysis systems are used in the plastics and polymer industries and primarily in the pharmaceutical industry.
pH meters measure acidity in laboratory samples. The company also sells density and refractometry instruments, which measure chemical concentrations in solutions. In addition, the company manufactures and sells moisture analyzers, which precisely determine the moisture content of a sample by utilizing an infrared dryer to evaporate moisture.
The companys LabX, a PC-based laboratory software platform, manages and analyzes data generated by its balances, titrators, pH meters, moisture analyzers, and other analytical instruments. LabX provides network capability; has protocols, and enables customers to collect and archive data in compliance with the U.S. Food and Drug Administrations traceability requirements for electronically stored data (also known as 21 CFR Part 11).
Automated Chemistry Solutions
The companys automated chemistry solutions focus on selected applications in the chemical and drug discovery process. Its automated lab reactors and in situ analysis systems are considered integral to the process development and scale-up activities of its customers. Its on-line measurement technologies based on infrared and laser light scattering enables customers to monitor chemical reactions and crystallization processes in real time in the lab and plant.
The companys process analytics business provides instruments for the in-line measurement of liquid parameters used primarily in the production process of pharmaceutical, biotech, beverage, microelectronics, chemical and refining companies. The company p
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. METTLER-TOLEDO INTERNATIONAL, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. METTLER-TOLEDO INTERNATIONAL, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. METTLER-TOLEDO INTERNATIONAL, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. METTLER-TOLEDO INTERNATIONAL, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. METTLER-TOLEDO INTERNATIONAL, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. METTLER-TOLEDO INTERNATIONAL, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. METTLER-TOLEDO INTERNATIONAL, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. METTLER-TOLEDO INTERNATIONAL, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWITZERLAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. METTLER-TOLEDO INTERNATIONAL, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. METTLER-TOLEDO INTERNATIONAL, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. METTLER-TOLEDO INTERNATIONAL, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. Major Shareholders
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. History
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. Offices and Representations
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?