- The report contains detailed information about Merck & Co. Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Merck & Co. Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Merck & Co. Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Merck & Co. Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Merck & Co. Inc. business.
About Merck & Co. Inc.
Merck & Co., Inc., a health care company, delivers health solutions through its medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, and consumer and animal products.
The companys operations are principally managed on a products basis and are comprised of one segment, which is the Pharmaceutical segment. The Pharmaceutical segment includes human health pharmaceutical and vaccine products marketed either directly by the company or through joint ventures. Human health pharmaceutical products consist of therapeutic and preventive agents, sold by prescription, for the treatment of human disorders.
The company sells these human health pharmaceutical products primarily to drug wholesalers and retailers, hospitals, government agencies, and managed health care providers, such as health maintenance organizations, pharmacy benefit managers, and other institutions.
The companys vaccine products consist of preventative pediatric, adolescent and adult vaccines, primarily administered at physician offices. The company sells these human health vaccines primarily to physicians, wholesalers, physician distributors, and government entities.
The company also has animal health operations that discover, develop, manufacture, and market animal health products, including vaccines. Additionally, the company has consumer health care operations that develop, manufacture and market Over-the-Counter (OTC), foot care and sun care products, which are sold through wholesale and retail drug, food chain and mass merchandiser outlets in the United States and Canada.
The companys pharmaceutical products include therapeutic and preventive agents, sold by prescription, for the treatment of human disorders. Among these are:
Bone, Respiratory, Immunology and Dermatology: The company offers Singulair; Remicade; Fosamax; Nasonex; Propecia (finasteride), a product for the treatment of male pattern hair loss; Clarinex (desloratadine), a non-sedating antihistamine for the treatment of allergic rhinitis; Arcoxia (etoricoxib) for the treatment of arthritis and pain; and Asmanex Twisthaler (mometasone furoate inhalation powder), an oral dry-powder corticosteroid inhaler for first-line maintenance treatment of asthma.
Cardiovascular Disease: Zetia (marketed as Ezetrol outside the United States); Vytorin (marketed as Inegy outside the United States) and Integrilin (eptifibatide) Injection, a platelet receptor GP IIb/IIIa inhibitor for the treatment of patients with acute coronary syndrome and those undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention in the United States, as well as for the prevention of early myocardial infarction in patients with acute coronary syndrome in most countries.
Diabetes and Obesity: The company offers Januvia and Janumet.
Infectious Disease: The company offers Isentress; Primaxin; Cancidas (caspofungin acetate), an anti-fungal product; PegIntron; Invanz (ertapenem sodium) for the treatment of certain infections; Avelox (moxifloxacin), which the company only markets in the United States, a fluoroquinolone antibiotic for certain respiratory and skin infections; Crixivan (indinavir sulfate) and Stocrin (efavirenz), antiretroviral therapies for the treatment of HIV infection; and Rebetol (ribavirin, USP) Capsules and Oral Solution for use in combination with PegIntron or Intron A (interferon alpha-2b, recombinant) for treating chronic hepatitis C.
Mature Brands: The company offers Cozaar (losartan potassium); Hyzaar (losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide;, Vasotec (enalapril maleate) and Vaseretic (enalapril maleate-hydrochlorothiazide), the Companys most significant hypertension and/or heart failure products; Zocor; Proscar (finasteride), a urology product for the treatment of symptomatic benign prostate enlargement; Claritin Rx; and Proventil HFA (albuterol) inhalation aerosol for the relief of bronchospasm in patients 12 years or older.
Neurosciences and Ophthalmology: The company offers Maxalt (rizatriptan benzoate), an acute migraine product; Cosopt and Trusopt, Mercks ophthalmological products; Remeron (mirtazapine), an antidepressant; Subutex, a sublingual tablet formulation of buprenorphine; a
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MERCK & CO. INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MERCK & CO. INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MERCK & CO. INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MERCK & CO. INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MERCK & CO. INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Merck & Co. Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Merck & Co. Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Merck & Co. Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Merck & Co. Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Merck & Co. Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MERCK & CO. INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MERCK & CO. INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MERCK & CO. INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MERCK & CO. INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MERCK & CO. INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MERCK & CO. INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Merck & Co. Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Merck & Co. Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Merck & Co. Inc. Major Shareholders
Merck & Co. Inc. History
Merck & Co. Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Merck & Co. Inc. Offices and Representations
Merck & Co. Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Merck & Co. Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Merck & Co. Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Merck & Co. Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Merck & Co. Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Merck & Co. Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Merck & Co. Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Merck & Co. Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Merck & Co. Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Merck & Co. Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Merck & Co. Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Merck & Co. Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?