- The report contains detailed information about MediGene AG that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MediGene AG. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MediGene AG financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MediGene AG competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MediGene AG business.
About MediGene AG
MediGene AG (the company) is a German-American biotechnology company located in Martinsried, Germany and San Diego, USA. MediGene has the most mature drug development pipeline in the German biotech industry and possesses innovative platform technologies. With Eligard® (previously known as Leuprogel®) for the treatment of prostate cancer, MediGene is the first German biotech company with an approved drug on the verge of market launch. MediGene's core competence lies in research and development of novel approaches for the treatment of various tumor diseases.
Eligard® (previously Leuprogel®) for the treatment of prostate cancer
Eligard® (previously known as Leuprogel®) combines standard hormone therapy with a new and particularly effective form of administering that is gentle on the patient: Atrigel depot technology. The liquid Eligard® is injected under the skin of the patient, where it forms a depot. The biodegradable depot matrix is slowly dissolved in the body and continually releases the active ingredient.
MediGene has exclusive marketing rights in Europe for four products based on Eligard® to treat advanced prostate cancer. In December 2003, MediGene has received the German approval for Eligard®. MediGene will submit marketing authorization applications in other European countries as well. MediGene's partner Yamanouchi will take on marketing of Eligard® in Europe.
Polyphenon®E for the treatment of genital warts
In Polyphenon®E, MediGene has a natural ingredient at the clinical trial stage which is extracted from the leaves of green tea. At the end of 2001, a phase 2/3 study of this drug candidate was completed with highly promising results. The recovery rate was 59%. The relapse rate of the patients, whose therapy had been successful, was very low at 12.5%. At present, MediGene is carrying through a phase 3 clinical study in Europe and America, involving almost 1,000 patients.
NV1020 for the treatment of liver metastases
NV1020 is a modified herpes simplex type 1 virus (HSV) that has been genetically engineered to replicate aggressively in cancer cells to kill them while sparing normal cells. A phase 1 clinical study to evaluate NV1020 for the liver metastases of colorectal cancer has been completed at Memorial Sloan Kettering Medical Center in New York.
AAV-vaccine for the treatment of malignant melanoma
MediGene, in cooperation with the pharmaceuticals company Aventis, is developing a tumor vaccine for the treatment of malignant melanoma on the basis of rAAV technology. The tumor vaccine is produced from the patient's own tumor cells into which immunostimulating genes are introduced with the help of recombinant (i.e. genetically altered) adeno-associated viruses (rAAV). This is intended to stimulate the immune system of the patient in order to combat the malignant tumor cells. The project is currently at the clinical phase 1/2.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEDIGENE AG COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEDIGENE AG BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEDIGENE AG SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEDIGENE AG FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEDIGENE AG COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MediGene AG Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MediGene AG and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MediGene AG and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MediGene AG Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MediGene AG Industry Position Analysis
6. MEDIGENE AG NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEDIGENE AG EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEDIGENE AG ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. GERMANY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEDIGENE AG IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEDIGENE AG PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEDIGENE AG VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MediGene AG Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MediGene AG Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MediGene AG Major Shareholders
MediGene AG History
MediGene AG Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MediGene AG Offices and Representations
MediGene AG SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MediGene AG Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MediGene AG Capital Market Snapshot
MediGene AG Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
MediGene AG Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MediGene AG Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MediGene AG Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MediGene AG 1-year Stock Charts
MediGene AG 5-year Stock Charts
MediGene AG vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MediGene AG vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MediGene AG Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?