- The report contains detailed information about MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a development stage company, focuses on the development and commercialization of inhalation therapies. The company has proprietary product candidates in development that address various market opportunities. Its focuses on advancing its Phase 3 product candidate, LEVADEX orally inhaled migraine therapy, a proprietary orally inhaled version of dihydroergotamine mesylate, or DHE, for the potential treatment of migraine.
LEVADEX for the Acute Treatment of Migraine
LEVADEX, or MAP0004, is the companys proprietary orally inhaled version of DHE in development intended to treat migraine. LEVADEX is a non-invasive, at-home therapy in development that patients self-administer using proprietary hand-held Tempo inhaler. In January 2010, the company announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had informed it that a second pivotal efficacy study would not be required for the LEVADEX new drug application, NDA, submission.
The company holds worldwide commercialization rights for LEVADEX and it intends to market LEVADEX in the United States targeting neurologists and headache specialists.
Unit Dose Budesonide, or UDB, is the companys proprietary nebulized version of budesonide intended to treat asthma in children from 12 months to eight years of age. UDB is designed to be administered quickly and to provide efficacy at lower doses than conventional nebulized budesonide. Its UDB product candidate has been designed to achieve a particle size smaller than previously possible with budesonide.
Other Pipeline Products
The companys product portfolio also includes the two earlier stage product candidates, both of which highlight the applicability of technologies to a range of potential future products.
MAP0005 Combination Particle Technology: MAP0005 serves as a proof of concept for the specific delivery of two therapeutic agents that could use from targeted receptor delivery in a fixed ratio within a single particle. MAP0005, a proprietary combination of an inhaled corticosteroid and a long-acting beta-agonist, or LABA, for the potential treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or COPD, utilizes proprietary particle formulation technologies to administer the optimal ratio of multiple drugs in a reproducible manner.
MAP0001 Stable Protein Particle Technology: MAP0001 serves as proof of concept for the ability to formulate and stabilize biologically-active proteins and peptides and deliver them to the lung. The company design and incorporate protein formulations without the need for excipients or other additives, to be stored for months at room temperature and to provide multiple doses of medicine delivered without the need for invasive needle injections.
Collaborations and License Agreements
AstraZeneca: The company and AstraZeneca AB (AstraZeneca), in December 2008, entered into a worldwide collaboration to develop and commercialize UDB, its proprietary nebulized formulation of budesonide. The company is jointly developing UDB with AstraZeneca in the United States. AstraZeneca has rights to commercialize UDB in the United States, and to develop and commercialize UDB outside of the United States.
Elan Pharma International: The company, in April 2004, entered into a license agreement with Elan Pharma International Limited, or Elan. Under the terms of this license agreement, Elan granted to the company a worldwide, exclusive, sublicensable license under Elans intellectual property rights to use, market, distribute, sell, have sold, offer for sale, import and export aqueous formulations of budesonide (alone or with certain other active ingredients) for pulmonary delivery using certain devices for therapeutic use in humans.
Nektar Therapeutics: The company entered into a license agreement with Nektar Therapeutics U.K. Limited, or Nektar. Under the agreement, Nektar granted the company a worldwide, exclusive license, with a right to sublicense, under Nektar patents and know-how, to develop and commercialize any formulation of a form of dihydroergotamine for administration by inhalation using a device.
Xemplar Pharmaceuticals: The company, in April 2006, entered into a manufacturing and supply agreement with Xemplar Pharmaceuticals, LLC, or Xemplar, for the manufacture and supply by Xemplar to the company of its clinical and commercial requirements of pressurized metered dose aerosol canisters containing placebo or active ingredient that are housed with in a fully-assembled Tempo inhaler and packaged for clinical and commercial use.
The companys competitors include Merck & Co., Inc. and GlaxoSmithKline.
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MAP PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MAP PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MAP PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MAP PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MAP PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MAP PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MAP PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MAP PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MAP PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MAP PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MAP PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?