- The report contains detailed information about Luna Innovations Incorporated that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Luna Innovations Incorporated. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Luna Innovations Incorporated financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Luna Innovations Incorporated competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Luna Innovations Incorporated business.
About Luna Innovations Incorporated
Luna Innovations Incorporated engages in the research, development, and commercialization of technologies in the areas of test and measurement, sensing, and instrumentation products, and health care products.
The company operates in two divisions, the Products Division and Technology Development Division.
Products and Services
TEST & MEASUREMENT, SENSING, AND INSTRUMENTATION PRODUCTS
Test and Measurement Equipment for Fiber Optic Components and Sub-Assemblies
The companys test and measurement products monitor the integrity of fiber optic network components and sub-assemblies. These products are designed for manufacturers and suppliers of optical components and sub-assemblies. The companys optical test equipment products replace the need for these multiple test products and address various stages of the end users product development life cycle, including design verification, component qualification, assembly process verification, and failure analysis.
The company's wholly owned subsidiary, Luna Technologies, Inc., has three primary product linesits Optical Vector Analyzer (OVA), its Optical Backscatter Reflectometer (OBR), and the Phoenix family of lasers.
The companys OVA platform allows manufacturers and suppliers of optical components and sub-assemblies to time-to-market by replacing multiple measurement platforms with a single, integrated instrument.
The companys OBR is a diagnostic device that allows data and telecommunications companies and the service providers who maintain their own fiber optic networks to limit test time. Its graphical user interface also makes the OBR product suitable for both research and manufacturing applications. The OBR also has a feature that allows users to turn standard optical fiber into a continuous thermometer that could be used in various applications, including power generation, civil structure monitoring, industrial process control, component-level heating in optical amplifiers, strain and load distribution in aircraft harnesses, and temperature monitoring inside telecommunications cabinets and enclosures.
The companys Phoenix laser is a MEMs-based, external cavity laser, offering low noise and precise tuning capability over the C-band.
The company offers distributed sensing systems (DSS), which are products composing multiple sensors whose inputs are integrated through a fiber optic network and software. The companys DSS products use fiber optic sensing technology with a monitoring system that allows various sensors to be networked along a single optical fiber. Potential key applications and markets include:
Distributed Strain: Potential markets for its DSS products include the airframe industry, integrated structural monitoring on civil structures, and space applications.
Distributed Temperature: The companys DSS product also enables the direct monitoring of temperature. Potential markets include industrial process control and electrical system monitoring.
Distributed Shape: A derivation of its distributed strain measurement technology is being utilized to enable three-dimensional shape and position measurement. The company is developing this technology for use in robotic tethers, flexible structures used by the U.S. Navy for undersea systems, and other applications.
The company has the rights to manufacture an existing line of swept tunable lasers. It owns this technology and related manufacturing assets to allow it to operate in its existing fiber optic test and measurement, as well as sensing markets. With this technology in hand, the company is pursuing business opportunities in new markets, such as industrial and medical sensing.
Medical Devices for Diagnostics, Surgery, and Therapy
The company has applied its distributed fiber optic sensing technology to improve medical devices used for minimally invasive procedures for diagnostics, surgery, or therapy. This technology can be applied to measure the position and shape of an instrument inside the body, as well as pressure and temperature. This information can be collected in
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LUNA INNOVATIONS INCORPORATED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LUNA INNOVATIONS INCORPORATED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LUNA INNOVATIONS INCORPORATED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LUNA INNOVATIONS INCORPORATED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LUNA INNOVATIONS INCORPORATED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Luna Innovations Incorporated Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Luna Innovations Incorporated and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Luna Innovations Incorporated and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Luna Innovations Incorporated Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Luna Innovations Incorporated Industry Position Analysis
6. LUNA INNOVATIONS INCORPORATED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LUNA INNOVATIONS INCORPORATED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LUNA INNOVATIONS INCORPORATED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LUNA INNOVATIONS INCORPORATED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LUNA INNOVATIONS INCORPORATED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LUNA INNOVATIONS INCORPORATED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Luna Innovations Incorporated Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Luna Innovations Incorporated Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Luna Innovations Incorporated Major Shareholders
Luna Innovations Incorporated History
Luna Innovations Incorporated Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Luna Innovations Incorporated Offices and Representations
Luna Innovations Incorporated SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Luna Innovations Incorporated Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Luna Innovations Incorporated Capital Market Snapshot
Luna Innovations Incorporated Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Luna Innovations Incorporated Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Luna Innovations Incorporated Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Luna Innovations Incorporated Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Luna Innovations Incorporated 1-year Stock Charts
Luna Innovations Incorporated 5-year Stock Charts
Luna Innovations Incorporated vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Luna Innovations Incorporated vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Luna Innovations Incorporated Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?