- The report contains detailed information about Luminex Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Luminex Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Luminex Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Luminex Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Luminex Corporation business.
About Luminex Corporation
Luminex Corporation engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of proprietary biological testing technologies and products with applications throughout the life sciences and diagnostics industries.
The company has two segments, The Technology segment and the Assay segment. The Technology segment consists of system sales to partners and end customers, raw bead sales, royalties, service and support of the technology, and other miscellaneous items. The Assay segment consists of LBG and LMD. This segment is primarily involved in the development and sale of assays on xMAP technology for use on Luminexs installed base of systems.
The companys xMAP (Multi-Analyte Profiling) technology, an open architecture, multiplexing technology, allows simultaneous analysis of up to 500 bioassays from a small sample volume, typically a single drop of fluid, by reading biological tests on the surface of microscopic polystyrene beads called microspheres.
xMAP technology is being used within various segments of the life sciences industry which includes the fields of drug discovery and development, clinical diagnostics, genetic analysis, bio-defense, protein analysis and biomedical research.
Luminex 100 and Luminex 200: The Luminex 100 and 200 are compact analyzers that integrate fluidics, optics and digital signal processing to perform up to 100 bioassays simultaneously in a single tube or well of a microtiter plate using a small amount of sample. By combining small diode lasers with digital signal processors and microcontrollers, these systems perform multi-analyte profiles under the control of a Windows-based personal computer and proprietary software.
The company also offers two peripheral components for the Luminex systems the Luminex XYP (XY Platform) and the Luminex SD (Luminex Sheath Delivery System). The XY Platform complements the Luminex systems by automating the sequential positioning of each well of a microtiter plate, permitting up to 9,600 unattended tests per plate to be performed in less than an hour.
The Luminex SD is a pressurized, external pump delivery system that enhances the delivery of sheath fluid to the Luminex systems by pumping sheath fluid from an external bulk reservoir, enabling the Luminex systems to operate for up to 24 hours without switching to a new reservoir of sheath fluid.
FLEXMAP 3D: The FLEXMAP 3D system is intended for use as a general laboratory instrument in markets, including life science research and diagnostics. This device is designed for use with xMAP technology and assay kits available through Luminex and Luminex-partner companies. The FLEXMAP 3D system, in combination with xMAP technology, can simultaneously measure up to 500 analytes from a single sample.
MicroPlex Microspheres: The companys xMAP Systems use polystyrene microspheres that are approximately 5.6 microns in diameter. It dyes the microspheres in sets with varying intensities of a red and a near infrared dye to achieve up to 500 distinct color sets. In addition to microspheres, consumables from Luminex also include sheath fluid.
MagPlex Microspheres: These microspheres feature super-paramagnetic properties that make them ideal for running automated xMAP-based assays. These microspheres can be moved or held in place by a magnetic field. Many automated sample preparation systems utilize magnetic properties to automate the sample preparation steps in an assay.
xTAG Microspheres: These dyed microspheres are linked to a set of 100 proprietary nucleic acid capture sequences providing a universal array for DNA and RNA work. They are designed for conducting genotyping and other nucleic acid-based experiments in the life sciences markets.
SeroMAP Microspheres: These 100 distinct sets of microspheres are designed for specific protein based serological applications. Certain Luminex partners use this product for enriched sensitivity in serum-based assays.
Calibration and Control Microspheres: Calibration microspheres are microspheres of known fluorescent light intensities used to calibrate the settings for the classifi
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LUMINEX CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LUMINEX CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LUMINEX CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LUMINEX CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LUMINEX CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Luminex Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Luminex Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Luminex Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Luminex Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Luminex Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. LUMINEX CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LUMINEX CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LUMINEX CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LUMINEX CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LUMINEX CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LUMINEX CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Luminex Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Luminex Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Luminex Corporation Major Shareholders
Luminex Corporation History
Luminex Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Luminex Corporation Offices and Representations
Luminex Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Luminex Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Luminex Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Luminex Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Luminex Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Luminex Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Luminex Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Luminex Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Luminex Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Luminex Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Luminex Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Luminex Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?