- The report contains detailed information about Lorus Therapeutics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Lorus Therapeutics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Lorus Therapeutics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Lorus Therapeutics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Lorus Therapeutics Inc. business.
About Lorus Therapeutics Inc.
Lorus Therapeutics Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery, research, and development of anticancer therapies in Canada.
The company has product candidates in three classes of anticancer therapies: RNA-targeted therapies; small molecule therapies; and immunotherapeutics. It has commercial rights in Virulizin.
The companys RNA-targeted drugs consist of antisense drugs and short-interfering RNA (siRNA). The premise of this therapeutic approach is to target an earlier stage of the biochemical process than is usually possible with conventional drugs. The blueprint for protein production is encoded in the DNA of each cell. To translate this code into protein the cell first produces mRNAs (messenger ribonucleic acids) specific to each protein and these act as intermediaries between the information encoded in DNA and production of the corresponding protein.
LOR-2040: The company has developed various antisense drugs, of which its principal product is LOR-2040 (formerly GTI-2040). LOR-2040 targets the R2 component of ribonucleotide reductase (RNR) and has exhibited antitumor properties against over different human cancers in standard mouse models, including chemotherapy resistant tumors. It has completed a Phase I/II clinical trial of LOR-2040 for advanced or metastatic renal cell carcinoma. It is also conducting or has completed multiple Phase I/II clinical trial programs in cooperation with the U.S. National Cancer Institute (NCI), for the study of LOR-2040 for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML), breast cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, a series of solid tumors and myelodysplastic syndrome, and acute leukemia.
LOR-1284: LOR-1284 (formerly siRNA-1284), the principal compound identified from the screening study, targets R2 expression. In vitro studies, down-regulation of R2 expression by LOR-1284 resulted in decreased tumor cell growth (proliferation) with a concomitant block in cell cycle progression. LOR-1284 demonstrates anti-tumor activity against human kidney, skin, and colon cancers in mouse experimental models of tumor growth.
Small Molecule Therapies
Chemical compounds weighing less than 1000 daltons (a unit of molecular weight) are designated as small or low molecular weight molecules. These molecules can be designed to target specific proteins or receptors that are known to be involved with disease.
LOR-253: The company has selected two small molecule compounds from a series of novel small molecules discovered, which exhibit potent anticancer activity in vitro screens. It has developed LOR-253 as a principal compound for the treatment of colon carcinoma and non-small cell lung cancer. It has completed formal good lab practises (GLP) toxicology studies for LOR-253. In June 2010, the company completed the filing of an investigational new drug application with the FDA which was for a first-in-man Phase I dose escalation trial in advanced or metastatic solid tumors.
The company is pursuing other candidates at earlier stages of development. These include LOR-264, a second generation LOR-253 derivative, is being developed for oral administration. Like LOR-253, LOR-264 has demonstrated potent anticancer activity in animal studies and represents the oral drug in this development platform; LOR-500 targets multikinases, including tyrosine kinase family members and a member of the calcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase family; and LOR-220 platform, a compound that targets novel bacterial Ser/Thr kinases.
Immunotherapy is a form of treatment that stimulates the bodys immune system to fight diseases, including cancer.
Interleukin-17E: Interleukin-17E (IL-17E) is a protein-based therapeutic that it is developing as an immunotherapy for cancer treatment. It has shown that IL-17E has anticancer activity against a range of human cancers. IL-17E had antitumor activity in various solid tumors, including melanoma, breast, colon, pancreatic, and non-small cell lung cancers.
Virulizin: In 2008, the company entered into a licensing deal with a subsidiary of Zoticon Bioventures subsidiary, ZOR Pharmaceuticals, LLC, for Virulizin. The license, covering north and south America, Europe, and Israel. In addition, its wholly-owned subsidiary received a 25% equity interest in ZOR Pharmaceuticals, LLC. Zor is responsible for clinical developments, regulatory submissions, and commercial activities.
Ion Pharmaceuticals: The company, through NuChem Pharmaceuticals Inc., acquired patent rights and a sublicense from Ion to develop and commercialize the anticancer applications of CLT and new chemical entities related to CLT (the NuChem Analogs).
Zoticon Bioventures Inc.: The company, through its wholly owned subsidiary, GeneSense Technologies Inc., signed a multinational license agreement with ZOR Pharmaceuticals, LLC formed as a subsidiary of Zoticon Bioventures Inc., to develop and commercialize Virulizin for human therapeutic applications.
National Cancer Institute: The company and the NCI approved clinical protocols to conduct a series of clinical trials in a phase I/II program to investigate the safety and efficacy of LOR-2040. It and the NCI signed a formal clinical trial agreement in which the NCI financially sponsors the LOR-2040 clinical trials, while it provides the clinical trial drug. In 2009, the company entered into an additional agreement with the NCI for the study of LOR-2501, LOR- 2040, and LOR-1284 in combination with commercially-available drugs, to develop a drug cocktail(s) that is for the treatment of Renal Cell Carcinoma tumors than for normal regenerating kidney.
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LORUS THERAPEUTICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LORUS THERAPEUTICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LORUS THERAPEUTICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LORUS THERAPEUTICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LORUS THERAPEUTICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Lorus Therapeutics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Lorus Therapeutics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Lorus Therapeutics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Lorus Therapeutics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Lorus Therapeutics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LORUS THERAPEUTICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LORUS THERAPEUTICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LORUS THERAPEUTICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LORUS THERAPEUTICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LORUS THERAPEUTICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LORUS THERAPEUTICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. Major Shareholders
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. History
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. Offices and Representations
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Lorus Therapeutics Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?