- The report contains detailed information about Lonza Group AG that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Lonza Group AG. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Lonza Group AG financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Lonza Group AG competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Lonza Group AG business.
About Lonza Group AG
Lonza Group AG, a Life Sciences driven chemical company, supplies active ingredients, chemical intermediates and biotechnology solutions to the pharmaceutical and agrochemical industries. The company also offers a catalogue of organic intermediates for a range of applications, such as pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, vitamins, food and feedstuff, dyes and pigments, adhesives and fragrances. It also manufactures specialty biocides and oleochemicals; and develops and produces specific polymer intermediates, unsaturated polyester-resins, compounds and composites. The company operates in three divisions that include Exclusive Synthesis & Biopharmaceuticals; Organic Fine & Performance Chemicals; and Polymer Intermediates.
Exclusive Synthesis & Biopharmaceuticals
In the area of Exclusive Synthesis and Biopharmaceuticals, Lonza is the custom manufacturing for the global life sciences companies. In addition to Lonzas traditional chemical custom manufacturing, Lonza offers microbial custom fermentation and biotransformation services. Lonza Biologics is focused on the production of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins produced by mammalian cell cultures.
Exclusive chemical synthesis: Exclusive chemical synthesis engages in the process development and manufacture of intermediates and active ingredients. It is used in Life sciences industry, pharmaceuticals and animal health products.
Exclusive microbial fermentation and biotransformation: Exclusive microbial fermentation and biotransformation processes development and manufactures intermediates, active ingredients and biopharmaceuticals. Its products are used Life sciences industry, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics. The company also offers L-Carnitine (L-Carnipure), which is applicable in sports nutrition, food, pharmaceuticals and feedstuffs.
Exclusive microbial biopharma fermentation: Exclusive microbial biopharma fermentation engages in the process development and manufacture of therapeutic recombinant proteins and antibody fragments. It is used in pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Exclusive mammalian cell fermentation: Exclusive mammalian cell fermentation engages in the process development and manufacture of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins, proprietary GS-expression system, which are used in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Organic Fine & Performance Chemicals
In the area of organic fine and performance chemicals, the company develops, manufactures, and sells various organic chemical intermediates applied in pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, vitamins, food and feed, dyes, pigments, adhesives, and fragrances, as well as polymers. The sector performance chemical is mainly engaged in the development and production of biocides and oleochemicals. These core activities are supplemented by the polymer intermediates business, including additives, unsaturated polyester resins, compounds, and composites.
Organic Fine Chemicals: The company offers Niacin, niacinamide, Diketene derivatives, Hydrocyanic acid derivatives, Engineering polymer additives and Meta Metaldehyde. Its products are used in food and feedstuffs, pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, colorants Vitamins, optical brighteners, agrochemicals, electronics, aerospace industry, and coating Snail.
Performance Chemicals: The company offers microbiologically active substances, such as Quaternary ammonium, compounds, Halogenated hydantoins; and Hydantoin derivatives. It also offers Oleochemical derivatives. The companys products are used by the disinfectants for household, industrial and institutional applications, including water treatment and wood preservation; biocides for water treatment, pools and spas, and household disinfection; preservatives for personal care and household products; and food ingredients, humectants and emollients for personal care, processing aids and lubricants for polymer and textile industry, and industrial defoamers.
The Polymer Intermediates Business Sector develops, produces and markets specific intermediates for chemical manufacturing, such as oxidation catalysts, dibasic acids,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LONZA GROUP AG COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LONZA GROUP AG BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LONZA GROUP AG SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LONZA GROUP AG FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LONZA GROUP AG COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Lonza Group AG Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Lonza Group AG and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Lonza Group AG and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Lonza Group AG Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Lonza Group AG Industry Position Analysis
6. LONZA GROUP AG NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LONZA GROUP AG EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LONZA GROUP AG ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWITZERLAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LONZA GROUP AG IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LONZA GROUP AG PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LONZA GROUP AG VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Lonza Group AG Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Lonza Group AG Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Lonza Group AG Major Shareholders
Lonza Group AG History
Lonza Group AG Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Lonza Group AG Offices and Representations
Lonza Group AG SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Lonza Group AG Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Lonza Group AG Capital Market Snapshot
Lonza Group AG Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Lonza Group AG Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Lonza Group AG Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Lonza Group AG Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Lonza Group AG 1-year Stock Charts
Lonza Group AG 5-year Stock Charts
Lonza Group AG vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Lonza Group AG vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Lonza Group AG Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?