- The report contains detailed information about Life Technologies Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Life Technologies Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Life Technologies Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Life Technologies Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Life Technologies Corporation business.
About Life Technologies Corporation
Life Technologies Corporation operates as a global biotechnology tools company focused on improving the human condition. The company delivers a range of products and services, including systems, instruments, reagents, software, and custom services.
The company's products and services are divided into following divisions: Molecular Biology Systems (MBS); Cell Systems (CS); and Genetic Systems (GS).
The MBS division includes the molecular biology based technologies, including basic and real-time PCR, RNAi, DNA synthesis, sample prep, transfection, cloning and protein expression profiling, and protein analysis.
The CS division includes product lines used in the study of cell function, including cell culture media and sera, stem cells and related tools, cellular imaging products, antibodies, drug discovery services, and cell therapy related products.
The GS division includes sequencing systems and reagents, including capillary electrophoresis and the SOLiD system, as well as reagent kits developed specifically for applied markets, such as forensics, food and water safety, and pharmaceutical quality monitoring.
The company's specific product categories include the gene cloning and expression technology, which allows customers to clone and expression-test genes on an industrial scale; pre-cast electrophoresis products, which is used for separating nucleic acids and proteins; antibodies, which allow researchers to capture and label proteins, visualize their location through use of dyes and discern their role in disease; magnetic beads, which are used in various settings, such as attachment of molecular labels, nucleic acid purification, and organ and bone marrow tissue type testing; molecular probes fluorescence-based technologies, which facilitate the labeling of molecules for biological research and drug discovery; Transfection reagents, which are used to transfer genetic elements into living cells enabling the study of protein function and gene regulation; PCR and Real Time PCR systems, reagents and assays, which enable researchers to amplify and detect targeted nucleic acids (DNA and RNA molecules) for a host of applications in molecular biology; cell culture media and reagents used to preserve and grow mammalian cells, which are used in large scale cGMP bio-production facilities to produce molecule biologic therapies; RNA Interference reagents, which enable scientists to selectively turn off genes in biology systems to gain insight into biological pathways; and capillary electrophoresis and SOLiD DNA sequencing systems and reagents, which are used to discover sources of genetic and epigenetic variation, to catalog the DNA structure of organisms, to verify the composition of genetic research material, and to apply these genetic analysis discoveries in markets, such as forensic human identification and clinical diagnostics.
The company divides its target customer base into three major categories:
Life science researchers: The life sciences research market consists of laboratories generally associated with universities, medical research centers, government institutions such as the United States National Institutes of Health (the NIH), and other research institutions, as well as biotechnology, pharmaceutical, diagnostic, energy, agricultural, and chemical companies. Researchers at these institutions are using its products and services in a spectrum of scientific activities, such as searching for drugs or other techniques to combat a wide variety of diseases, such as cancer and viral and bacterial disease; researching diagnostics for disease identification or for improving the efficacy of drugs to targeted patient groups; and assisting in vaccine design, bioproduction, and agriculture. The companys products and services provide the research tools needed for genomics studies, proteomics studies, gene splicing, cellular analysis, and other key research applications that are required by these life science researchers.
Commercial producers of biopharmaceutical and other high valued proteins: The company serves industries that apply genetic engineering to the research and commer
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Life Technologies Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Life Technologies Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Life Technologies Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Life Technologies Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Life Technologies Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Life Technologies Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Life Technologies Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Life Technologies Corporation Major Shareholders
Life Technologies Corporation History
Life Technologies Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Life Technologies Corporation Offices and Representations
Life Technologies Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Life Technologies Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Life Technologies Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Life Technologies Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Life Technologies Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Life Technologies Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Life Technologies Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Life Technologies Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Life Technologies Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Life Technologies Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Life Technologies Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Life Technologies Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?