- The report contains detailed information about Ipca Laboratories Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ipca Laboratories Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ipca Laboratories Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ipca Laboratories Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ipca Laboratories Ltd. business.
About Ipca Laboratories Ltd.
Ipca Laboratories Limited, a holding company, operates as a pharmaceutical company in India and internationally. The company engages in producing and exporting the anti-malarial drug compounds like Chloroquine, Amodiaquine, Primaquine, Artemether, Arteether and Artesunate and their formulations. It exports to approximately 100 countries worldwide. The company offers its products in chronic therapy segments, such as cardiovascular, anti-diabetics, anti-malarials, central nervous system and non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
The company primarily engages in the manufacture and marketing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), such as Atenolol, Chloroquine Phosphate, Furosemide, and Pyrantel Salts. The company also offers various formulations and drug intermediates.
The company offers formulations of Hydroxy Chloroquine Sulphate under the brand HCQS; Aceclofenac under the brand Zerodol; and an injectable anti-biotic combination under the brand Sultax in the domestic formulations market. Ipca manufactures approximately 150 formulations representing various therapeutic segments and dosage forms. The dosage forms include tablets, capsules, oral liquids, dry powders for suspension, and injectables (liquid & dry). It also manufactures formulations for many companies in the European Union under supply agreements.
In April 2005, Ipca Laboratories has entered into a Joint Venture agreement with Chongqing Holley Holding Co., Ltd. of China. The Joint Venture Company would engage itself in marketing Artemisinin based Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and its Formulations mainly to International Institutions, NGOs, Government and Semi-Government bodies across the globe. The Bulk Drugs and Formulations required by the Joint Venture company would be manufactured by Ipca.
General Pharma division: General Pharma division is the marketing division of the company. The product range of General Pharma division comprises anti-malarials, anti-hypertensives, anti-bacterials, non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) and cough preparations. This division has a portfolio of 25 brands.
Intima division: Intima division markets mature brands of the company, such as Lariago (anti-malarial), Perinorm (anti-emetic), Eltocin and Imox (anti-biotic). This division markets brands mainly in the therapeutic segments, such as anti-malarials, antibacterials, gastro intestinal (G.I.) products, and anthelmintics.
Activa division: Activa domestic markets formulations in Ortho and Gastro segments. This division has a portfolio of 8 brands.
3C division: 3C division markets cardiovascular and anti-diabetic products. This division has a portfolio of 17 brands.
Innova division: Innova division markets neuro psychiatry and dermatology products. This division has a portfolio of 21 brands.
Hycare division: Hycare division markets Cardiovascular and anti-diabetic products. This division has a portfolio of 7 brands.
The company and Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (RPI) have entered into an agreement to manufacture and market metformin tablets in the U.S.
In September 2007, the company and Heritage Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced that they have formed generic drug alliance.
The company has entered into a collaborative-cum-licence agreement with Central Drug Research Institute in Lucknow - India (CDRI) for the development of its compound 99/411, a synthetic substitute for malarial drugs based on Artemisinin.
In August 2007, Heritage Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and the company announced that they have entered into a strategic alliance for the development, supply and marketing of generic pharmaceutical products for the U.S. prescription drug market.
Ipca Laboratories, Ltd. has partnered with Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to develop generic prescription drugs for the U.S. market. Ipca would develop and manufacture the products in India, while Ranbaxy would market and distribute them in the U.S. The first drug to be launched by the new alliance would be Furosemide, used to treat hypertension and heart disease.
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. has opened a subsidiary in Colombia, which has allowed it to begin importing its products into the country. The company imports would be destined for Colombia's wholesale hospital market.
The company and Heritage Pharmaceuticals, Inc. have entered into a strategic alliance. Under this strategic alliance, it has received approval from U.S. Food and Drugs Administration to manufacture and market Propranolol HCI Oral Tablets in 10, 20, 40, 60 and 80 mg strength in the U.S. market.
Ipca Laboratories Limited was incorporated in 1949 and was formerly known as The Indian Pharmaceutical Combine Association Limited.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IPCA LABORATORIES LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IPCA LABORATORIES LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IPCA LABORATORIES LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IPCA LABORATORIES LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IPCA LABORATORIES LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ipca Laboratories Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ipca Laboratories Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ipca Laboratories Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ipca Laboratories Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ipca Laboratories Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. IPCA LABORATORIES LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IPCA LABORATORIES LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IPCA LABORATORIES LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. INDIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IPCA LABORATORIES LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IPCA LABORATORIES LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IPCA LABORATORIES LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. Major Shareholders
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. History
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. Offices and Representations
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ipca Laboratories Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?