- The report contains detailed information about International Stem Cell Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for International Stem Cell Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The International Stem Cell Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes International Stem Cell Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of International Stem Cell Corporation business.
About International Stem Cell Corporation
International Stem Cell Corporation, a biotechnology company, focuses on therapeutic, biomedical research, and cosmeceutical products.
The companys wholly-owned subsidiary Lifeline Cell Technology (LCT) creates, manufactures, and sells research products to culture human cells. Its wholly-owned subsidiary Lifeline Skin Care (LSC) creates cosmetic skin care products derived from human cell technologies.
International Stem Cell Corporations Lifeline subsidiary produces and sells approximately 75 cell culture products. These human cell-based products are used by research scientists in pharmaceutical, academic and government research organizations to study human disease and basic cell biology. These products eliminate the need for scientists to create their own cells, media and reagents or attempt to adapt off the shelf products to match specific experimental needs.
Sample Lifeline products include Human fibroblast cells (the cells in skin that heal wounds) and specialized medium (Fibrolife), available as a serum-free or low serum formats for use to grow human embryonic stem cells (eliminates contamination from mouse cells) and to conduct wound-healing studies; human endothelial cells (from blood vessels such as the aorta) and two types of low serum human endothelial media (VascuLife), used by researchers to study cardiovascular disease and cancer; human epidermal keratinocyte cells (skin cells) and specialized medium (DermaLife) for use as a model to study skin disease, toxicology or basic cell biology; human epidermal melanocytes (cells that produce skin pigment) and specialized medium (DermaLife-M), used by researchers to study skin disease including cancer and to test consumer products such as those for sun protection; line of neural stem cells with the ability to produce neurons that can survive in low-oxygen and low glucose conditions, a product useful for the discovery of drugs for the treatment of stroke; two types of media for the culture of the adult neural cells, NeuralLife ags NSC expansion medium kit and NeuralLife ags NSC differentiation medium kit; human prostate cells and specialized medium (ProstaLife) to study prostate disease including cancer; human renal and bladder cells and associated media (RenaLife) to study renal and bladder diseases; and an assortment of other cell culture reagents and supplements for the growth of human cells.
The companys human cell products consist of standardized living cells, including fully functional adult cells and (non-embryonic) stem cell lines. They are provided frozen in vials containing approximately 500,000 cells each, or are plated into flasks.
In addition to proprietary cell system, pursuant to the terms of License Agreements with Advanced Cell Technology, Inc. (ACTC), the company can manufacture and sell embryonic stem cell products developed by ACTC. Some of the products previously owned by ACTC have been sold to BioTime, Inc. (BTIM), and the company has rights to distribute those products also under a separate agreement with that company. Under the agreement with BTIM, it intends to develop jointly stem cell products for the research market based on the ACTCellerate technology licensed from ACTC.
Lifeline brand products are distributed domestically through Lifelines direct sales force, in Europe through CellSystems GmbH and in Japan through a contract with Veritas Corporation. In addition, Lifeline manufactures cell culture products under OEM contracts with American Type Culture Collection (ATCC), Millipore Corporation and Invitrogen Corporation.
Using proprietary human parthenogenetic stem cells, the companys LifeLine products and embryonic stem cells from third parties, it is in the process of creating and exploring a range of cell types that may be useful in therapeutic treatments, such as corneal-like structures grown to clear hollow spheres with a size of 8-10 mm in diameter and containing tissues and cells similar to those found in normal human corneal tissue; contact lenses coated with living human corneal cells for use in corneal wound healing; retinal pigment epithelial (RPE) cells in collaboration with University of California, Irvine; liver cells that may be used to treat a variety of congenital and acquired liver diseases; and pancreas cells (beta cells from the islet) that properly produce human insulin and may be useful in the treatment of diabetes.
In May 2010, International Stem Cell Corporation (ISCO) announced that it had entered into a strategic alliance with The Automation Partnership to automate and scale up the production of stem cell-derived human corneal tissue.
On July 7, 2010, International Stem Cell Corporation and Sankara Nethralaya announced commencement of a collaboration to develop ISCO's CytoCor stem cell-derived corneal tissue.
Sales and Marketing
Sales of research products have been derived primarily through in-house sales force and via American Tissue Culture Collection (ATCC), Millipore, Invitrogen and CellSystems Biotechnologies Vertrieb GmbH.
In the field of research products, the companys primary competitors for stem cells, media and reagents are Lonza, Chemicon, Life Technologies Corp. (formerly Invitrogen Corp.), StemCell Technologies Inc., Millipore, Biotime and Specialty Media.
International Stem Cell Corporation was founded in 2001.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INTERNATIONAL STEM CELL CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INTERNATIONAL STEM CELL CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INTERNATIONAL STEM CELL CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INTERNATIONAL STEM CELL CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INTERNATIONAL STEM CELL CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. International Stem Cell Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of International Stem Cell Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of International Stem Cell Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. International Stem Cell Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. International Stem Cell Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. INTERNATIONAL STEM CELL CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INTERNATIONAL STEM CELL CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INTERNATIONAL STEM CELL CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INTERNATIONAL STEM CELL CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INTERNATIONAL STEM CELL CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INTERNATIONAL STEM CELL CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
International Stem Cell Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
International Stem Cell Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
International Stem Cell Corporation Major Shareholders
International Stem Cell Corporation History
International Stem Cell Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
International Stem Cell Corporation Offices and Representations
International Stem Cell Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
International Stem Cell Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
International Stem Cell Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
International Stem Cell Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
International Stem Cell Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
International Stem Cell Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
International Stem Cell Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
International Stem Cell Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
International Stem Cell Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
International Stem Cell Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
International Stem Cell Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
International Stem Cell Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?